ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick review of docs being sent to Sheffield..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usmanj
United Kingdom

Quick review of docs being sent to Sheffield..

Post by usmanj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:24 pm

The following is the list of documents I am including in the supporting documents pack:

Online application
Appendix 2
Sponsorship undertaking form
IHS receipt

English documents:
NARIC certificates for BA and MPhil
Degree certificates for both qualifications
Medium of instruction letters for BA and MPhil
Same and one person letters for BA and MPhil
Affidavit for same and one person

(same and one letters are due to name on qualifications being different to name on passport)

TB documents:
Tuberculosis certificate

Relationship documents:
Marriage certificate
English Translation of marriage certificate
NADRA marriage registration certificate
Wedding Invitation
Pictures
Screenshots from Facebook x4
Flight Tickets
Photocopy of Applicant's previous passport with honeymoon stamps
Hotel Bookings for honeymoon
Wedding card given to us by my work colleagues
Card sent to me by Applicant on Eid
Statements of money sent to applicant x2
Sponsor’s full passport copy
Itinerary of planned arrival in the UK
Chatlogs from Whatsapp
Call logs from Whatsapp

Financial documents:
Letter of employment
Salary review letter (due to salary increase last month)
Letter of authenticity for P60 and payslips
P60 for 2016/2017
Payslips covering 7 months
Bank statements covering 7 months
Savings account statements

Accommodation documents:
Letter of accommodation
Land Registry property title
Mortgage statement for last year
Property inspection report
Council tax statement for current year
Utility bill on sponsor’s name

Is there anything that I need to add or remove?

I have a question regarding the online application which I have printed and added, does it need the applicants picture on it? Or in other words where does the picture go that is required in the supporting docs? I've read in other threads that 2 passport size pics of the applicant are required.

All feedback will be much appreciated.

TAS01
Newly Registered

Re: Quick review of docs being sent to Sheffield..

Post by TAS01 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 pm

1) The Sponsorship undertaking form is not required for a Spouse Visa
2) Yes you need to include, passport pics, apparently only 1 but I included 2. I put them in a small envelope (so they wouldn't get lost) and attached to application form with a paperclip.
3) You mention Chatlogs from WhatsApp - is this the when you export your chat out and it comes out in a really long table? If so I don't think that's a good idea as they can easily be edited and manipulated. It's better to take screenshots. I took a screenshots of different conversations in every month since our relationship began to date.

I hope that helps!

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:14 pm

TAS01 wrote:1) The Sponsorship undertaking form is not required for a Spouse Visa
2) Yes you need to include, passport pics, apparently only 1 but I included 2. I put them in a small envelope (so they wouldn't get lost) and attached to application form with a paperclip.
3) You mention Chatlogs from WhatsApp - is this the when you export your chat out and it comes out in a really long table? If so I don't think that's a good idea as they can easily be edited and manipulated. It's better to take screenshots. I took a screenshots of different conversations in every month since our relationship began to date.

I hope that helps!

Hi TAS01,

Thanks for the reply. Really helpful :D

1) I have read in a few places that the Sponsorship undertaking form is not required but then again I have also read in a few threads that applications have been rejected due to not having a sponsorship undertaking form :/ It's really confusing.

2) Thanks, I will do the same.

3) Not exported logs. I have screen shot images of our chat since last year and a half.

Good luck with your visa application if you haven't already received it :)

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:24 pm

No I haven't received it yet, only sent it off last week. Its so nerve racking the wait. But hopefully all will be fine.

I totally agree with you its very confusing, and a bit of a minefield to get your head around everything. :|

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:28 pm

TAS01 wrote: I totally agree with you its very confusing, and a bit of a minefield to get your head around everything. :|
Yeh, I would have sent the paperwork off last week too but ran into a last minute issue with education certificated. Realised the name was slightly different from my Mrs old passport (has her caste at the end of the name). So had to get her to send me letter from the universities stating that its the same person etc.

Did you apply using priority service?

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:02 am

Nope, We decided not to as by reading all stuff on here and other boards, decided it wouldn't be worth the extra money as there is no real guarantee. Good luck with your application. Keep us posted.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 am

1) Sponsorship undertaking form not needed, not required and not related to spouse visas.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

TAS01 wrote:Nope, We decided not to as by reading all stuff on here and other boards, decided it wouldn't be worth the extra money as there is no real guarantee. Good luck with your application. Keep us posted.
Oh okay cool. I will do and you too. I'll be posting off all the docs on Thursday inshAllah.
i.need.help wrote:1) Sponsorship undertaking form not needed, not required and not related to spouse visas.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Received all documents back today. Literally ALL documents. Even the applicant's passport size photos :/

I'm pretty concerned that they may have missed out something by the state all the documents are in.

I know receiving documents back is a norm, but do they send back every single document? Even Online application and Appendix 2 have been sent back.

Is this normal?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:04 am

usmanj wrote:Received all documents back today. Literally ALL documents. Even the applicant's passport size photos :/

I'm pretty concerned that they may have missed out something by the state all the documents are in.

I know receiving documents back is a norm, but do they send back every single document? Even Online application and Appendix 2 have been sent back.

Is this normal?
You should join this forums Facebook group, (type this forums name in fb search box) it's active and everyone posts questions on there for suggestions and whatnot.

But returning the application and appendix 2 forms, seems weird.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:00 am

i.need.help wrote: You should join this forums Facebook group, (type this forums name in fb search box) it's active and everyone posts questions on there for suggestions and whatnot.

But returning the application and appendix 2 forms, seems weird.
Thank, I have just joined. Waiting on approval :)

Yes, it is very weird :/ I sent them two packs - original and photocopies. They sent everything back, literally every page.

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi Usmanji

I also recieved my documents back today. Same as you I have recieved everything back, Inc his passport pics and appendix 2 and application form.

Did you send 2 bundles...the original and photocopy bundle?

sndp
Newly Registered

Post by sndp » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am

Hi, I had sent my supporting documents to Sheffield on Aug 15th and they sent me back "everything" as well. I was quite concerned too, but If its happening to several people who have applied this month, I guess its normal!?
TAS01 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 pm
Hi Usmanji

I also recieved my documents back today. Same as you I have recieved everything back, Inc his passport pics and appendix 2 and application form.

Did you send 2 bundles...the original and photocopy bundle?