ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier 2 (employer change)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohsin125
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 to Tier 2 (employer change)

Post by mohsin125 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:11 am

Hi,

I was supposed to start my job on 4th September, however, my application is still in processing and it is likely I will get a response by 20th September. The new employer said, legally it is okay for me to stay in the country while application is in processing. Can you please confirm if this is true? Given, I will not have my passport, I cannot even travel etc.

Also, can anyone tell if this has any implication on my ILR application which I will be making next year?

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 2 (employer change)

Post by makky86 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:23 am

I was supposed to start my job on 4th September, however, my application is still in processing and it is likely I will get a response by 20th September. The new employer said, legally it is okay for me to stay in the country while application is in processing. Can you please confirm if this is true? Given, I will not have my passport, I cannot even travel etc.
Yes this is correct. While your application is under consideration your status is legal.

Also, can anyone tell if this has any implication on my ILR application which I will be making next year?
As long as you do not have more than 60 days gap between last day with previous employer and the day you applied for T2 with new employer.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

mohsin125
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 2 (employer change)

Post by mohsin125 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:26 am

Thank you so so much for such quick help. Clarifies things for me.