ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Re: Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:21 pm

lavey wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:06 pm
lavey wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:59 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

after august 10th...no document scanning..respective embassy will make decision...we are the unluckiest fellow here by applying before.
I feel like getting my passport back..and applying in priority visa again :cry:
@aerobalag even i too also thought same, but again have to get new CAS number, wait for IHS refund and need to provide justification. Don't know are they doing intentionally because they also knew courses are going to start from sept.
bro...u will get his refund minimum after 1 month...so u wont get ur refund rite away...
my question if I asked to return my documents...will they give immediately my passport? thts the problem here
Seriously!! don't know..for simple email response they may take up to 15 days :):)Better contact VFS people ,they may tell u exactly.
True that, LOL. I decided not to ever complain about how inefficient the public services are in the subcontinent =ever again :mrgreen:, even they dcant match UKVI

nhan908
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by nhan908 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Hey guys, did everyone here apply for the VFS SMS service? I didn't and I haven't received an email from UKVI confirming the application yet, although it's only been 5 days so I'm just curious if I will receive the email without the SMS service.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

nhan908 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:34 pm
Hey guys, did everyone here apply for the VFS SMS service? I didn't and I haven't received an email from UKVI confirming the application yet, although it's only been 5 days so I'm just curious if I will receive the email without the SMS service.
Yes. You will still receive an acknowledgement email from UKVI roughly a week after you handover the docs and passport.

nhan908
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by nhan908 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Did everyone here scan all their documents? I didn't have to hand anything in, they scanned all my documents and gave me it all back, only thing they kept is the passport.

Shashank11
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shashank11 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:29 am

I too applied on 13 July (not priority) and they scanned my documents and gave back the originals. This is the most frustrating experience of my life. I read another person also has resigned the job like me. We should not lose heart. Unfortunately we are suffering for processing delays. I know friends who got the visa in a week and all of them applied in August. I wonder what is going on for all those who applied in July ? And I wish I knew to apply priority visa

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am
I'm getting repeated emails from uk call centre..tht with ur regards to query we have escalated your application to the concerned authority....I don know how many escalation is possible...they are from different person :cry:
Do they really reply..They only replied me the first time i.e. when I paid..After that Ive sent them several emails..no reply. I emailed VFS to know if they got any information on my application..they just said its under process :roll: :roll:
Even I applied from vfs Kathmandu Nepal on July 19 still. Still under process as said by vfs

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 am

helleravinas wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 am
Sam1990 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am
I'm getting repeated emails from uk call centre..tht with ur regards to query we have escalated your application to the concerned authority....I don know how many escalation is possible...they are from different person :cry:
Do they really reply..They only replied me the first time i.e. when I paid..After that Ive sent them several emails..no reply. I emailed VFS to know if they got any information on my application..they just said its under process :roll: :roll:
Even I applied from vfs Kathmandu Nepal on July 19 still. Still under process as said by vfs
Did you contact UKVI through their paid email or calling service?

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

so i emailed them last friday..this is what they replied back..
thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, unfortunately from the information provided we are unable to ascertain the exact nature of your enquiry/ or your immigration status.

Please respond with as the below information:

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

if you have not yet submitted an application to UKVI then the below link may assist you further:
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

I already gave that information in my first email so i replied back yestarday thats my today's email.

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre

With regards to your enquiry , you did not provide the information we ask you for.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:44 am

Razbi wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, unfortunately from the information provided we are unable to ascertain the exact nature of your enquiry/ or your immigration status.

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

if you have not yet submitted an application to UKVI then the below link may assist you further:

I already gave that information in my first email so i replied back yestarday thats my today's email.

With regards to your enquiry , you did not provide the information we ask you for.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice
Do you make a new enquiry every time..for me they haven't replied to any of my follow up emails

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:44 am
Razbi wrote:

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

Do you make a new enquiry every time..for me they haven't replied to any of my follow up emails
Nopes i just replied to their last email

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am

Razbi wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 am
Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:44 am
Razbi wrote:

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

Nopes i just replied to their last email
Lucky you..at least you are getting reply. Ive sent them 4 follow up emails but no reply

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

I m worried now.... any one from nepal who got visa...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm
Look how many posts a user has made and look through a topic to see what they have previously posted first, instead of just asking for timelines, like the previous new user or the one before that. If each new poster asks the same question, all this topic becomes is 'what is your timline', 'my timeline is' repetitively or the one we hate the most "any updates today"!

This topic and the other two are already very close to being locked and such numerous duplicate questions are not helping it.
This is a final warning that this topic is on the verge of being locked due to the persistent low value, repetitive questions over and over again. Read the whole topic or click on a users name to see their history!!!

Post when you have an update or don't post at all if only for the sake of asking if anyone has an update or when they applied or where they applied. Read the WHOLE topic first!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rotkeh
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by rotkeh » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Applied 19 July 2017
E-mail from Visainfo.shefo prepared for consid. ECO 28 July
Still waiting for a decision...
Tho I have plenty of time for course start date 1 OCT 2017 I AM LIKE :evil:

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 pm

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 pm
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2017

Did anyone check this?
can you please tell me wts in there...because I'm nt able to open it

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:21 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:17 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Did anyone check this?
can you please tell me wts in there...because I'm nt able to open it
Try this

This document contains data on:

number and percentage of resolved applications for settlement and non-settlement out of country visa applications processed within service standards
percentage of out of country visa applications, in each points-based system (PBS) tier, processed within service standards
number of cases in ‘work in progress’ for both temporary and permanent out of country visa applications broken down by case type
time taken (days) to resolve applications for refugee / humanitarian family reunion out of country visa applications
number of cases in ‘work in progress’ for refugee / humanitarian family reunion out of country visa applications by age

rotkeh
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by rotkeh » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Just got the decision made e-mail from TLScontact.

If knew I would have written before in this forum :D it brought me luck...hopefully I get the visa as well...

Happy to collect my passport in few days....

I wish the same for all of you still waiting

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm

rotkeh wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 pm

If knew I would have written before in this forum :D it brought me luck...hopefully I get the visa as well...

how many days it took?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm getting repeated emails that my application has been escalated and wait for 15 WORKING DAYS to get response from them. I don't know how many 15 days they will take to get response after escalation....they have a draft copy of emails...when a applicant ask such questions..they are just doing copy paste draft.
seriously I lost all my hope guys. :cry: 37working day :cry:

rotkeh
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by rotkeh » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:21 pm

exactly 30 working days...

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:13 pm

rotkeh wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Can you please tell the registration date of your course?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Unless this thread reverts to the TIMELINE as intended it will be locked. ALL questions posts or any comments which are not posted in the TIMELINE thread should be posted in a separate topic. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Can we open a new topic where we can discuss visa delay experiences not just the timelines?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:47 pm
Can we open a new topic where we can discuss visa delay experiences not just the timelines?

Of course, you are free to open a new discussion topic.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.