ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA GRANTED!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent - Visa Documents Originals vs. Copies??

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Ok no problem.

My fiancé's job only process online PDF payslips, so he is going to contact HR to see if they can write an email detailing and confirming his pay, his manager was also going to confirm in the letter the genuity and accuracy of the payslips.
An email is not sufficient. The actual payslips need to be stamped with a company stamp and signed as original by HR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:49 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:29 pm
I did spot a really dumb mistake on my part. On my online application I provided information on my previous student visa. I accidentally entered the wrong date for the expiry of the visa.

Can the correct date be written on the physical copies sent?
:-(
You can correct it by hand on the printed copy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Thank you for your reply and confirmation!
:D

Firee4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Firee4real » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Congratulations on your submission.

I am in the same boat, about to submit but having issues with accommodation.

Can i ask how you tackled the accommodation question: "Where do you and your sponsor intend to live in the UK".

I noticed you said you will both be staying in his parent house but is that where he stays anyway and is that the address on his bank statement too?

I live in London and landlord is not happy to provide supporting evidence for fiance to live with me.

My parents are happy for him to stay with them but they live in Scotland. How can I reconcile the fact that I work in London and live there to the fact that my fiance will be staying in Scotland till we get married and find a place together? Will this be an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Firee4real wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm
Congratulations on your submission.

I am in the same boat, about to submit but having issues with accommodation.

Can i ask how you tackled the accommodation question: "Where do you and your sponsor intend to live in the UK".

I noticed you said you will both be staying in his parent house but is that where he stays anyway and is that the address on his bank statement too?

I live in London and landlord is not happy to provide supporting evidence for fiance to live with me.

My parents are happy for him to stay with them but they live in Scotland. How can I reconcile the fact that I work in London and live there to the fact that my fiance will be staying in Scotland till we get married and find a place together? Will this be an issue?
Kindly wait for someone to respond to your query in your own topic. It is considered rude to tag onto another members thread and it creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Is there a particular booklet or folder I need to use to put all of my documents into?

(I understand I have 14 days from the date of my biometrics appointment to send all docs, but being proactive and planning ahead.)

Also sorry for all of the questions. I just want to make sure I do everything correctly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Is there a particular booklet or folder I need to use to put all of my documents into?
No there isn't. Just make sure they are in the correct order and in date sequence and grouped appropriately, i.e. all bank statements together, all utility bills together etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Okay great thanks! For the payslips, my fiancé was able to get in touch with his HR manager and she said she can give him signed and stamped copies.

Question: Can I submit copies of those as he will need to scan and send the documents or will he need to mail those over to me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Payslips must be original.

Where are you applying from again?

Most likely that documents have to be sent to Sheffield anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:31 pm

I am applying from the USA. So does that mean my fiancé will have to mail them to me?

domeonga96
United States of America

URGENT Final Checklist for Fiance Visa Documents

Post by domeonga96 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Hello,

This is the final checklist I will post along with questions in bold. I realize this is a lengthy post, but want to be thorough. Any replies are greatly appreciated. Feel free to critique and correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

Fiancé Visa Document Checklist

Date applied online: 28 August 2017

Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 8 September 2017

FORMS

• Visa4UK online application – Settlement/Settlement/Marriage with corrections made (I entered the wrong expiry date on the information I provided for my previous student visa & put ‘Friend’ as relationship to sponsor rather than ‘partner’) – I crossed through the errors and wrote correct answers beside it

• Form VAF4a Appendix 2

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT/SPONSOR DOCUMENTS

• 6 months original stamped bank statements (highlighted where income was paid into monthly)
• 6 months original stamped pay slips from HR (these were sent to be scanned – is that ok?)
• Original employer letter signed by sponsor’s manager as per UKVI guidelines
• Original copy of employment contract from January 2017 (also signed by HR)
• Letter stating successful end of probationary period and confirmation of current full-time employment status (signed)
• Sponsor letter (signed and scanned to me)
• Scanned copy of passport – Is just the color copy okay?
• Utility bill? – don’t have this but does fiancé need to provide this? He lives with his parents

ACCOMODATION (LIVING WITH PARENTS)

• Letter from parents confirming that it is ok to live with them until we can afford to purchase our own property & also confirming our relationship and intentions to marry (signed by both parents)
• Copy of land deed
• Council tax bill (with details of mortgage already paid off)

APPLICANT DOCUMENTS

• Original (current) passport
• Previous passport
• Applicant letter (with details of previous immigration history on student visa in UK & relationship)
• 2 passport sized color photos
Is there anything else I must provide?

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

• 35 Photos in chronological order over the last 3 years of relationship together AND with family and friends
• Facebook screenshots of posts showing relationship stages
• Facebook and Instagram posts of pictures, etc.
• Text and Facebook messages between each other (how far back should I show to provide sufficient proof of long term communication?)
• Email trails between us and wedding venue
• Email trails between us and wedding vendors (e.g. photographer, musicians, etc.)
• Venue deposit receipt
• Insurance coverage receipt for engagement ring
• Copies of flight bookings for visits between USA & UK
• Hotel booking email
• Airbnb booking email
• E-receipts from any gifts or cards purchased
• Cards exchanged between each other
• Congratulations cards from family & friends
• Scanned copy of letter from registry office stating that we cannot give notice until visa granted
• Screenshot showing how many emails exchanged between fiancé and I
• Receipt for repairs made to engagement ring
• Save the Date card
• Supporting letter from my mom (signed)
• Emails between myself and bridesmaids & wedding planner

Additional questions:

- Do myself or sponsor need to provide original birth certificate?
- How should cover letter be formatted for each section?
- Passport scans of previous passport or just current one? I am sending my previous passport in with my application as it has my previous visa in there

Thank you for any help!

domeonga96
United States of America

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by domeonga96 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Hello,

I am sending in my documents to Sheffield today and have one last question.

My fiance's employment contract is only a copy. Will the Home Office be okay with this?
His employer won't stamp the copy and will not let him send the original. :(

Thank you

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Hello,

My fiance's employment contract is only a copy. Will the Home Office be okay with this?

Thank you
Could the employer not write out another letter and sign it?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:07 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Hello,

Thank you
An employee should have an original of their employment contract. They should be given two copies to sign, one for the employer and one for the employee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:37 pm

He has his original employers letter and the rest of his docs are original. So I can't imagine having a copy of the contract would be a problem?

He got his manager to sign and date the top right corner and sent over a copy. That's all I can do at this point.

domeonga96
United States of America

VISA GRANTED!!!

Post by domeonga96 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm

I just received my visa in the mail and am super relieved and happy!!! I want to thank everyone on here that has helped me.

Only question I have is about the expiry date. The visa is good from today through August 2020. Why do they put that instead of the 6 months? Find that quite odd. Nonetheless I know I need to reapply for spouse visa by April.

:D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VISA GRANTED!!!

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:47 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm
I just received my visa in the mail and am super relieved and happy!!! I want to thank everyone on here that has helped me.

Only question I have is about the expiry date. The visa is good from today through August 2020. Why do they put that instead of the 6 months? Find that quite odd. Nonetheless I know I need to reapply for spouse visa by April.

:D :D
It is likely an error as you have applied for a Fiance visa and you will need to have it corrected before traveling to the UK.

What does the visa in the passport and letter say exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:14 pm

I didn't receive a letter.

It says it's valid from today through 11/07/2020 and says Marriage/CP with my fiance's name right by it. Who do I need to contact about this error?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Because a fiance visa is only valid for 6 months and you applied for a fiance visa not a spouse visa. Maybe contact the visa app centre and ask. Did you receive anything back with your visa?

There should have been a letter in the pack you got back though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm

I will need to look through my papers again. It is a fiance visa. They've simply put the wrong expiry date. The visa even states that work is prohibited.
I will try to get in contact with them. A similar thing happened with me when I was on a Tier 4 visa in the UK and they didn't state that I was allowed 20 hours of work per week. I had to send it off to Sheffield and they sent it back with correct wording.
The only thing is I am not sure who exactly to get in contact with.

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:37 pm

I ended up emailing the EC Amendments Manager and she advised me that it is okay to travel to the UK, I will just need to send off my passport to Sheffield after I arrive for them to correct it for me. :D :D

So excited to travel!!!

extremebuy12345
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by extremebuy12345 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 pm

I like your good news. Congratulations. Me and my wife applied online last week and she attended the biometrics today. Your visa was processed really quickly.