ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for son while Father with British Passport is out of country

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

ILR for son while Father with British Passport is out of country

Post by babitha.srinivas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:13 pm

hello,
I m writing here to know about my son's ILR status.

My son was born outside the UK in May 2013, while I held my ILR status and eventually got my british citizenship in September 2014 by naturalisation. My wife entered the UK on a spouse visa and son as a dependant on the mother in September 2013.They are due to complete 5 years of stay in the UK in August 2018. I have just changed my job and due to relocate to the US and will receive my salary in American dollars. However my wife and kids will continue to remain in the UK. I have a few questions that i hope i ll find answers to here on this forum.

1. My wife is a housewife and I m the sole earner in the family. Will me moving to the US affect their ILR application?

2. I ll be moving to the us on an exchange program visa for 18months after which I ll return to the UK to process my work permit visa. Since i wont be living with my wife and kids, will the ILR application be rejected based on this.

3. I will have savings, minimum of GBP. 22,400 in my UK bank account. Will that be enough to fulfill the financial requirements for the ILR application?

4. Is it possible to apply for my son's ILR first and then for my wife before her visa expires or will they have to be done in the same application?

looking forward to any help regarding my query,

Thanks in advance
Siri

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for son while Father with British Passport is out of country

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Your questions have already been answered in your other topic that you have. Why are you asking the same questions again.

Please continue in your original topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-a-ch ... l#p1523779
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.