ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunni0

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sunni0 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:12 am

Chris69 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:00 am
Hi, I applied in March of 2017. Its been 128 working days today. Between my fiance and myself we have called the call center multiple times to ask for a status or even an approximate time. They don't really seem to have any idea. They are "just a call center" and can tell us only whats showing on the system.
Is there a way to get my passport back and to apply for a visit visa while the settlement visa is going on?
Its been 6 months and still no answer. :(
Hi Chris69

I believe you can not get your passport back as your application is active/ongoing.

I have instructed my lawyers to take them to court to get answers, will keep you updated when I hear something.

Chris69
Newly Registered

Post by Chris69 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 am

Sunni0 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:12 am
Chris69 wrote:
Hi, I applied in March of 2017. Its been 128 working days today. Between my fiance and myself we have called the call center multiple times to ask for a status or even an approximate time. They don't really seem to have any idea. They are "just a call center" and can tell us only whats showing on the system.
Is there a way to get my passport back and to apply for a visit visa while the settlement visa is going on?
Hi Chris69

I believe you can not get your passport back as your application is active/ongoing.

I have instructed my lawyers to take them to court to get answers, will keep you updated when I hear something.
Thank you Sunni. Appreciate it.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 am

Chris69 wrote:
Hi chris69
Did u get not straight forward email?
And what are the extra documents they asked from u?

Chris69
Newly Registered

Post by Chris69 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 am

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 am
Chris69 wrote:
Hi chris69
Did u get not straight forward email?
And what are the extra documents they asked from u?
Hi Sydvir, We have had response mails to our mails which seems like a template response that goes to most applicants. we were asked initially to provide more documents on my Fiance's business and tax papers from previous years, which we had sent. Its been 4 months since and we have heard nothing.
This is the templated response we get when we write to them...
"As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to."

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:53 am

Chris69 wrote:
Hi,
I applied in 30th march, same here, fiance visa, and been 100 working days.
i had same thinking with u, cause i was plan get marry in august, my plan is cancel fiance visa apply marriage visitor visa go get marry first. but my solicitor stopped me, she said it not gonna work cause u already submit fiance, if you apply marriage visa now, think HO will delay or refuse you. and another point is u already waiting 6 months, maybe ur visa just soon. thats all.
by the way her advice just chasing MP. i would like to call my MP again today, cause she waiting HO reply since the week before. think this is the only way to chasing your application.
dont waste money in calling center. such a shit!!!

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 am

Chris 69:
Hi mate I got exact same email reply back from them but they did not ask my for any extra documents or anything not even a contact been made . I am 110 working days still no reply

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:48 am

Sydvir wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:14 pm
M2sam wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm
We emailed them second time and got a reply saying to provide details GWF, Date of biometrics, Name of applicant etc. Very strange.
Also they asking for Reason for escalation? Does anyone have a similar response from HO? What would you put as a reason for escalation?
Yes we had the same email too. We put the reason as ' it has been more than 12 weeks no response yet'
Thanks, we done the same, did you get a reply or .....

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am

ixy7799 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:25 pm
They need to reply within 2 working days to tell you that hey have escalated your case. . I panicked so ended up calling . Took the persons name and a call reference number. .

To be honest I've had more movement getting the mp involved. Hopefully as you have paid priority you should hear soon.

quote=Maham44 post_id=1525725 time=1503668758 user_id=174107]
My biometric date is 5th may with priority service.
I emailed them 5 time and today they reply me asking about my details...
Now what will happened next??? Will my application be escalated now? i m so worried now 79 working days has been passed but still waiting...
[/quote]
They also done the same to me. Priority is a money making game, people with priroity wait the same time as standard. Dw and be strong. Don't email them too much, be patient. We sent the escalated email, no response. Did you get any response?

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:07 am

Hi,

Thank you .

Yes I did get a reply that the case has been escalated.

The department is such a shamble right now by the sounds of it .
M2sam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am
ixy7799 wrote:
They need to reply within 2 working days to tell you that hey have escalated your case. . I panicked so ended up calling . Took the persons name and a call reference number. .

To be honest I've had more movement getting the mp involved. Hopefully as you have paid priority you should hear soon.

Now what will happened next??? Will my application be escalated now? i m so worried now 79 working days has been passed but still waiting...
They also done the same to me. Priority is a money making game, people with priroity wait the same time as standard. Dw and be strong. Don't email them too much, be patient. We sent the escalated email, no response. Did you get any response?
[/quote]

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 am

ixy7799 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:07 am
Hi,

Thank you .

Yes I did get a reply that the case has been escalated.

The department is such a shamble right now by the sounds of it .
M2sam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am
ixy7799 wrote:

[/quote]

I know, summer for the past few days was so boring, the best we ever had, having my partner with me is the only thing i want and them not replying to you makes it ......

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Hi,

Yeah, the tracker says decision made on 15th August, it says it online and yes, the costumer service people said it's made and they emailed me as well stating this.

I applied from VFS office in Bangkok.

So you think the visa is approved hence why they taking time to get it stamped etc etc? Still doesn't give them right to take more than indicated time scale though right?

Thanks for the respond. Can anyone tell me or if they have experience this delay of not receiving your passport within 10 days? What it could mean?
It's possible that your visa has been granted. That part is still left to speculation. You can do a few things to find out what's going on with your passport.

1. Try checking the online tracker again. If it still shows as 15 August then move to the next step. If you're unable to track it or if it shows a different decision date then that means your decision has been deferred.

2. If the tracker is still showing decision made then check if you got your IHS refund. This isn't a fool-proof way because the refund could take up to 90 days to be refunded but a lot of times, people that have gotten a refusal received their IHS fees within 2 weeks.

3. Contact your MP immediately and ask them to contact Sheffield. Also contact the call center and ask them to escalate it as well

I hope this helps.

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
Hi,

Yeah, the tracker says decision made on 15th August, it says it online and yes, the costumer service people said it's made and they emailed me as well stating this.

So you think the visa is approved hence why they taking time to get it stamped etc etc? Still doesn't give them right to take more than indicated time scale though right?

Thanks for the respond. Can anyone tell me or if they have experience this delay of not receiving your passport within 10 days? What it could mean?
It's possible that your visa has been granted. That part is still left to speculation. You can do a few things to find out what's going on with your passport.

1. Try checking the online tracker again. If it still shows as 15 August then move to the next step. If you're unable to track it or if it shows a different decision date then that means your decision has been deferred.

2. If the tracker is still showing decision made then check if you got your IHS refund. This isn't a fool-proof way because the refund could take up to 90 days to be refunded but a lot of times, people that have gotten a refusal received their IHS fees within 2 weeks.

3. Contact your MP immediately and ask them to contact Sheffield. Also contact the call center and ask them to escalate it as well

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the detailed response.

- Tracker is still the same, Decided on 15th August.
- Got no refund at all.
- Contacted MP and he will get in touch with HO.
- Called the customer service and escalated the case.
- I'm gonna go VFS tomorrow and speak to them and see if they can track it too.

Now, as always, waiting game... I will post the update here.

Thanks once again.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 pm
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:
Hi,

I hope this helps.

- Got no refund at all.

Thanks once again.
Mozah,

Just a quick question. Do you think there might be some complication in your case? If it's a straightforward matter then you'll get your visa for sure so all the best with that. And please keep us updated on your application. Hopefully not too long now and you'll be with your spouse soon. :)

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi everyone

I checked the status of my application on tracking and its changed from completed application to in active, there is a space between in and active. This is 5 months after we put in our application! What does this mean?

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:56 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 pm
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:
Hi,

I hope this helps.

- Got no refund at all.

Thanks once again.
Mozah,

Just a quick question. Do you think there might be some complication in your case? If it's a straightforward matter then you'll get your visa for sure so all the best with that. And please keep us updated on your application. Hopefully not too long now and you'll be with your spouse soon. :)

They told me it was complex and took 6 months, even though I applied with priority.

Only think complex I think would be coz I'm self employed, director of my own company. I have provided all the documentation and accounts etc. It should all be fine tbh, salary is around 40k a year too. I have mortgage and house which was approved etc. If they refuse for this reason, than I'm gonna be frustrated. Like what else do they want? lol I'm sure it's all fine though, fingers crossed.

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am

Hi this happened to me too,

I only noticed this month.. did it change 5 months after your application was started.

From what I have read it doesn't have anything to do with the visa processing .
M2sam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm
Hi everyone

I checked the status of my application on tracking and its changed from completed application to in active, there is a space between in and active. This is 5 months after we put in our application! What does this mean?

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 am

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:17 am
givezemra wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 pm
GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:Hi All,

I have an update.

Please see previous threads to get the full history to my application. Quick recap is as follows:
VAC: Tirana, Albania
Biometric date: 13/04/17
Priority: Yes
Supreme court ruling letter: Yes - dated 27/04/17
Recieved call from HO: No

At the start I was communicating with UKVI by email and phone. As we know they do not know specifics case by case as they are only a third party operator. Eventually I managed to deal with the Visa Section where my application was being dealt with in Warsaw, Poland. Today they sent me the following email:

"Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the hold on your application has been now raised. Please expect our decision shortly.

Kind regards,
Visa Section
British Embassy Warsaw"

As soon as I have any immediate further update I will let you know.

FINALLY THERE MAY BE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Hello

This sounds like yours is definitely moving along!

I had a bit of news today from my MP. It seems my application was on hold because my application involved children (although my children are British and my spouse is not their biological father). Because my husband was removed from the country, the HO have said that they were looking to outright refuse the visa however because of the new ruling, they will be reconsidering it. The exact quote from part of the email is below:

Our checks into Mr & Mrs ***** circumstances, and especially Mr *****’s immigration history, suggest that he may not meet the requirements to be granted Entry Clearance as a spouse. As such, instead of the outright refusal of his application, we have placed it on hold to consider it in line with the finding of the Supreme Court.

Like I've said before, I'm expecting a refusal at first decision but to know that they have at least done a little work on it, hopefully I'll at least have a decision soon.

Sounds like there's been a lot of progress this week for lots of us so maybe they have a specific team working on the held applications.

Keeping you all in my prayers :)

Hi givezemra,

Please see update to my application I just posted now. There has been so many replies since we last spoke to wanted to keep you in the loop.

Good luck xx
Hi GeronimoBajramCurri

You've been on my mind, wondering if you'd had your decision! I pray you get an answer soon!

I'll update too when I hear anything xx

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 am

i have a query,
is there any relation between marriage date and case decision?
as i got married in december 2016 and applied my spouse visa in januray 2017.
now its 7 and half months, still no decision, my case was non priority, biometrics done on 19 january in lahore. spouse and employer interviewed on 11th may. to date my case is still awaiting decision for unknown reason. my case is strong, no reason to delay that much time.
my gutt feeling is they r just wasting time as much as they can. so many phone called and emails made but same reply .case is with ECO waiting for deceision.
my MP sent three reminders, but no progress on my case.
regards

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:12 am

ixy7799 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am
Hi this happened to me too,

I only noticed this month.. did it change 5 months after your application was started.

From what I have read it doesn't have anything to do with the visa processing .
M2sam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm
Hi everyone

Yes after 5 months, its very strange. On the contrary i spoke to my freinds immigration adivsor yesterday, he said my application is speeding up. wopdeedooo

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 am

hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 am
i have a query,
now its 7 and half months, still no decision, my case was non priority, biometrics done on 19 january in lahore. spouse and employer interviewed on 11th may. to date my case is still awaiting decision for unknown reason. my case is strong, no reason to delay that much time.
my gutt feeling is they r just wasting time as much as they can. so many phone called and emails made but same reply .case is with ECO waiting for deceision.
regards
HI
Did they require any further documents from you? If so that might be the reason. I don't think there is any relation between marriage date and case decision. Lots of people get married in their home country and come to the UK to put their visa in. How long did you spend with your spouse?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am

hadeea wrote:
i have a query,
regards
I don't think so. There is no relation between marriage date and visa. You just need to prove your relationship is genuine.
Most of applications are delayed due to Supreme Court ruling in February.
Any how have you got not straightforward email?
Hold email?
Did you check your visa4uk site ? Is it showing complete or in active?

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 am

M2sam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 am
hadeea wrote:
i have a query,
regards
HI
Did they require any further documents from you? If so that might be the reason. I don't think there is any relation between marriage date and case decision. Lots of people get married in their home country and come to the UK to put their visa in. How long did you spend with your spouse?

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 am

hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 am
M2sam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 am
hadeea wrote:
i have a query,
regards
HI
hi
not a single document they asked or any objection on my case i spent full month with spouse. yes a lot of ppl get married back in pakistan but i observe most of them apply visa after few months or yr after their marriage, but i applied just after a month.

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:35 am

Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am
hadeea wrote:
i have a query,
regards
I don't think so. There is no relation between marriage date and visa. You just need to prove your relationship is genuine.
Hold email?
yes i got this mail when 1st time i emailed them on 20th april right after 12 weeks. no hold email.
yes it is showing in active. i think when they pickup the case for processing, online application's status changed to in active.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am

hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:35 am
Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am
hadeea wrote:
i have a query,
regards
Hold email?
yes i got this mail when 1st time i emailed them on 20th april right after 12 weeks. no hold email.
yes it is showing in active. i think when they pickup the case for processing, online application's status changed to in active.
Yes I think like that too. So do you know when it was changed to 'in active'?
Does your sponsor doing two jobs?