ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Germany - Long stay Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manivannans
Newly Registered
India

Moving to Germany - Long stay Visa

Post by manivannans » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:01 am

Hi
I am from INDIA, got a job in germany & my contract is signed off. I need to apply Germany long stay visa but it take 90days for processing. Unfortunately my current employer asking to travel to UK for Business trip(3 Months).
Can i able to apply my long stay Visa in German Embassy in UK. All my document, proof are belong to INDIA, i don't have any proof or home in UK. I will travelling through out UK & i will not able to stay in single place.

Any suggestion is helpful.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Moving to Germany - Long stay Visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am

You normally get a short term Schengen visa for Germany which you exchange on arrival for the actual work permit.

Pretty sure you can only apply from where you have residence, ie not as a visitor.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:10 pm

You have to apply it from India. You cannot apply as a visitor in UK.

manivannans
Newly Registered
India

Post by manivannans » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am
You normally get a short term Schengen visa for Germany which you exchange on arrival for the actual work permit.

Pretty sure you can only apply from where you have residence, ie not as a visitor.
Hi Wanderer,
Thanks for your replay.

Correct me if i am wrong, Schengen Visa is not for work and less than 90 day stay. What is procedure to get Visa which is valid to work in Germany.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:29 pm

manivannans wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:06 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am

Hi Wanderer,
Thanks for your replay.

Correct me if i am wrong, Schengen Visa is not for work and less than 90 day stay. What is procedure to get Visa which is valid to work in Germany.
That's right but it is (or was) normal for the work permit holder to enter on a specially-granted schengen visa and immediately exchange that for the actual work permit in Germany.

If you have a work permit arranged all this should have been explained to you.

You should speak to the employer or the office dealing with the WP application, ours was stuck in pile in Bonn. Hope you speak good German, you will need it in dealing with bureaucracy in Germany.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mgb

Post by mgb » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:20 pm

A applicant who want to work in germany has to apply for a so called visa typ-d due to german immigration law and not for a schengen visa.
The applicant can apply in his home country or in the country of his residence.