ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poor service from BIA - Please help on past earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shads
Newly Registered

Poor service from BIA - Please help on past earnings

Post by shads » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi all
I've tried called the BIA twice for help on this, but the service I've received has been horrible, and I've given up in frustration without getting an answer to my questions. So I'm hoping the knowledgeable people on this forum will be able to help!

For my past earnings I have a tax letter and a letter from my employer. The figures don't match up perfectly - the amount I've been paid according to the the letters from my employers is lower than the figure from the tax department! Will the case workers use their discretion on this and just accept the lower amount? Obviously I've been at least paid what my employers have stated, even if the amounts don't match exactly.

Also, I was told I should have the payments broken down month-by-month, rather than just a letter stating my entire income over the relevant period - is that really necessary?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Wayne

amit0277

Re: Poor service from BIA - Please help on past earnings

Post by amit0277 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:41 am

Letter from the company should contain the date and the amount earned for each month. It would be in best if you can give the bank statement along with your wage/pay slips. If the period you are claiming does not fall entirely under Tax statement period, it will not show the correct figure.

shads wrote:Hi all
I've tried called the BIA twice for help on this, but the service I've received has been horrible, and I've given up in frustration without getting an answer to my questions. So I'm hoping the knowledgeable people on this forum will be able to help!

For my past earnings I have a tax letter and a letter from my employer. The figures don't match up perfectly - the amount I've been paid according to the the letters from my employers is lower than the figure from the tax department! Will the case workers use their discretion on this and just accept the lower amount? Obviously I've been at least paid what my employers have stated, even if the amounts don't match exactly.

Also, I was told I should have the payments broken down month-by-month, rather than just a letter stating my entire income over the relevant period - is that really necessary?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Wayne

shads
Newly Registered

Post by shads » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:26 pm

I should have clarified - the tax doc and the letter from my employers both cover exactly the same period - which makes it odd that the amounts are different, but it's a small difference and could be simply due to their reporting methods.
Last edited by shads on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodieG
BANNED

Re: Poor service from BIA - Please help on past earnings

Post by WoodieG » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 pm

shads wrote:
In my experience they'll just refuse the application on the basis that the evidence you submit does not corroborate, they have no idea which figure (if any) is correct.
________
Ship sale