ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Manchester Curtailment Team address

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scholar7980
Newly Registered

Manchester Curtailment Team address

Post by scholar7980 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 pm

I sent a letter to the Manchester curtailment team last week asking for my curtailment letter which I haven't received since my redundancy end of Feb 2017. I am currently on a Tier 2 general 5 year expiring Oct 2019. However Royal Mail returned the letter yesterday with a red sticker -"addressee gone away" reason. This is the address:

Manchester Curtailment Team
PO Box 99
Manchester M90 3WW

Does anyone have the latest address? Also, besides asking for the curtailment letter what other ID documents need to be provided ? How long do they take to respond?

Thank you!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Manchester Curtailment Team address

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 am

why would u ask for a curtailment letter. If you want to leave, u should leave the country.

scholar7980
Newly Registered

Post by scholar7980 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Why shouldn't I ask if they have sent a curtailment letter or not? It is well within my rights to do so and I have my reasons to ask for it. UK V&I often sends letter to old addresses, its been a while and I haven't received one. Sticking to the question,does anyone have a response to my question ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:36 pm

There is no need to be rude to anyone who responds to you. Members are of course offering their time for free.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1528457
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm

See response in link below with an alternative address advised by UKVI.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... received_4
Manchester Curtailment Team
4M Building
Concorde Offices
Manchester Airport
Manchester
M90 3RR
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scholar7980
Newly Registered

Post by scholar7980 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you CR001!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:24 pm

So u have a right to ask them?
Good luck finding the right

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:34 pm

scholar7980 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:29 pm
Why shouldn't I ask if they have sent a curtailment letter or not? It is well within my rights to do so and I have my reasons to ask for it. UK V&I often sends letter to old addresses, its been a while and I haven't received one. Sticking to the question,does anyone have a response to my question ?
iworker was only trying to tell you that you don't necessarily need the curtailment letter before you leave the country. Many people are having issues with curtailment letters these days as some claim UKVI now send them by email and not by post. Many people are not getting the email because they used their old work email address which they no longer have access to. Some also claim not to have received the letter after more than 1 year. UKVI have tagged some people as overstayer while they thought they were waiting for curtailment letter. This might generate complexity in future application. People wait for curtailment letter just to buy some time to search for another sponsor.
It is also possible that your former sponsor has not notified UKVI.
You can try to contact them using the new information CR001 provided.

I wish you all the best.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

scholar7980
Newly Registered

Post by scholar7980 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:47 pm

I wasn't asking for the curtailment letter in relation to leaving the country. I just need to find out if a letter has been sent or not in relation to a new Tier 2 application that is in process currently with RLMT. Thank you djsuccess for the elaborate response. I will resend the letter to this new address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 pm

Hope your aim is not to apply for ILR based on Tier 2 General at some point as you won't qualify with more than 60 days gap in employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 pm

scholar7980 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:47 pm
I wasn't asking for the curtailment letter in relation to leaving the country. I just need to find out if a letter has been sent or not in relation to a new Tier 2 application that is in process currently with RLMT. Thank you djsuccess for the elaborate response. I will resend the letter to this new address.
Be that as it may, still no need to be rude towards members posting a response on the forum and where you are seeking advice for free.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:37 am

Maybe i had a blunt response to your question. If so, i am sorry for that. you are already in stressful time anyway.
If you are in process of applying for new visa, my suggestion will be again to not touch the curtailment team at all. If anything, by asking you are flagging yourself up.

Blessed13
Newly Registered

Post by Blessed13 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 pm

I had almost the same situation, I forgot that I placed two address in my form where they can contact me. Its been 6months now and I have not received my courtailment letter. I would like to know if they already send it or not. That is why I would like to write to the curtailment team. Any advice?