ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am

Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:35 am
Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 am
i have a query,
is there any relation between marriage date and case decision?
as i got married in december 2016 and applied my spouse visa in januray 2017.
now its 7 and half months, still no decision, my case was non priority, biometrics done on 19 january in lahore. spouse and employer interviewed on 11th may. to date my case is still awaiting decision for unknown reason. my case is strong, no reason to delay that much time.
my gutt feeling is they r just wasting time as much as they can. so many phone called and emails made but same reply .case is with ECO waiting for deceision.
my MP sent three reminders, but no progress on my case.
regards
I don't think so. There is no relation between marriage date and visa. You just need to prove your relationship is genuine.
Most of applications are delayed due to Supreme Court ruling in February.
Any how have you got not straightforward email?
Hold email?
Did you check your visa4uk site ? Is it showing complete or in active?
yes i got this mail when 1st time i emailed them on 20th april right after 12 weeks. no hold email.
yes it is showing in active. i think when they pickup the case for processing, online application's status changed to in active.
Yes I think like that too. So do you know when it was changed to 'in active'?
Does your sponsor doing two jobs?
i dont remeber exact date but checked in june,
no just a single full time job

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 am

hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 am
M2sam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 am
i have a query,
is there any relation between marriage date and case decision?
as i got married in december 2016 and applied my spouse visa in januray 2017.
now its 7 and half months, still no decision, my case was non priority, biometrics done on 19 january in lahore. spouse and employer interviewed on 11th may. to date my case is still awaiting decision for unknown reason. my case is strong, no reason to delay that much time.
my gutt feeling is they r just wasting time as much as they can. so many phone called and emails made but same reply .case is with ECO waiting for deceision.
my MP sent three reminders, but no progress on my case.
regards
HI
Did they require any further documents from you? If so that might be the reason. I don't think there is any relation between marriage date and case decision. Lots of people get married in their home country and come to the UK to put their visa in. How long did you spend with your spouse?
hi
not a single document they asked or any objection on my case i spent full month with spouse. yes a lot of ppl get married back in pakistan but i observe most of them apply visa after few months or yr after their marriage, but i applied just after a month.
Very strange. Clearly the MP strategy is not working. Go to your local solicitors and get them to phone HO, as they are oath commisioners and experienced with these matters they can dig into whats happening and maybe even give you an approximation of when you are likely to hear from HO. MP sending reminders are not good enough, your MP should be phoning and writing to them.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am

hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am
Sydvir wrote:
hadeea wrote:
Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am

I don't think so. There is no relation between marriage date and visa. You just need to prove your relationship is genuine.
Most of applications are delayed due to Supreme Court ruling in February.
Any how have you got not straightforward email?
Hold email?
Did you check your visa4uk site ? Is it showing complete or in active?
yes i got this mail when 1st time i emailed them on 20th april right after 12 weeks. no hold email.
yes it is showing in active. i think when they pickup the case for processing, online application's status changed to in active.
Mine was changed a week ago, and we are on the 6th month of waiting.

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am

M2sam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 am
M2sam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 am

HI
Did they require any further documents from you? If so that might be the reason. I don't think there is any relation between marriage date and case decision. Lots of people get married in their home country and come to the UK to put their visa in. How long did you spend with your spouse?
hi
not a single document they asked or any objection on my case i spent full month with spouse. yes a lot of ppl get married back in pakistan but i observe most of them apply visa after few months or yr after their marriage, but i applied just after a month.
Very strange. Clearly the MP strategy is not working. Go to your local solicitors and get them to phone HO, as they are oath commisioners and experienced with these matters they can dig into whats happening and maybe even give you an approximation of when you are likely to hear from HO. MP sending reminders are not good enough, your MP should be phoning and writing to them.
i have hired a solicitor in august, he sent two letter regarding my case, no reply from HO to solicitor, now solicitor applied for PAP

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:57 am

M2sam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am
hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am
Sydvir wrote:
hadeea wrote:

Mine was changed a week ago, and we are on the 6th month of waiting.
I read in some other forum. After it changed to 'in active' status, most of them got their decisions soon.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am

Sydvir wrote:
I read in some other forum. After it changed to 'in active' status, most of them got their decisions soon.
That is not true. Mine changed to inactive back in May and I'm still waiting...

And the active/inactive status on your visa4UK has nothing to do with your application.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:27 am

Mozah110 wrote:
They told me it was complex and took 6 months, even though I applied with priority.

Only think complex I think would be coz I'm self employed, director of my own company. I have provided all the documentation and accounts etc. It should all be fine tbh, salary is around 40k a year too. I have mortgage and house which was approved etc. If they refuse for this reason, than I'm gonna be frustrated. Like what else do they want? lol I'm sure it's all fine though, fingers crossed.
If you applied priority and you didn't get a response within their SLA, you are entitled to a refund of your priority fee. I know a few members on this forum that have successfully got their refunds. All you got to do is send an email to the HO complaints inbox explaining how you paid priority and the service level standards were not met and ask for a refund.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am
Sydvir wrote:

And the active/inactive status on your visa4UK has nothing to do with your application.
I also not sure about it. Some people status showing as in active (two words), and some others inactive (one word)
What about yours?
Mine still shows as complete

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 am

Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 am
pixelrage09 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am
Sydvir wrote:

I also not sure about it. Some people status showing as in active (two words), and some others inactive (one word)
What about yours?
Mine still shows as complete
Mine is showing as in active as in its is still being considered. What about you Pixelrage?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 am

Mozah110 wrote:
They told me it was complex and took 6 months, even though I applied with priority.

Only think complex I think would be coz I'm self employed, director of my own company. I have provided all the documentation and accounts etc. It should all be fine tbh, salary is around 40k a year too. I have mortgage and house which was approved etc. If they refuse for this reason, than I'm gonna be frustrated. Like what else do they want? lol I'm sure it's all fine though, fingers crossed.
Mozah,

Could you try checking your GWF on the tracker again please? Mine stopped working since today. It's now showing "not recognized". So I'm not sure if it's just me or if the online tracker doesn't work anymore.

I think this is a serious problem if the online tracker stopped working. That was like the one ray of hope we had to know where our application was at this time.

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 am
Mozah110 wrote:

Mozah,

Could you try checking your GWF on the tracker again please? Mine stopped working since today. It's now showing "not recognized". So I'm not sure if it's just me or if the online tracker doesn't work anymore.

I think this is a serious problem if the online tracker stopped working. That was like the one ray of hope we had to know where our application was at this time.
but i always get same response " GWF not recognised " from early days

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am

Pixelrage09
Are you applied inside uk?
What status you got before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 am

A simple read through the first page of this topic will have given you the answer considering it is Pixelrage09 that ORIGINALLY started the topic :idea: :idea:
Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am
Pixelrage09
Are you applied inside uk?
What status you got before?
pixelrage09 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:17 pm
I really wouldn't trust the staff to escalate the case. I've asked them to do so 4 times already and no response whatsoever.

We applied at VFS New Delhi since they were supposed to have the fastest processing times.

How long since you applied and did you apply priority?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:54 pm

hadeea wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:

Mozah,

Finally!

12th working day since 'Decision made' email. Got the email from VFS bangkok,

" Dear xxxxxx ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/31/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email."

Apparently they kept the passport in British Embassy all this time after decision made. Not sure why, hope it's a good news.

Picking up passport tomorrow. Inshallah all is well. Double EID if it happens.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:54 pm
hadeea wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:

Mozah,

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/31/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email."

Apparently they kept the passport in British Embassy all this time after decision made. Not sure why, hope it's a good news.

Mozah,

Could you check your online tracker again and tell me if your GWF number works?

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
hadeea wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Mozah,

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

Mozah,

Hi,

No it doesn't work anymore. It said 'Decided' in the morning. But says not recognised now. Maybe something wrong?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Hi,

No it doesn't work anymore. It said 'Decided' in the morning. But says not recognised now. Maybe something wrong?
Yea, I fear that UKVI must have patched it up to not show the status to anyone outside of the UK.

Btw, congrats on your decision email! InshaAllah it's a positive decision! Do keep us updated on the outcome. :!:

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
hadeea wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:

Mozah,

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

Hey did you get hold email ???
And what's ur time line

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Raj86 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:36 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
hadeea wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Mozah,

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

And what's ur time line

I didn't get any hold email, I got email saying it's a complex case (on month 2)... that's after I called them.

Applied from bangkok,
Submission: Friday 24th Feb 2017
Collection: Friday 01st Sept 2017.

Total duration: 27weeks exactly. Almost 7months.

This is with priority service lol, safe to say we got ripped off. But hoping for the best when we pick up the passport tomorrow.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:45 pm
Raj86 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:
hadeea wrote:

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

And what's ur time line

I didn't get any hold email, I got email saying it's a complex case (on month 2)... that's after I called them.

Applied from bangkok,

This is with priority service lol, safe to say we got ripped off. But hoping for the best when we pick up the passport tomorrow.

Hi,
complex case? or not straight forward?

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:58 pm

denghao3 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:45 pm
Raj86 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

And what's ur time line

Applied from bangkok,

Hi,
complex case? or not straight forward?
They said complex... which is a same thing as not straight forward I guess...?

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi, Mozah110
I just confusing now. I submitted in 30th march, get not straight forward email 23rd june. then nothing till now.
Had chasing MP, but HO reply very ridiculous, say the delay cause background check, and because chinese goverment delay.
and 15th Sep is the 24th weeks ending. I hope my cause similar with u, can hear something during 24th weeks.
By the way, you must get ur grant visa tomorrow.

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 pm

denghao3 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:33 pm
Hi, Mozah110
I just confusing now. I submitted in 30th march, get not straight forward email 23rd june. then nothing till now.
Had chasing MP, but HO reply very ridiculous, say the delay cause background check, and because chinese goverment delay.
and 15th Sep is the 24th weeks ending. I hope my cause similar with u, can hear something during 24th weeks.
By the way, you must get ur grant visa tomorrow.
Hi,

Don't be confused dude. I understand where you're coming from. I had to wait 27weeks for the decision, and not even sure if it's granted yet.

But, all the PAID calls I made, MP, escalation... all these were useless and waste of money. The HO won't make it faster coz you asked for it to be. They'll take there time regardless. We were clueless and didn't know what was going on. They're not as organised as we thought. But all is well. Don't worry.

Good thing is, the hold is over, a lot of people are getting emails about the decision. It's just matter of time. Hopefully you'll hear soon from them.

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Congratulations Mozah!!!
Mozah110 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 pm
pixelrage09 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
hadeea wrote:

Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

Mozah,

Hi,

sol2uk
Newly Registered

Post by sol2uk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 am

Hi

I have been following this thread for a while and would like to thank everyone for their wishes of support and useful information. I am a British citizen surgeon earning well above the £18600, with a 3 bedroom house and no children. my wife is from Afghanistan, we got married in July 2016 and applied from India VFS New Delhi December 2016 as there is no option of applying from within Afghanistan. She has been in India in rented flats and a hotel since Dec 2016. I have visited her 3 times from London and shipped my father in law, mother in law, my mother at great expense so that she is not alone. I estimate that the total cost with my loss of earnings due to time off, flying people in to stay with my wife as well as her expenses and usual application costs solicitor IHS etc = £20,000. This in addition to the anguish of being separated 10 months in our first year of marriage and being apart from my beloved wife and spending our 1 year anniversary 4000 miles apart staring at our phone screens. Here is our timeline so far:

Type of Visa: Spouse settlement Visa (standard)

Country applied from: VFS New Delhi India

Date of biometrics: 19th December 2016

Received by Sheffield: 2ndJanuary 2017

8th March 2017: Case not straightforward email

23rd March 2017: Case on hold due to Supreme Court ruling

14th April 2017: Contacted UKVI Enquiry Service via email: Application currently in progress

18th April 2017: Contacted local MP

Phoned UKVI Premium rate number: 20th June 2017 case escalated

28th June: Email from UKVI - case on hold

Further multiple calls and emails to UKVI: response from UKVI 31st July 2017 - Home Office has paused decision making on some cases

Email to UKVI: Case escalation 2 : 4th Aug 2017

Further 6 months wages and details of accommodation sent to UKVI Offices in Sheffield

25th Aug 2017: due no response to second escalation - further calls to UKVI were made and they promised to make an escalation about failing to respond within 15days to my escalation!

30th Aug 2017: email received from MP office saying MP has herself written to Immigration Minister Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP

30th Aug 2017: received possibly encouraging email from UKVI below:

" Dear **********

REF: **********

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service.

In regards to your escalation, we have contacted the authority that process you visa and they will be in touch with you within a couple of days on the process of your application.

Please keep checking your e-mail inbox including your junk and spam box.

Your patience will be highly appreciated.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

Question: am I right to think that they may have finally come to a decision following sustained pressure/enquiries from me and my MP for several months?