ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved beofre 5th Dec 06, FLR Stamp after, and IELTS?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wpleo

HSMP Approved beofre 5th Dec 06, FLR Stamp after, and IELTS?

Post by wpleo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Hey guys

I just have one query.

What happens to those in my situation who had initial HSMP approval letter prior to 5th Dec 06, and FLR stamp after that date.

At that time and i remember clearly, I have submitted my IELTS certificate which was already more than 2 years old, and it was accepted as proof of english proficiency, with other documents alongside the FLR application...

However my question now is, i will be due an extension end of this year, and wonder where do i stand with regard to IELTS... do i need to sumbit the evidence again, and that possibly means re-sitting the exam again, which is nothing but additional inconvenience.

Thanks for any helpful reply

captor
Newly Registered

Post by captor » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 am

I have the same situation

I'm 1+3 + ? and need to ask about my IELTS (older than 2 years).

Will it be accepted ? nothing in the new rules says a date for IELTS, But I think we might need to email the ..... HO.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:21 pm

wondering if anyone out there who knows about this issue, kindly shed some lights....

unless, the answer is difficult to be found, as the guidlelines are not clear regarding this issue.... as it says under the english langauge requirement," the rules which came into force on the 5th of Dec 06".

so does that mean some HSMP applicants lets say in Nov06 did actually follow these rules, which as it says, came into force later in Dec06... or is that only my way of interpreting this!

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:43 pm

any takers?

mohdh

Post by mohdh » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:08 pm

I am stuck with the english language thing, why does the home office apply such things to old applicants.

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi All,

if you read the Guidance notes on the new Tier 1 FLR its said clearly that people who have already supplied English proof need not prove again .

Which is same case as Degree

Please go through the guidance

Thanks
Ajay

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 pm

asys wrote:Hi All,

if you read the Guidance notes on the new Tier 1 FLR its said clearly that people who have already supplied English proof need not prove again .

Which is same case as Degree

Please go through the guidance

Thanks
Ajay
actually, the guidance somehow not very clear regarding this. The HSMP initial application proir to Dec2006 did not require IELTS, however in my case, I submitted the IELTS certificate with the FLR application and that was approved after the 5th Dec 06.

Nevertheless, to those concerned, I have contacted BIA today, and was told that for HSMP extension to tier 1, there is no date requirement for IELTS, and was told you can submit any IELTS no matter how old just to be on the safe side.... I hope i got the right information, coz as per guidance as well, i couldnt find anywhere which mentions date requirement when it comes to IELTS!!!

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi,

The guidance does not know anything on IELTS expiry , but you should also have a look at the case worker guidelines its clearly stated that it has to be considered if its with 2 Yrs as IELTS does not keep data after 2 yrs .

that should helpful to people switching onto Tier 1 as if you submit older ielts there are chance you can get rejected on the reasons " unable to verify IELTS Exam results "

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 pm

asys wrote:Hi,

The guidance does not know anything on IELTS expiry , but you should also have a look at the case worker guidelines its clearly stated that it has to be considered if its with 2 Yrs as IELTS does not keep data after 2 yrs .

that should helpful to people switching onto Tier 1 as if you submit older ielts there are chance you can get rejected on the reasons " unable to verify IELTS Exam results "
Hello asys

Sorry to say, but i reckon you are wrong there again, IELTS data never expires, I have checked with regional IELTS centre and i spoke with an examiner who used to work overseas as well. quoting his words, each centre , in the uk or overseas keeps records of each IELTS results, and this will be saved for years and only verifiable by authorised personnel/company/employer etc...

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 am

Hi,

Please refer the case worker reference

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... rguidance/

and it would be a proof what happens if you send old IELTS reports .

its upto the person applying if he wants to risk the hard earned money ££££

Its in his application success that he does not take such risks

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 pm

i have already checked this link, and the case worker guidance was last updated in jan 08, and its still mentions IELTS band of 6...

I am afraid this is an old guidance and it should be updated.

No one would like to take any risk here, but its better knowing exactly what is required. I know that probably everything now in terms of accurate guidelines is a bit of mess, and some needs further clarification.

Lastly, as i mentioned before i already spoke to BIA and was advised that no date requirement on IELTS for HSMP extension to tier1.. nevertheless, i will try to contact again, and maybe speak with different adviser to get rid of any doubts.

irfankais
Newly Registered

No validity limit for IELTS

Post by irfankais » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 pm

I spoke to HO last week and according to that man, the 2 years validity of IELTS for HSMP has been finished in Tier 1 applications. Good news for those who have already passed it.

But mind you, if some body got HSMP before dec 2006 and his score was less than 6.5, he will have to retake IELTS unless (he did his degree from POLAND OR CZECH REPUBLIC :lol: ) his degree is recognized as taught inEnglish on NARIC.

captor
Newly Registered

Post by captor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Thank you all for your reply

As usual BIA has been very unhelpful , I have sent two specific questions to them
1- IELTS Expire or not Expire after 2 years?
2- Can I apply early as my passport will expire before the visa

They sent me the FAQ list which is very vague and irrelevant to my Questions!!!
I'm so frustrated ...why we pay them 750 pound and we do get that sort of rubish service !!!! :evil: :evil:

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 pm

dont email them. Phone them on sheffield no.

captor
Newly Registered

Post by captor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

the reason I wanted an e-mail reply is to print it down and send it with my application as an evidence to a disscusion.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:10 pm

Guys,

According to my research it's 99% confirmed that prior dec,06 hsmp approvals will need ielts or equivalent English language qualification but still before registering for ielts i need to get your opinion that are you all 100% confirmed that we need ielts to apply for extension? If it's really required i wana get it done asap.

Regards
Faraz

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 am

Hi Faraz

I will repeat again what i was told when i called BIA, IELTS not required for HSMP people extending under tier1. However the guy said, u can always send ur IELTS anyway, as there is no more date requirement on IELTS. I have an IELTS of band 7 more than 4 years old now, and my initial HSMP approval was before 5th Dec, and i sent mt FLR HSMP again 2nd of dec , but it was approved end of dec06... explaining all these details to this adviser over the phone, he still said, its fine as long u have IELTS 6.5 or above u can submit it, regardless of its date... I know it is still very confusing and unlcear, and i reckon i will be calling them again, or emailing them, as someone above suggested, at least if they email u back, u have an evidence to refer to in case things went wrong... coz who knows u ring up and its someone who knows nothing, and just trying to be clever... i ll let u know once i phone again... and if anyone gets anything from BIA either by phone or email, please share it over here guys.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:47 am

I'm not saying that you are passing the wrong info but i seriously doubt what you've been informed by BIA advisor because if you read the Tier1 Guidance notes it states clearly that if your approval was before December,06 then you've to prove your english qualification. So they are specifically asking for applicants with pre december,06 approval so after december,06 approval applicants are fine.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Guys,

Good news i've just talked to BIA/Work Permit advisor and i double confirmed with him what he's saying you can get a letter from university to prove your english qualification no need to give ielts. Then i asked him this is not mentiond in Guidance Notes and he admits that it's not there but this is what it is.
I even asked him if i sent the letter from university at the time of HSMP application so do i need to send it again in order to show it as a proof against new English section he said 'No just mention in the cover letter'.

So i think it's all clear but i'll still advise if all of us can give call to BIA/Work permit and confirm this thing again that would be rock solid.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:44 pm

hi faraz and thanks for the update.

i hear what ur saying about wrong info could be given by that certain advisor, therefore, i will get in touch with BIA to confirm this and clear up my doubts... nevertheless, he still said the ielts would be accepted even if its more than 2 years old only for hsmp extension, but i will double check this as well. and as u were told, things are not all clear in the guidance, and surely need some clear update. cheers anyway

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:53 pm

wpleo wrote:Hi Faraz

I will repeat again what i was told when i called BIA, IELTS not required for HSMP people extending under tier1. However the guy said, u can always send ur IELTS anyway, as there is no more date requirement on IELTS. I have an IELTS of band 7 more than 4 years old now, and my initial HSMP approval was before 5th Dec, and i sent mt FLR HSMP again 2nd of dec , but it was approved end of dec06... explaining all these details to this adviser over the phone, he still said, its fine as long u have IELTS 6.5 or above u can submit it, regardless of its date... I know it is still very confusing and unlcear, and i reckon i will be calling them again, or emailing them, as someone above suggested, at least if they email u back, u have an evidence to refer to in case things went wrong... coz who knows u ring up and its someone who knows nothing, and just trying to be clever... i ll let u know once i phone again... and if anyone gets anything from BIA either by phone or email, please share it over here guys.
Hsmpguy wrote: Hi guys,

I also have to appy for my HSMP extension at the end of this year. I have done IELTS about 4 years back with the result of 6.5 But i only have attested copy with me at the moment which i have presented to High commission along with my EC application.

So now if I present same copy for my extension will that be OK.
Can someone please confirm that.

thanks a lot.

Can someone like to give his/her expert opinion on this please

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:01 pm

asys wrote:Hi,

Please refer the case worker reference

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... rguidance/

and it would be a proof what happens if you send old IELTS reports .

its upto the person applying if he wants to risk the hard earned money ££££

Its in his application success that he does not take such risks

This is HSMP case worker guidance which has finished inside UK. So dont worry about ££££s :lol:

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Guys, just for the peace of mind i rang BIA again and the result is same that no need for ielts if you've a letter from university. Once again i mentioned to him it's not specified in Guidance Documents, again he said it's really not required.

The only weired thing he mentioned that you've to submit all your documents again for extension which is oppose to what's advised in guidance document.

So the question still remains, should we rely on the letter from university?

p.s. this is only for the hsmp approval prior dec,06 so after dec,06 shouldn't worry.