ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history With gaps

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surabhi

Employment history With gaps

Post by surabhi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,

I was planning to fill up form AN.Then came across the question of 10 year work history.

My case
-----------
I was a Tier 2 ICT employee of an Indian company.So My employement in UK was not continous. Party I was working in UK and partly in India, before my ILR.So My question

a)Do I need to mention the start date of employment as, first day of landing in UK and last date of employment as , Last day when I left the company?(Just ignore the gaps, where I was working in india?)
Or each time I was travelling to India, must be mentioned as last working day with the employer in UK?

b) Do i Need to submit any supporting document for employment history? eg HMRC letter etc?

Pls can any one help with an an answer.

Thanks
Surabhi

surabhi

Re: Employment history With gaps

Post by surabhi » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi,

Can any one help me pls

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:51 am

Hi,

if any one gone thru same cycle, pls help me with an answer..

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon May 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Were you issued a P45 each time you left the UK branch of the company? Or were you issued a single one after you left the company? If the former, I would list each period of employment in the UK separately. If the latter, I would list them all together.

If you have no P45s, I think you will probably have to use Page 22 of the form to explain your situation. I would list each period of employment in the UK separately and use Page 22 of the application form to explain that you were employed by the same company during the gaps (and still had your Tier 2 visa), but that you were in India during those periods, and therefore were not paying National Insurance or any other UK taxes. I can also see an argument for listing your employment with that company as a single period and using page 22 to explain that you weren't in the UK the whole time and listing the dates that you were.

Basically, as long as you acknowledge on your form that you were in India for part of the time, and detail exactly when you were in the UK for this company, I think you're probably fine. Your situation is unusual, so it's unlikely there's a standard or "right" way to do it.

As for supporting evidence, according to the guidance, the purpose of this section is so that they can check your National Insurance contributions. For EEA nationals, the payslips, P60s, P45s, and HMRC letters provide evidence of their physical presence in the UK during their qualifying period. If you're not an EEA national, and have stamps in your passport for every time you entered and left the UK, it's probably not as important to include these, since the stamps are evidence of when you were in the UK. However if you have them, you may as well send them with your application. If you're using a Nationality Checking Service (who will be able to advise the best way of filling in this section of the form anyway), they may not ask for them or send them along with your application for you, but you should take them along to the appointment anyway. It's better to have them and not need them then vice versa, in my opinion.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Mon May 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.
But I am sure many people might have gone thru this same situation,since Tier 2 ICT employees usually spend time at offshore when the current projects completes and travels back when the new project kicks off.As per your suggestion, probably I will mentioned each gap and in page 22 I will clearly mention that was working with same company but at offshore.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:13 pm

I am in similar kind of situation.

Is your application successful ? I also moved to india for a month since my Project ends and i came back to UK within 60 days. I have got p45 form and my company issues p45 form every time when the employe moves back to india when project completes and employee can come back when he joins new project