ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Gap -Permanent Residence application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marikistin
Philippines

Employment Gap -Permanent Residence application

Post by Marikistin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 am

Hi All,
I've been procrastinating :( but managed to have most of the documents gathered up...i will be posting more about that in the coming days.
Today i just wanted to ask about an employment gap that my husband( sponsor ) has.It is a 2-month gap as he quit his job feb cos the company gave him a hard time and i only gave birth and there was so much stress. He applied for jobseekers right away but got refused as they say he hasnt got enough contributions... but anyway in march the sent him P45 and then on may he was able to find a new job wherein he is still currently employed with the same company.
My questions:
1.will this 2 month gap affect our application?
2.should i include the p45 from jobseekers
3.should we ask a letter from the GP instead to cover this 2-month period he wasn't able to work? (He has a history of depression and anxiety) to cover ourselves of this gap?

What are other implications will this bring forth in our application?
Please any thoughts comments suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I kept the application long enough cos i am dead scared that things go wrong if and when i submitted it.

Thank you so much in advance.

Marikistin
Philippines

Re: Employment Gap -Permanent Residence application

Post by Marikistin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi please if anyone has any input on my situation i will greatly appreciate it.thanks.

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:34 am

Marikistin wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 am
Hi All,
I've been procrastinating :( but managed to have most of the documents gathered up...i will be posting more about that in the coming days.
Today i just wanted to ask about an employment gap that my husband( sponsor ) has.It is a 2-month gap as he quit his job feb cos the company gave him a hard time and i only gave birth and there was so much stress. He applied for jobseekers right away but got refused as they say he hasnt got enough contributions... but anyway in march the sent him P45 and then on may he was able to find a new job wherein he is still currently employed with the same company.
My questions:
1.will this 2 month gap affect our application?
2.should i include the p45 from jobseekers
3.should we ask a letter from the GP instead to cover this 2-month period he wasn't able to work? (He has a history of depression and anxiety) to cover ourselves of this gap?

What are other implications will this bring forth in our application?
Please any thoughts comments suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I kept the application long enough cos i am dead scared that things go wrong if and when i submitted it.

Thank you so much in advance.

You will be fine with this two months gap.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Jbkhan32 do you mean I don't need to get any letter from our GP to explain this 2 months gap?thanks.