ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC for Bachelors of CS from The National College Lahore

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salman7777
Newly Registered

NARIC for Bachelors of CS from The National College Lahore

Post by salman7777 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi
I intend to submit English language certificate with my Bachelors Degree, which was awarded by The National College, Lahore, Pakistan. This was a 3 years programme , in affiliation with the Punjab University. The degree was awarded in early 1997. I want to submit the degree for my HSMP extension. I don't have any other problems with my application.

Does anybody have past experience whether NARIC recognizes the degree from The National College Lahore as equivalent to the UK bachelors degree.? Note that i am submitting the degree along with the letter of English language from the college. I may have to request a NARIC certifice as well.

I would be grateful for a quick response with the exact experience in the past
Best regards.

shakeelahmadch

Post by shakeelahmadch » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 pm

Salman,

3-years degrees are mostly not recognized - they hardly permit 4-years programs equal to Ordinary Bachelors Degree. Don't raise your hopes but do try to get NARIC letter.

thanks,
Shakeel

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi Salman,

you can put your details into http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator and see if you can find the information you are looking for, normally 3 years bachelors degree program must take some approved english language test. IELTS is easy one due to availability of resource on internet.

Regards,
Tipu

salman7777
Newly Registered

Post by salman7777 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to find out if somebody had an experience with similar degree in the past.

However, I can see the following on the workpermit.com wesbsite:
"If a degree earned in a country which is not on the list of English-speaking countries accepted for satisfying the English language requirement is assessed by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD earned in the UK, and if it was taught in English to an acceptable level (C1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Language Learning), then this will satisfy the English language requirement for entry as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Is it the correct understanding that HSMP extensions, under Tier 1 scheme, can use Master's degree as well for English proficiency requirement if the degree is recognized by the UK NARIC? It seems to be more flexible approach than previous rules who were using Bachelor degree only.