ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born child - Process ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yazztech
United Kingdom

UK Born child - Process ?

Post by yazztech » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Hello gurus,

thanks for help when ever i have asked i got always quick reply. thanks again. i got my ILR on 10 years basis. just need quick info my baby was born in 2015 in UK . so do i have to apply for MN1 and then british passport? or is there else thing do i have to do ?

second i was on tier 1 ent. i have been taking director salaries. i need to apply for spouse visa as well i know we can share the job like me n my partner can show both salaries. but do i have to wait for financial year of the company to apply or i can apply on the basis of 6 months payslip ?

thanks

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Born child - Process ?

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:17 am

Hi,
Step 1: Form MN1 (child born in the UK and now father is settled)
Step 2: British Passport (check & Send)

Regards

yazztech
United Kingdom

Post by yazztech » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:25 am

Kashif_Hussain wrote:Hi,
Step 1: Form MN1 (child born in the UK and now father is settled)
Step 2: British Passport (check & Send)

Regards

thanks kashif_hussain.. for help and reply. only we can send it through by post or is there any premium service for MN1 available ?

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:48 pm

No premium service available for MN1, however I'd advise you to apply through your local Nationality Checking Service (NCS). Ask for Joint Nationality Checking and Passport Service will save you time and hassles.

yazztech
United Kingdom

Post by yazztech » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Kashif_Hussain wrote:No premium service available for MN1, however I'd advise you to apply through your local Nationality Checking Service (NCS). Ask for Joint Nationality Checking and Passport Service will save you time and hassles.
Thank you kashif Brother.. seriously i am new to these things.. i am in birmingham. so where i should go to get this service and how much it will charge and whats time frame ? secondly .. is it the same like MN1 or NCS ? because i am not applying for nationality at the moment i just got my ILR last week.

thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:02 pm

NCS is at the council Registry offices. Fees vary so you would have to phone and find out.

It DOES NOT speed up the process in any way.

NCS is the council. Not HO employees.

MN1 is the form for British citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yazztech
United Kingdom

Post by yazztech » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm

CR001 wrote:NCS is at the council Registry offices. Fees vary so you would have to phone and find out.

It DOES NOT speed up the process in any way.

NCS is the council. Not HO employees.

MN1 is the form for British citizenship.

thanks CR001 .. for your help . and guidance. and any which documents i should send with MN1 form ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Suggest read the link below and the MN1 form and the MN1 guidance notes.

british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-co ... l#p1343774
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yazztech
United Kingdom

MN1 Application query

Post by yazztech » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 am

Hello gurus,

I have recieved my ILR now got appointment with NCS for my baby MN1. well just couple of things i am facing.

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981
under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter
2 of the guide for details.

under which section we fall in ?

my baby was born in 2015 and i got ILR in august 2017. and my wife is still in pbs . so please help me what i should write ?

second is referees .
i recently moved to derby and registered my baby with gp and health visitor. i tried to get sign with gp they straightly said NO they can't . and i am trying health visitor but i think they will not do it as well. then what i should do and which person i should go for second referee. i got one personal but professional one is really hard to get.

thanks

vinny

Re: MN1 Application query

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:52 am

Section 1(3), if baby was born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yazztech
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Application query

Post by yazztech » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:00 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:52 am
Section 1(3), if baby was born in the UK.
Thanks Vinny for your quick reply and time. thanks for merging my post. well what about referee ?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:31 am

The requirement for references is discussed at this section of the Nationality Instructions (pages 9-10).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

However, Section 1(3) registration is an entitlement for those children who meet the statutory requirements (which do not include providing references). The Home Office have no authority to refuse a s1(3) application for lack of references.

In other words, you may wish to consider making the application with the references you have available even if they do not meet the exact requirements set out in the guide. The Home Office are unlikely to refuse an entitlement based application for this reason and it would most likely be illegal for them to do so.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

yazztech
United Kingdom

Post by yazztech » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:39 pm

JAJ wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:31 am
The requirement for references is discussed at this section of the Nationality Instructions (pages 9-10).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

However, Section 1(3) registration is an entitlement for those children who meet the statutory requirements (which do not include providing references). The Home Office have no authority to refuse a s1(3) application for lack of references.

In other words, you may wish to consider making the application with the references you have available even if they do not meet the exact requirements set out in the guide. The Home Office are unlikely to refuse an entitlement based application for this reason and it would most likely be illegal for them to do so.
Thanks JAJ . for your time and providing me information in well detailed. thank you so much .