ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which passport control line to use

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charmender
Ireland

Which passport control line to use

Post by charmender » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:10 am

Hello,

I will be going on holiday soon to Belgium and Ireland with my non EU spouse. I am Irish and we both have Maltese resident cards for 5 years. My husbands card is issued under the directive as a family member of an EU citizen. Anyway my question is related to the airport procedure. I have read from two websites that we need to go through the non EEA line in the airport because he is not an EU citizen. But those queues are ridiculously long and slow and i want to avoid them. And since we both have EU resident cards it seems strange that we would have to use the non eu line. Anybody who has travelled have any advice about what they did?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Which passport control line to use

Post by gokulatti » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:25 pm

For direct beneficiary of 2004/38 when travelling TOGETHER with the EU national, in your case along with the legalized marriage certificate you can use the EU line. I have seen the EU lines read as EU/EEA & family members somewhere atleast in schiphol airport. In any case, you can always go to an airport employee and ask if it is okay to use the EU line, that's what we did.