ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by ixy7799 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 am

Hi aol2uk,

Dont be disheartened,

Although my fiancé submitted his biometrics on 1/5/2107, my MP got a similar email yesterday assuring that the documents are with an ECO and I should get a decision in September- my case is straightforward and they did not mention background checks ,

So this letter is positive , I would however keep in touch with the mp as HO are answerable to the MP.
sol2uk wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 am
Hi

I have been following this thread for a while and would like to thank everyone for their wishes of support and useful information. I am a British citizen surgeon earning well above the £18600, with a 3 bedroom house and no children. my wife is from Afghanistan, we got married in July 2016 and applied from India VFS New Delhi December 2016 as there is no option of applying from within Afghanistan. She has been in India in rented flats and a hotel since Dec 2016. I have visited her 3 times from London and shipped my father in law, mother in law, my mother at great expense so that she is not alone. I estimate that the total cost with my loss of earnings due to time off, flying people in to stay with my wife as well as her expenses and usual application costs solicitor IHS etc = £20,000. This in addition to the anguish of being separated 10 months in our first year of marriage and being apart from my beloved wife and spending our 1 year anniversary 4000 miles apart staring at our phone screens. Here is our timeline so far:

Type of Visa: Spouse settlement Visa (standard)

Country applied from: VFS New Delhi India

Date of biometrics: 19th December 2016

Received by Sheffield: 2ndJanuary 2017

8th March 2017: Case not straightforward email

23rd March 2017: Case on hold due to Supreme Court ruling

14th April 2017: Contacted UKVI Enquiry Service via email: Application currently in progress

18th April 2017: Contacted local MP

Phoned UKVI Premium rate number: 20th June 2017 case escalated

28th June: Email from UKVI - case on hold

Further multiple calls and emails to UKVI: response from UKVI 31st July 2017 - Home Office has paused decision making on some cases

Email to UKVI: Case escalation 2 : 4th Aug 2017

Further 6 months wages and details of accommodation sent to UKVI Offices in Sheffield

25th Aug 2017: due no response to second escalation - further calls to UKVI were made and they promised to make an escalation about failing to respond within 15days to my escalation!

30th Aug 2017: email received from MP office saying MP has herself written to Immigration Minister Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP

30th Aug 2017: received possibly encouraging email from UKVI below:

" Dear **********

REF: **********

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service.

In regards to your escalation, we have contacted the authority that process you visa and they will be in touch with you within a couple of days on the process of your application.

Please keep checking your e-mail inbox including your junk and spam box.

Your patience will be highly appreciated.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

Question: am I right to think that they may have finally come to a decision following sustained pressure/enquiries from me and my MP for several months?
Last edited by ixy7799 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:17 am

Hi aol2uk,

Dont be disheartened,

Although my fiancé submitted his biometrics on 1/5/2107, my MP got a similar email yesterday assuring that the documents are with an ECO and I should get a decision in September- my case is straightforward and they did not mention background checks ,

So this letter is positive , I would however keep in touch with the mp as HO are answerable to the MP.

quote=sol2uk post_id=1528656 time=1504224100 user_id=173204]

I have as well as her expenses and usual application costs solicitor IHS etc = £20,000. This in addition to the anguish of being separated 10 months in our first year of marriage and being apart from my beloved wife and spending our 1 year anniversary 4000 miles apart staring at our phone screens. Here is our timeline so far:

14th April 2017: Contacted UKVI Enquiry Service via email: Application currently in progress

Further multiple calls and emails to UKVI: response from UKVI 31st July 2017 - Home Office has paused decision making on some cases

Further 6 months wages and details of accommodation sent to UKVI Offices in Sheffield

25th Aug 2017: due no response to second escalation - further calls to UKVI were made and they promised to make an escalation about failing to respond within 15days to my escalation!

30th Aug 2017: email received from MP office saying MP has herself written to Immigration Minister Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP

" Dear **********

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service.

In regards to your escalation, we have contacted the authority that process you visa and they will be in touch with you within a couple of days on the process of your application.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent ters
Hi

I have been following this thread for a while and would like to thank everyone for their wishes of support and useful information. I am a British citizen surgeon earning well above the £18600, with a 3 bedroom house and no children. my wife is from Afghanistan, we got married in July 2016 and applied from India VFS New Delhi December 2016 as there is no option of applying from within Afghanistan. She has been in India in rented flats and a hotel since Dec 2016. I have visited her 3 times from London and shipped my father in law, mother in law, my mother at great expense so that she is not alone. I estimate that the total cost with my loss of earnings due to time off, flying people in to stay with my wife as well as her expenses and usual application costs solicitor IHS etc = £20,000. This in addition to the anguish of being separated 10 months in our first year of marriage and being apart from my beloved wife and spending our 1 year anniversary 4000 miles apart staring at our phone screens. Here is our timeline so far:

" Dear **********

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

Question: am I right to think that they may have finally come to a decision following sustained pressure/enquiries from me and my MP for several months?
[/quote]

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:20 am

Hi

Dont be disheartened,

Hi

" Dear **********

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am

ixy7799 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:17 am
Hi aol2uk,

Dont be disheartened,

I have as well as her expenses and usual application costs solicitor IHS etc = £20,000. This in addition to the anguish of being separated 10 months in our first year of marriage and being apart from my beloved wife and spending our 1 year anniversary 4000 miles apart staring at our phone screens. Here is our timeline so far:

" Dear **********

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent ters
Hi

" Dear **********

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

[/quote]

Ixy7799
Such a great news. So did they confirmed that you will hear this month?

Femlij
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Femlij » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 am

Benyusif wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:27 pm
I am in the same boat! I submitted my application on 25/01/17 biometric was done 2/02/17 all paperwork was submitted to Sheffield on 12/02/17.Paperwork returned on 01/04/17..email received on 28/04/17 saying out of target but will be contacted soon. Two calls to premium no but still waiting .they were not able to give me a reason for the delay.
Have you gotten your visa and how did you go about it.
Thanks

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 am

We sent an escalation email this tuesday, and we didn't receive a reply or an acknowledge email. Why? Aren't we suppose to receive anything?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:34 am

M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 am
We sent an escalation email this tuesday, and we didn't receive a reply or an acknowledge email. Why? Aren't we suppose to receive anything?
We also didn't get any reply from them. After escalated our case

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 am

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:34 am
M2sam wrote:
How strange, if they are going to reply it would be great if they can tell us how long it will take from know.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 am

M2sam
After escalation (may be after one week) we called ukvi customer service again to ask about the status.they told its awaiting decision,& already been escalated.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 pm

M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 am
Sydvir wrote:
M2sam wrote:
How strange, if they are going to reply it would be great if they can tell us how long it will take from know.
Have you got case not straight forward email?
And call from ho?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 pm
M2sam wrote:
Sydvir wrote:
M2sam wrote:
And call from ho?
Yes i got email, but I heard they send this if they don't meet their service standards.
Yes got call from them,,,,but still waiting!

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 pm

M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:03 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 pm
M2sam wrote:
Sydvir wrote:

And call from ho?
Yes i got email, but I heard they send this if they don't meet their service standards.
Yes got call from them,,,,but still waiting!
When you got a call ?
Is that regarding your jobs?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Did they contact your employer?
Have you got case not straight forward email on 12 th week?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Finally!

12th working day since 'Decision made' email. Got the email from VFS bangkok,

" Dear xxxxxx ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/31/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email."

Apparently they kept the passport in British Embassy all this time after decision made. Not sure why, hope it's a good news.

Picking up passport tomorrow. Inshallah all is well. Double EID if it happens.
Hi Mozah,

Any updates on your visa?

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Those who have two jobs what questions did ho ask when they contacted you and your employer? Many thanks in advance

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi sydvir,

Yes the did,

But it was my MP that got this reply
From them, they have never contacted me.
Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi aol2uk,

Dont be disheartened,

" Dear **********

Hi

" Dear **********

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

Ixy7799
[/quote]

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi sydvir,

Yes they said I will get a decision soon, but most of this was achieved with the help of my MP. Sheffield have not once confirmed anything with me. All communication has been with my mp.
Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi aol2uk,

Dont be disheartened,

" Dear **********

Hi

" Dear **********

Kind Regards,

UK Visas & immigration

UKVI Contact Centre"

Ixy7799
[/quote]

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:39 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/31/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email."

Apparently they kept the passport in British Embassy all this time after decision made. Not sure why, hope it's a good news.

Hi Mozah,

Unfortunately. REFUSED.

- they are satisfied with the marriage.
- they are satisfied with my current salary and payslips.

Everything is fine. Everything is ticked off, apart from one thing.

Basically they refused coz I didn't get any Salary from the company for the first 6 months of establishment... only showed the latest 6 months payslips. (It should've been full 12months)

I didn't take the salary because I was at a different job, still earning more at the beginning. Because of that, we provided employment history and adding up all the 6 payslips, clearly it's more than 18,600. Technically according to my solicitor, it should've been fine. And we stated that in the covering letter too! I didn't take salary at the beginning coz company was new.

Anyway, it's stupid lol, if they're satisfied with my marriage, current financial situation etc etc it's harsh to refuse on not 'providing' payslips from 2015. I'm a director, I chose not to get paid from my own company that time coz I was already earning enough from a current job! Wish I had a dream in 2015 to fix it... didn't know they'll refuse it for it 😂

Wish I got this decision sooner. Refusal letter also stated the application was placed on HOLD for 6 months.

Time to appeal and wait another 6-9months without my wife.

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 pm

That's shocking !

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Do you think it would be worthwhile going through your MP?
Mozah110 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 pm
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:
Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

Hi Mozah,

Unfortunately. REFUSED.

Basically they refused coz I didn't get any Salary from the company for the first 6 months of establishment... only showed the latest 6 months payslips. (It should've been full 12months)

I didn't take the salary because I was at a different job, still earning more at the beginning. Because of that, we provided employment history and adding up all the 6 payslips, clearly it's more than 18,600. Technically according to my solicitor, it should've been fine. And we stated that in the covering letter too! I didn't take salary at the beginning coz company was new.

Anyway, it's stupid lol, if they're satisfied with my marriage, current financial situation etc etc it's harsh to refuse on not 'providing' payslips from 2015. I'm a director, I chose not to get paid from my own company that time coz I was already earning enough from a current job! Wish I had a dream in 2015 to fix it... didn't know they'll refuse it for it 😂

Wish I got this decision sooner. Refusal letter also stated the application was placed on HOLD for 6 months.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:23 am

Mozah110 wrote:
Unfortunately. REFUSED.

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like a really stupid reason to refuse especially when they only ask for 6 months payslips as requirement. I think you have very strong grounds for appeal and this will be easily tossed out in court. The painful part however would be the wait.

BTW, did you get your IHS refund? You're supposed to have received it by now right?

TheDoc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TheDoc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:49 am

Mozah110 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:
Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

Hi Mozah,

Unfortunately. REFUSED.

Sorry to hear this;
I think for the financial category you were relying on; guidelines clearly state 12 months.
If you are to appeal, then be sure to provide 12 months statements (and submit as evidence).

Best wishes

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:33 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:23 am
Mozah110 wrote:
Unfortunately. REFUSED.

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like a really stupid reason to refuse especially when they only ask for 6 months payslips as requirement. I think you have very strong grounds for appeal and this will be easily tossed out in court. The painful part however would be the wait.

BTW, did you get your IHS refund? You're supposed to have received it by now right?
No refund yet, how long will it take?

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:42 am

TheDoc wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:49 am
Mozah110 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
Mozah110 wrote:
Finally!

" Dear xxxxxx ,

Hi Mozah,

Unfortunately. REFUSED.

Sorry to hear this;
I think for the financial category you were relying on; guidelines clearly state 12 months.
If you are to appeal, then be sure to provide 12 months statements (and submit as evidence).

Best wishes
You're right. Thing is, when I founded my company, I didn't take the salary for first 6 months, because I was already working for someone else, earning enough money, so common sense says I shouldn't take the money from newly founded business and I should let it improve first. After 6 months, I saw my company progressing very rapidly, so I left my current job and countinued in my company on salary basis... so I only had 6 months from my own company to show. But I provided evidence that I was currently at another job first 6 months, with p60, payslips etc. - in total, just adding up my 6 months payslip is well over minimum requirement as well.

I think my solicitor should've clarified this properly on the covering letter I guess. Appeal should do for me, just gotta make sure we write very strong letter with evidence. Just think this was harsh as they're happy with everything else, my marriage, current financial situation etc.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi to all

I applied in March 3 biomatric
Sent paper Sheffield on 14 march
Got hold and not straightforward email in may
Email last week about status reply from ho
U r application is being considered and currently awaiting for decision.

Anyone know how long will take after that
They send hold email but when we call ukvi
They never mention about hold
I think they just send people without any reason
Only because they want more time to take.

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi All
Does anyone know why the online tracker is not working anymore please ?It showed
our decision was made on the 7th of August,we received our passport without a decision ,there was no visa or refusal letter but we received an email that a decision has been made ,we escalated on the 18th but have not heard from them ,Sponsor's MP is involved now . The online tracker shows number not recognised ,it used to show DECIDED.
This is very CONFUSING.No visa,no stamp,no refusal letter.We are waiting to hear what ukvi have to say.