ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Student visa please help!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scooby589
Newly Registered
United States of America

UK Student visa please help!

Post by scooby589 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:40 pm

I moved to the UK 2 years ago as a dependent with my mother. MY mother married a British citizen who is no longer interested and i believe he will leave her soon. My mother is in a spouse visa and my visa is as a dependent. There are only 5 days left for the visa to run out. I am a student and also working part time to pay for the college i have done my first year of college and about to start the second year. Is it possible for me to change the status and apply for student visa if yes how. Please help i am really concerned because there are only 5 days left and my future will be destroyed.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: UK Student visa please help!

Post by aerobalag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Zain Khan wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:40 pm
I moved to the UK 2 years ago as a dependent with my mother. MY mother married a British citizen who is no longer interested and i believe he will leave her soon. My mother is in a spouse visa and my visa is as a dependent. There are only 5 days left for the visa to run out. I am a student and also working part time to pay for the college i have done my first year of college and about to start the second year. Is it possible for me to change the status and apply for student visa if yes how. Please help i am really concerned because there are only 5 days left and my future will be destroyed.
yes you can change your visa type, for better consulation ,ask for help from immigration consultant because they will give proper consultant ,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:50 pm

My understanding is that you would have to apply for your Tier 4 visa from outside of the UK.

7. Switch to this visa
You may be able to change (switch) to a Tier 4 (General) student visa if you’re in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:
Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 4 (Child)

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

scooby589
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by scooby589 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 pm

i came to England as a dependent and my mother married a British citizen. do you know what category i fall into.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Zain Khan wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 pm
i came to England as a dependent and my mother married a British citizen. do you know what category i fall into.
it depends on what category u want to switch into
u said college student
then probably tier4 general student

scooby589
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by scooby589 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 pm

No i am talking about my visa. what type of visa do i have? is it not Tier 2 general or Tier 4 child? because i am dependent.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Zain Khan wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 pm
No i am talking about my visa. what type of visa do i have? is it not Tier 2 general or Tier 4 child? because i am dependent.
Not if your mother is in the UK under a Spouse Settlement visa. I'm assuming that you were issued with a visa as a family member of a settled person (your step-father). What's shown on your current visa?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

scooby589
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by scooby589 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:14 pm

it says accompanied by mother thats it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Zain Khan wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:14 pm
In which case you entered under a family settlement visa and aren't under either Tier 2 General or Tier 4 Student (child).

How old are you now? Is your step-father not intending to support you and your mother's FLR(M) extension?
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Zain Khan wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:14 pm
You are on a child settlement visa. You cannot switch to a student visa within the UK. Also you have to find or want to study with an HO approved university etc. You have to be issued a CAS and you have to pay international fees.

You will not be able to sponsor your mother to stay in the UK.

What are you studying?

How old are you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scooby589
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by scooby589 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:45 pm

i just turned 21 and i am studying level 3 aeronautical engineering. I paid for my college last year and i will be able to pay by myself. Is their any other alternative way ?

mawais263
Newly Registered

Post by mawais263 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 am

I am not sure if that would help but I would advise you to apply for leave under Human right. As you were a dependent of partner of British citizen, even though the circumstances have changed now, which is not your fault and your future is at risk, you are studying & you have paid fees etc. which could go in your favor. Seek an immigration expert advice. DO NOT leave UK because it is very very difficult to get a student visa if not impossible for a returning student. Please note that I am not an expert & I just shared my thoughts.
Good luck!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:04 am

mawais263 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 am
I am not sure if that would help but I would advise you to apply for leave under Human right. As you were a dependent of partner of British citizen, even though the circumstances have changed now, which is not your fault and your future is at risk, you are studying & you have paid fees etc. which could go in your favor. Seek an immigration expert advice. DO NOT leave UK because it is very very difficult to get a student visa if not impossible for a returning student. Please note that I am not an expert & I just shared my thoughts.
Good luck!
For someone over the age of 21 and after only 2 years in the UK, an application under Article 8 (Human Rights) stands virtually no chance of succeeding. Studying or not, the Case Worker will take the view that there are no compelling or insurmountable
obstacles
in returning to the USA (according to the flag) and apply for a student visa.

Even more so if his mother is unable to renew her visa under FLR(M) if her relationship is no longer subsisting.

Article 8 is by no means a golden ticket to settlement. :idea:

@scooby589 I see in your opening post that you only have a few days left on your current visa and I assume that your mother is in the same position. As I asked earlier in this thread, has your step-father refused to support your applications for FLR(M)?
(Casa, not CR001)