ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in GNIB Stamp and Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Gap in GNIB Stamp and Naturalisation

Post by srinidhi82 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

I am soon due to apply for the naturalization based on my 5 years stay on work permit here. During my first renewal of the GNIB i got my appointment with the GNIB officer 3 weeks after the renewal due date.
Question is Should I deduct those 3 weeks from the reckonable residence and then apply or i can apply from the date i am eligible to apply based on the residency calculator ? Please advise .

Thanks

dupalsky

Re: Gap in GNIB Stamp and Naturalisation

Post by dupalsky » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Any days, weeks, months or years that pass without you registering needs to be deducted.

Dupalsky

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am

No its not a Gap.You were covered by letter that time.
I did have the same but i did not deducted the time because Its covered by letter.
In INIS website Its clearly mentioned.

nuevoirish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nuevoirish » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am

dupalsky wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:33 pm
Any days, weeks, months or years that pass without you registering needs to be deducted.

Dupalsky
Thats not true.
I had the same with my wife. Where we had appointment schedule well after the expiring date of the GNIB Card and we counted those when we applied for Citizenship and no issue. The only thing Citizenship Division can request is to explain why you have that gap and this is covered by the appointment letter from immigration Officer. So there is no issue if the appointment is schedule after the GNIB expiring date. Those days are covered and still count.
By the way we both got Approval.

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks guys, in my case back in 2013 i had to ring the immigration office at Leixlip to book an appointment and he would email us back with the appointment , i have those email anyways where the appointment date was well after the expiry date.
So @nuevoirish , when i submit my application do i need to explain the reason for delay in registering and also submit the email i received from the immigration office for appointment ?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:57 pm

for all of those who are saying your cover with a letter i think you need to make your point in detail

as far as i know the only time your cover with letter is for the letter that is issued by GNIB granting you a visa by instructing you to go to ginib office for the stamp and card, and in a work permit case i think your work permit is issued once and renew every year with employers letter so in that case GNIB dont issue you a renewal letter.

srinidhi@ if what i have stated above is correct you need to deduct those days.
if your unable to find the absolute answer to that call gnib and confrim however if still no answer concluded i strongly advise you to deduct those day!

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:32 am

Mal111

You are correct. He clearly stated that it is a case of work permit, hence my advise to him. But apparently, some of us here work with immigration and know better..........

Dupalsky

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 am

Thanks , it is a matter for 19 days, i can deduct those before i apply.