ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What could happen??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liloldme
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

What could happen??

Post by Liloldme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 pm

My partner has hit me, i have kids with him. I am British born, he is african. We have 2 kids together and he just got his second flrfp. If i call the police when he hits me, what will happen to his visa? I dont want to effect his visa, but i cant keep this situation repeating. If we serate, what happens to his visa? He says he needs me to be with him for his visa, i dont want to be the reason why my kids father is taken away. Also can he take them from me? They are 8yrs and 4yrs, born in the UK and have never travelled abroad, with no passports. Please help me, i dont know what to do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What could happen??

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Doubt the police will inform HO, but a record is a record at the end of the day and if he is charged or issued with a caution, he must declare it in any future applications.

If you separate, he can still apply to stay in the UK based on the British children, which is FLR(FP) Parent route.

If you separate, you must inform HO on the prescribed form that the relationship has broken down and ended. HO will then likely curtail his current visa and he will have to apply for another he qualifies for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Children don't need a father like that - I'd get him out of yours and their lives pronto without any qualms.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Liloldme
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Liloldme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Thank you very much, thats very good to know. Would he be able to abduct the kids and take them to his country. They dont have passports, but they have his surname.

Liloldme
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Liloldme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Also if he applies for flr (fp) on the parent route, would he have to start the 10yr process again? I want to do what is right by my kids, he is a great dad, just not so good partner, theres too much water under the bridge.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:22 pm

If you separate and he is granted FLR(FP under the parent route this will either be issued for 5 or 10 years.

He can't take the children outside of the UK without your permission.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 am

Apologies for a non-immigration related reply but please report him for domestic violence. Assaulting you with kids in the house should be deterred here and now. One interview with the cops or a court appearance should sort him out.