ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP as a parent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

njazzy
Ghana

FLR FP as a parent

Post by njazzy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:45 am

Good day honourable members. i Need help and I hope this board will be useful for me. I am a non eea citizen and came to uk on 2010 on a tourist visa and i have overstayed since my visa expired. well i was in a relationship with an ee member for almost a year and half. we have a 1 year baby together who is a british. i lived together with my partner for a year and half together with the baby. my partner has a permanent residence to live in the uk. well things are not working between us and i have separated from my partner, i regularly visit her to look after the baby and she brings the baby to me look after for her to work on weekends.
i want to apply for leave to remain as a parent. do i stand a chance of success? if yes what documents do i need to prove. my name is on the childs birth certificate and i have a dna tets from an approved home office centre to prove i am the father. do i have to proof i was living together with my partner before i separated from her? please anyone with similar situation can share his views and ideas. many thanks.
Jazzy.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP as a parent

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 am

What nationality is the mother of your child?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:57 am

the mother of the child is from Italy. She has an Italian passport and a UK permanent residence as well.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18 pm

It is possible to apply under the parent route if you are not in a relationship with the mother.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Thank you for your response @ Obie. can you please guide me with the necessary and relevant documents needed to support my application.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 pm

You need to demonstrate you are not in a relationship with the mother. You are playing a role in the life of the child and you intend to continue doing so. You need to show that there is either a court order or informal agreement between you and the other parent, enabling you to have contact with the child. You need to also show the other parent is a British or Settled person, and that child live with other parent.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks Obie. will a letter from the childs mum be okay to prove that i am not in a relationship with her and i take part in the upbringing of the child and that the child lives with her as well.
well the childs mum is ready to give me any letter that i require from her.
i have the childs british passport and birth certificate at the moment.
i have a DNA report from home office approved centre.
i have a couple of pictures of me and my son together.
my passport

Can you please point to me what other documents i need to support my application.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I cannot advise on your individual case. I can only set out the requirements of the law. I believe that those representing you, will be better placed, based on your circumstances to assist on what you need.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:14 pm

thanks for your reply. I have no representative at the moment. Is it possible to do the application by myself or I need a representative on my case. If it's possible to do it by myself please advice me on what most people submit in relation to this type of application. I will be happy if you can direct me to other people thread on similar situation like mine. Thanks.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 am

Good morning. Can anyone please outline to me the documents I need to submit for flr fp as a parent please. Thanks.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 pm

any help or advice please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:01 pm

njazzy wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 pm
any help or advice please?
The forum has been offline the whole day!!

You don't need a solicitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks. Can you please let me know which sort of documents to provide to support the application. thanks. what i need to provide, that of my son and the childs mother as well. thank you.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Fellow moderators, can you please help me as I know you people have helped thousands of people to sort out their visa issues. I know my case is a bit awkward, but please can you people even direct me to a link that I can read someone's post who was in a similar situation like mine. I know you people are busy but a little info will help please.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:36 am

Anyone there to comment on my post please. I want to know which documents to provide for my self, child and the the child's mother in relation to family life as a parent application. I live separate with the child and his mum. Any ideas please.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 pm

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Thank you very much. Can you please help me with what additional documents I need to add to my application please.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Good evening, this is just a quick one with regards to my application. wanted to know if its possible to use the same day service for flr fp as a parent as i am an overstayer at the moment. many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm

njazzy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:30 pm
Good evening, this is just a quick one with regards to my application. wanted to know if its possible to use the same day service for flr fp as a parent as i am an overstayer at the moment. many thanks.
In-person applications aren't advised for complex applications, which as an overstayer yours falls under. The junior level Case Workers at the PSC simply don't have the authority to make a decision on an application which requires further clarification and checks.

FLR(FP) applications generally take many months for a decision to be made.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:40 am

Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm
njazzy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:30 pm
In-person applications aren't advised for complex applications, which as an overstayer yours falls under. The junior level Case Workers at the PSC simply don't have the authority to make a decision on an application which requires further clarification and checks.

FLR(FP) applications generally take many months for a decision to be made.
Hi Casa i need your advice please im in same situation like njazzy my baby born last month ive got his birth certificate and passport now. my application on partner bassis is already pending in HO for decision shall i go for fresh appliaction on childs base or just submit new evidence ?

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:41 am

Thank you casa. Please how many correspondence do I need as a proof of address for myself. I have TV license in my name, sky tv bill in my name and a GP registration letter in my name. Will these three be enough as proof of address for myself. They are both dated three different months. Thanks for your help.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 pm

My child's mum wanted a letter from the health visitor stating that she lives with the child and that I am the emergency contact of the child as a letter of consent to support my application. But the health visitor said it's against their rules to give letters to the home office. What can we do about this please. Any help.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Is it normal for the health visitor to refuse to give my childs mum a letter of consent please?

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello admins and members, I have an update on my documents and want to check with you people before I submit my application.
My documents
Passport
Two proof of address from sky TV and TV license
Pictures of myself and son
DNA test from approved centre
Letter of application

My child's mum
Copy of her passport and permanent residence copy
Letter of consent
Statutory declaration saying we are no longer in a relationship but I look after my son and I have access to her place to visit my son
GP letter stating she lives with her son

My son
Birth certificate
British passport
Red book

Please can you guys advice me on what is missing please. What should I add or subtract please. I am applying for flr fp as a parent. Many thanks.
Njazzy.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Can someone be of help here please. looks like no one want to comment on my thread. i have posted 3 or more here and no one seems to be interested in my case here. Please please any comment will be appreciated.