ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation AN - Employment change of conditions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Employment needed for citizenship/passport?

Post by WakeWakeWake » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding naturalisation. I've had ILR for 11 months now, off a 5 year Tier 2 visa route.

When submitting the application to become British (I plan on doing joint citizenship and passport though I assume this has no bearing on my question), will being unemployed affect the outcome in any way? I'm married and my spouse will continue working.

I understand there's a part in the form that asks for employer details - unsure if putting an "n/a" would make the UKVI less likely to grant me citizenship. I have a healthy financial position and have been employed the last 6 years.

Would this have any influence on the decision in any way / does the form require employer information?

Thanks.

W

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employment needed for citizenship/passport?

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Employment is not a mandatory requirement for citizenship.

If you are unemployed, then simply state in the employment area 'unemployed' and then state any previous employment as the form asks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:43 am

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response!

I understand it's not mandatory, but do you think it affects the chances of being granted citizenship in anyway? i.e. maybe the home office will wonder why the applicant is unemployed, etc.?

Are there cases of people being turned down because of it?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,

Alejandro

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:54 am

but do you think it affects the chances of being granted citizenship in anyway
NO, it does NOT.

Many people apply who have never worked in the UK and are successfully approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Naturalisation AN - Employment change of conditions?

Post by WakeWakeWake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 am

Hi All

I have question regarding employment details, specifically section 1.45 to 1.50 (What is your occupation / name of employer / address of employer / etc.)

I have an NCS / JCAP appointment in a week - what happens if after submitting the application I resign from my current job and am no longer employed? I've been gainfully employed / paying taxes + contributions for the qualifying period. Technically I'm currently on unpaid leave (still employed) but will be resigning after submitting my application.

1-Would I need to inform the HO? How would I go about doing this?
2-As a result of the above, would my application be delayed by this notification?
3-Would it negatively impact the outcome if I'm no longer employed?
4-If, prior to receiving a decision of the application, I've found a new job, do I need to notify the HO? Would question 2 apply again?

Thanks to all.

W.