ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mental Health Crisis

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

costumedesign
Newly Registered

Mental Health Crisis

Post by costumedesign » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 pm

The stress going through the T1 Entrepreneurial renewal process has genuinely pushed me into a mental health crisis-I am under the care of a crisis team and community mental health.

I know my second admin review refusal is waiting in the post office. The refusal is based on the HO refusing to use discretion on an incorrectly interpreted HMRC policy. I have a case built up from over the past year for JR.

However, I am seriously concerned my mental health is not stable enough to fight the Home Office within thier 14 day time frame (I feel I have to decide between going to hospital or spending time fighting the HO) are there any Human Rights medical grounds available to pause the process long enough to get myself help-I am at real risk of suicide.

I have been trying to find a legal aid lawyer, but is difficult as my case is "too complex"

I am scared they will deport me, or I will lose my rights to submit a new application within the 14 days if I am not well enough to do so. I do have the support of my MP, but he is unable to advise. I am fighting my hardest to save my business, livliehood and life.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mental Health Crisis

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:56 pm

What is the exact reason for extension refusal and AR refusal?

You have no post history on the forum other than asking if you have Section 3C cover to qualify for long residence ILR this month.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Yes this visa is full of stress. Paying employees, and hell of other expenditure just to run the business and at the end, I ain't making enough money which i should because of the tough competition.
My all family is here and they all are refugees, to be honest they don't have even a single problem in their lives.
I spent almost 120k in business and bought 150k property but still struggling to get immigration status done.
I still think that I made a huge mistake, I should've claimed asylum 5 years ago. :( :(

I really wish that you get well soon.
Last edited by Momi on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:56 pm
What is the exact reason for extension refusal and AR refusal?
:?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 pm

costumedesign wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 pm
The stress going through the T1 Entrepreneurial renewal process has genuinely pushed me into a mental health crisis-I am under the care of a crisis team and community mental health.

I know my second admin review refusal is waiting in the post office. The refusal is based on the HO refusing to use discretion on an incorrectly interpreted HMRC policy. I have a case built up from over the past year for JR.

However, I am seriously concerned my mental health is not stable enough to fight the Home Office within thier 14 day time frame (I feel I have to decide between going to hospital or spending time fighting the HO) are there any Human Rights medical grounds available to pause the process long enough to get myself help-I am at real risk of suicide.

I have been trying to find a legal aid lawyer, but is difficult as my case is "too complex"

I am scared they will deport me, or I will lose my rights to submit a new application within the 14 days if I am not well enough to do so. I do have the support of my MP, but he is unable to advise. I am fighting my hardest to save my business, livliehood and life.
I feel your pain but please don't commit suicide. Did you engage a solicitor already? You are already doing the right thing reaching out, keep reaching out hopefully someone has ideas.Sometimes I feel there is unfairness in this visa route. I wish BBC paronama can investigate how HO is causing mental health crisis for genuine entrepreneurs. I am horrified by some refusal reasons on this forum, totally unreasonable.

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:04 pm

costumedesign wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 pm

can you please tell us why ur visa got refused maybe we can help u out

costumedesign
Newly Registered

Post by costumedesign » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:31 pm

The HO refuse to use discretion in my case as all of my employees were under the £112 Lower Earnings Limit and therefore not subject to PAYE as per HMRC policy. In the refusal, the HO implied that despite not being subject to PAYE, I was still able to apply for an employer reference number optionally. This is not the case, and I am expecting a more substantial written reply from HMRC to clarify thier policy for the HO on Sept 4, 2017

In my AR, I requested to submit evidence to the HO in order to show thier caseworking error (failure to verify HMRC policy) and my MP requested they delay the decision until HMRC could send a letter verifying thier policy. Despite writing to the AR information e-mail, they replied "we assure you that we aim to make a decision by August 24th. I know the decision has been made as there is a bundle of paperwork sent via 2nd class signed for-which I cannot yet sign for until I know what to do, as the clock starts ticking-I do not know what to do. The case is heading towards JR.

There was a small possibility I could have varied my application to ILR 10 year long residence if my application was still pending until August 6, 2017. Unfortunately the refusal decision was made July 4, 2017. The irony of it.

This is a very serious matter. I am trying to fight, but need to take a break before I break. Unfortunately, I am afraid there may not be any legal grounds in order to do so without losing-thus far I have filed everything in time.

Thank you.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:15 pm

I am sorry for ur health. I hope u feeel better soon. I have same feelings as if i am gana havw sm kinds stroke. I am due to apply soon. Byy reading all these posts is scary. I am having anxiety tbh. Too worried. Spending all these years plus money. Now tell me ?
What i understood is u got refusal on 4th july 2017 and u were completing 10 years on 6th august2017. U know u can apply 28days before u complete ur 10 years. 6th august 2017 is minus 28 days. Please clarify that. Regards,

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Tbh honest i read ur post again and i think evything is under control. And ur worries are going to finish very soon. What i can see is. But plzz reply to my previous posts and i shall tell u what i m thinking and den i want u to wait for experts advise as well marchnath,cr001 zimba and all moderators.
Regards

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Mate costumedesign, Try for a written clarification from hmrc as you are after.
Check with heyaheya, if you stand a chance in that direction.

I understand you are mentally, physically and financially drained. I understand its a matter of time you would make your money. This has not been an enjoyable experience for most of us, simple because we didnt get good guidance or we didnt seek guidance. Since were all adults, everybody think that we are old enough to make all decisions. It is true but when we are new to some thing we are all kid like not knowing all the details. It takes time for us to learn. 3 years is not so okay period for us to learn.

Fight till your best, but dont let it affect your health mate. Its not worth it. Speak to solictors asking them to defend your case in one way or another. getting your stay is definitely worth it, however you have to cross this obstacle. you cant cross this if you are going to end up being sick. Also this world is cruel, especially this business world is a cut throat market. I have people who have exploited. Unfortunately becos of my situation, iam unable to go in that direction going after my money because i really dont have time to waste. So I have made comprises but taken bold steps. Whether its going to turn positive or not is different. I havent made my money yet. But still i want to keep calm and carry on. my interview is on wed at my office. also I came out of a medical surgery. I had to get my eye operated and had to rest . How much of this will be accepted, i have no idea. But indeed my health has affected my business and i am due on payments. Its a matter of time, i will try my best. My business skills are getting better and better but not the best yet. Iam a late bloomer and so are most of us.

like someone said above, please dont try and think negative about all this . Talk to a lot of people and on this forum. A lot of people havent read the policy guidance. You should read the guidance at three different stages. One before applying for tier 1 entreprenur. 2 After getting your visa, we should have read extn guidance immediately but most of us skimmed through probbaly, some didnt even bother. they free styled. This strategy was to get money invested into uk and create employment. Iam sure hmrc has received a lot of taxes ever since this route got open. But now its a different story.

expecting us to be great in three years and doing everything right and perfect is not correct. Nobody is perfect.
Take time and explain mate. talk to people talk to this forum and all the best. Keep in touch its not worth it dont spoil your health. In my case its 50 k its okay, i will fight as much as i can to the last . if it happens it happens. iam stressed too, but This is not the end . All the best mate n dont worry

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:06 am

Costumedesign I am suffering from Kidney Failure and living on Dialysis. I have applied for extension in June 2016 and I am still waiting. My life literally depends on this extension. I have my family dependent on me (my wife and 14mths old daughter). Can you imagine my situation? Is yours worse than mine?

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:12 am

sorry about this sameer. Hopefully you get yours soon. I know someone who got theirs after 16 months. so have a bit of patience and continue whatever you are doing. All the best

@costumedesign - There you go mate heard about sameer. I know yours is critical. but keep at it and have patience.