ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd interview Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: 2nd interview Tier 4

Post by aerobalag » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 am
muneebnaseem wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:36 am
Anyone applied before 14th July and still waiting for a decision?
Yep. 13th July and without a call for a second interview or an email stating that the application was not straightforward.
same here...but applied on july 12th

muneebnaseem
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by muneebnaseem » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:08 pm

I meant biometric appointment (document submission) date after 14th July.

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a silent reader of this thread. I am extremely delighted to have come to know that the application of WAQAS RAFIQ has been decided. I wish you all the best with you visa bro. You had been through a lot of stress.
Now I am having a similar situation like all of you. I am also a returning student and I applied for my visa in July from Islamabad VAC. My timeline is as follow,
Visa application: 11th of July
Biometrics: 13th of July
Acknowledgement: 18th of July
Not straightforward mail: 16th of August

And since then I havent heard anything. I didnt try to call or mail them. What I want to know is that whats really going on? Will mailing or calling them help? Does escallation matter?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:09 pm

T5advice wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am a silent reader of this thread. I am extremely delighted to have come to know that the application of WAQAS RAFIQ has been decided. I wish you all the best with you visa bro. You had been through a lot of stress.
Now I am having a similar situation like all of you. I am also a returning student and I applied for my visa in July from Islamabad VAC. My timeline is as follow,
Visa application: 11th of July
Biometrics: 13th of July
Acknowledgement: 18th of July
Not straightforward mail: 16th of August

And since then I havent heard anything. I didnt try to call or mail them. What I want to know is that whats really going on? Will mailing or calling them help? Does escallation matter?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
You posted last week that you applied for a Tier 5 GAE visa. This topic is for Tier 4 Student visas and NOT for Tier 5 posts.

uk-tier-5-temporary-work-visas/delay-in ... l#p1526687

Kindly post your questions in the Tier 5 sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saif94
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saif94 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 am

Hello guys,

I applied for tier 4 student visa on 9th august. Had my interview and biometric on 11th august, got initial email from UK decision making center on 20th August that application has been recieved and is being prepared for ECO. On 26th August I got another email from UK decision making center that my application is still under consideration and would take more than 15 working days. On 28th August I got a call from Gerry's Islamabad to come for re-scanning of documents and I had rescanning same day. Guys Iim worried now because my course is starting from 11th September and still my application status is 'Awaiting decision' when I checked by calling UKVI.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am
Hey everyone
I have just received an email that case is not straight forward as it would take time.I read on forums if this comes ECO calls for second interview.Is it for sure he calls for second interview as I already gave interview when filing visa at 20 June.
I am a returning UK Student .Immigration history is clear no issues.
Completed level 4-5-6 and 7 and now going for MBA.Have completed all the given diplomas on time and returned to Pakistan in march before visa expired to extend it for september intake.Can anyone give any advise please.

Tier 4
Applied 20 June
Acknowledgement received 28 June
Second Email Unfortunately 3 July.

Please advise me.
Thanks
Hey recieved your passport ?
Update us plz

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am
Hey everyone
I have just received an email that case is not straight forward as it would take time.I read on forums if this comes ECO calls for second interview.Is it for sure he calls for second interview as I already gave interview when filing visa at 20 June.
I am a returning UK Student .Immigration history is clear no issues.
Completed level 4-5-6 and 7 and now going for MBA.Have completed all the given diplomas on time and returned to Pakistan in march before visa expired to extend it for september intake.Can anyone give any advise please.

Tier 4
Applied 20 June
Acknowledgement received 28 June
Second Email Unfortunately 3 July.

Please advise me.
Thanks

Did you get passport collection email?

ibrahimnayyar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ibrahimnayyar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:50 pm

hello everyone.

i applied for tier 4 visa on 20th september. the last start date of my course was 16th october monday. still havent gotten visa and i contacted university they denied the extension, not just to me but every other student.

i called home office 1 week ago and when i asked for the status of my application they said they havent even reviewed it. then 1 day later i got 2nd interview call on phone. most of the questions were same as the interview on 20th sept. then on saturday which was 14th october i got email saying that the assesment of this application has not been straightforward and is subject to extended checks. so on monday (tomorrow) the last date for enrolment will pass. still havent gotten visa yet.

all my documents were on point and so was the interview. my friends all got their visa in 4-5 days. now i dont even want to go to the uk i just dont want a rejected visa as it gives off a bad impression. since i cant reach in time now for enrolment cuz still havent gotten passport. i am going to australia now. i just hope they dont reject the visa otherwise it will create huge problems for me even for australia cuz they share info online.

funny thing is none of this was my fault. it was the damn ukvi's fault.

i would just like to know the outcomes of all those who got 2nd interview call on phone? did u get visa approval or rejection? thanks for reading this long para lol. good luck to all those who got visa and to those who didnt dont worry there is a different and better future for u

Alishah123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alishah123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:15 pm

ibrahimnayyar wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:50 pm
hello everyone.

i applied for tier 4 visa on 20th september. the last start date of my course was 16th october monday. still havent gotten visa and i contacted university they denied the extension, not just to me but every other student.

i called home office 1 week ago and when i asked for the status of my application they said they havent even reviewed it. then 1 day later i got 2nd interview call on phone. most of the questions were same as the interview on 20th sept. then on saturday which was 14th october i got email saying that the assesment of this application has not been straightforward and is subject to extended checks. so on monday (tomorrow) the last date for enrolment will pass. still havent gotten visa yet.

all my documents were on point and so was the interview. my friends all got their visa in 4-5 days. now i dont even want to go to the uk i just dont want a rejected visa as it gives off a bad impression. since i cant reach in time now for enrolment cuz still havent gotten passport. i am going to australia now. i just hope they dont reject the visa otherwise it will create huge problems for me even for australia cuz they share info online.

funny thing is none of this was my fault. it was the damn ukvi's fault.

i would just like to know the outcomes of all those who got 2nd interview call on phone? did u get visa approval or rejection? thanks for reading this long para lol. good luck to all those who got visa and to those who didnt dont worry there is a different and better future for u
Hey what was their reply? Can you please tell me. I Had a second interview too and it was a rejection. My course date passed. And the reason they gave me were so immature and nonsense even my university didn’t make sense of it. Let me know about your case.

Alishah123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alishah123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello people. I have applied a second time for ukvi as my first application was a rejection. I dared and made a second one. The reason that they gave for my first rejection were really absurd. I have been asked 3 main question. When they asked about the university, i wanted to tell them about the speciality of the course thatmy university is providing me but couldn’t remember to mention it at the last moment. So I mean i stated other points also but forgot to mention the modules. Is it alright or big deal as I am applying for the second time. I hope for the best this time.