ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My visa new stamped !

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narsilionh

My visa new stamped !

Post by narsilionh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:18 pm

My wife is a British citizen and I am a South Korean citizen. We visited the UK (through ferry from Dublin port) for 10 days from Ireland for a friend's wedding and to visit my wife's family.

I had a 3 month visa at the time valid until November 6th 2017(from Dublin airport, we explained that we came Ireland for apply eea family residence card) as we are hoping to apply for a EEA Family Permit because my wife is starting University this month.

When we re-entered Ireland,(through ferry port from holyhead) however, my passport was re-stamped with a visa that is only valid until October 15th 2017. This is less time than we thought we had and it is unlikely now we will have the application ready in time.

I don't understand why my visa new stamped at the ferry port. we thought we can travelling UK with Irish visa and there were any problem no one checked or asked my visa stamp before we leave Ireland.

Why has this happened?
I need help we are now processing buy house in county dublin October is too short or too edge of the time.

dupalsky

Re: My visa new stamped !

Post by dupalsky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:20 am

Hey,

I couldn't tell you why that happened to be honest..... I am not sure why immigration do half of the strange things they do.

However, since your wife is starting her studies this month, I suppose she already received documents from the school that proves that she will be studying. All you need to do is fill out the application, include her college admission letter and other documents needed(you will requirement for every category on-line)

Once you submit your application, you are covered. Whether the date on your passport pass, you are fine as the immigration is aware of your case.

Dupalsky