ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PBS Dependent application

Post by chdgu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Dear Immigration Gurus,

I hope this is an appropriate post under this topic. Please find my questions which require your kind advise.
One of my friend is progressing with the PBS dependent visa for his spouse and daughter after getting his ILR (through 5 years Tier 2 ICT route). The questions from the application form are:

1. There is no option in the application form to enter the ILR holder's name/BRP card details. How the PBS dependent visas will be linked to the ILR holder?

2. The PBS dependants will be eligible for ILR in February 2018 i.e they need PBS dependent visa for less than 1 year. The option to enter the required visa duration is not explicitly available in the form.
Can we just say the IHS period as 1 year to cover the visa required period?

Note: The current Tier 2 ICT dependent visas for the spouse and daughter is getting expired on 29-Sep-2017.

Thanks for your help.

Many Thanks!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent application

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:54 pm

1. If yes to above, HO will see her visa is linked to her spouse.

2. An extension will be for 3 years, IHS for 3 years. She cannot choose and apply for a lesser time visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:12 pm

You are so quick CR001. Thanks for that.

1. Sorry, I couldn't get your answer. Will HO automatically link the PBS Dependent visa to the ILR holder though the details are not provided?

2. That was my earlier understanding too. However, the IHS page does have the option to select how long we want to pay the IHS. In this page we can mention the date to which we want to pay the IHS. E.g. if we select 30-Sep-2017 to 30-Jun-2018, the IHS comes as 200 for each applicant. Our question is, is this the correct way to select the visa duration, as they don't need the PBS Dependent visa for 3 years - which wills save some money for us too.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:17 pm

1. She applied for her current visa as your dependent, HO will have this on their system.

2. If you are applying for a 3 year extension, you have to pay IHS for 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks CR001.

Regarding question 2, I am going to ask my friend to select 1 year in the IHS section to proceed further in the application form, so that the dependents will receive 1 year visa.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:46 pm

You can't choose the length of visa. The rules clearly state that a visa extension as PBS Dependent of a PBS migrant who got ILR after 5 years residence will be for 3 years.

Are you sure your friend is selecting the correct visa category? Just read your first post again, ICT dependents are exempt from IHS, they only need the IHS reference number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:18 am

Hi CR001,

He is using the correct form from the link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner. In the IHS page, it is asking for the visa end (expiry) date of the settled person (in my case my friend) to whom the dependants are joining. Here, if we give his Tier 2 ICT visa expiry date i.e 29-Sep-2017, the IHS comes as 0. But if we give his ILR expiry date (sometime in 2024), it comes to 1300 for each applicant. This is where we thought (rather assumed) we can give the expiry date for an year, so that they will get PBS dependant visa for an year. Please advice what date to enter here which I believe solve this question.

Thanks for your help CR001.

Many Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:24 am

She needs to apply for : Tier 2 ICT > Dependent > 3 Years

She must apply alone. Don't put ILR spouse details in. Do IHS reference number separately on the IHS page instead of the application process.

She cannot choose a lesser time. An extension will be for 3 years as written in the immigration rules.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks CR001.

As suggested, we did go through the IHS page separately i.e not along with the application form.
As you said earlier correctly, the IHS came as zero for the PBS dependants, based on their visa route.

However, here also we have the option of adding the person to whom the dependants are joining. Here it is asking for that person's visa expiry date. If we enter my friend's earlier ICT visa expiry date of 29-Sep-2017, the IHS comes as zero. However, if we enter the ILR expiry date which is in 2024, the IHS came to 1400 per applicant.

Agreed, you have asked not to enter the ILR holder's details in the IHS, I may be wrong but I was bit sceptical about not being giving the details when the option is given by HO :( .

Thanks again for your kind inputs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm

DO NOT add your ILR details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)