ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Hello Peeru2,
dont worry bro, Soon you will get to know the latest status of your application. let them work their own way. i hope it will be good news for you. So man just relax :)
can you share with us what docs you sent for EC? how many points you claimed and how you are gona proov them in EC? from where you are applying and also your profession etc. so might be some senior memebrs can put some light on your case.

hi again Anwar, i agree with Immad plz search little about this rather than taking risk, in my personal openion Afidavet will be fine instead of nothing.

Regards,
Kash

kkashif
Newly Registered

Post by kkashif » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:24 pm

hi members

my hsmp has been approved two month before. now i am applying for EC. i want to share your experience regarding time limits. in fact i am going to attend my training at Canada in april first week, i had got canada visa now i just wondering should i apply for EC before going to canada(only 25 days) or after that. kindly share your opinion.

regards

kkashif

peeru2
Newly Registered

Post by peeru2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:24 pm

softlogic20 wrote:Hello Peeru2,
dont worry bro, Soon you will get to know the latest status of your application. let them work their own way. i hope it will be good news for you. So man just relax :)
can you share with us what docs you sent for EC? how many points you claimed and how you are gona proov them in EC? from where you are applying and also your profession etc. so might be some senior memebrs can put some light on your case.

hi again Anwar, i agree with Immad plz search little about this rather than taking risk, in my personal openion Afidavet will be fine instead of nothing.

Regards,
Thx softlogic20 well I’ve just received email from UK consulate that,
“I can confirm that your application has been referred for further enquiries, replies are yet to be received. We apologise for the delay in processing your applicationâ€

peeru2
Newly Registered

Post by peeru2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:34 pm

kkashif wrote:hi members

my hsmp has been approved two month before. now i am applying for EC. i want to share your experience regarding time limits. in fact i am going to attend my training at Canada in april first week, i had got canada visa now i just wondering should i apply for EC before going to canada(only 25 days) or after that. kindly share your opinion.

regards

kkashif
Dear kkashif,

Now a days they are taking long time just like mine its now exactly one month and my case is still in process.In my opinion dont take risk to apply now or if u really wanna apply now then u have to extend ur date to visit Canada.up to you buddy coz may be they'll send ur passport in 5 days luckily abut it can be extended and for how long ! its up to them.
Good luck.

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:05 am

Hi Peeru,

Can you please tell how much a furnished room cost to you. Actually, I have the approved HSMP status and reluctant to apply for EC untill I have some job offer. Living in UK for long while searching for a job would be pretty expensive. What I have learned from various threads in "Employments and Job in UK" forum that it is very difficult to get a job in UK now a days. Resigning from a well settled job is breath taking especially when you don't have anything in hand.

Since I don't know any one close to me in UK, I will also either have to live in a hotel or hostel for quite some time in a scenario when I won't get any offer and have no other choice than to visit UK. I am also thinking to come UK alone initially and then bring my wife and daughter. I am afraid of facing any problem in applying EC for family lateron so wanted to apply with me.

Regards,.....Azfer

mrrajawasim

Post by mrrajawasim » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi guys....
here z a lil query, ma previous passport had been expired in 2005 do i need to send it along with ma new passport for EC??or only its details r enuf in VAF2???

Regards.

peeru2
Newly Registered

Post by peeru2 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Azfer wrote:Hi Peeru,

Can you please tell how much a furnished room cost to you. Actually, I have the approved HSMP status and reluctant to apply for EC untill I have some job offer. Living in UK for long while searching for a job would be pretty expensive. What I have learned from various threads in "Employments and Job in UK" forum that it is very difficult to get a job in UK now a days. Resigning from a well settled job is breath taking especially when you don't have anything in hand.

Since I don't know any one close to me in UK, I will also either have to live in a hotel or hostel for quite some time in a scenario when I won't get any offer and have no other choice than to visit UK. I am also thinking to come UK alone initially and then bring my wife and daughter. I am afraid of facing any problem in applying EC for family lateron so wanted to apply with me.

Regards,.....Azfer
Hi Azfer,
Room rent is deferred from location wise, what I’m paying is 350 pound a month with everything like Internet and all utilities and its furnished off-course. It’s on west side in London. I sagest you to go to www.loot.co.uk that site will help you in every way of living in UK.
And bro you don’t worry about job now a day’s UK is a main HUB and I’m sure nobody takes long to get the best job of their lives. Until and unless one can demonstrate the right kind of work and knowledge in his/her field. Try www.reeds.co.uk and www.monster.co.uk I got some why don’t anyone else. Be positive buddy. But the main hurdle is EC I hope you’ll cross that line without much trouble. Good luck.

And dear mrrajawasim u have to submit every passport within 10 years. This is what Gerry’s told us, I have submitted my previous 4 passport.
Take care all of you.

immaad

Post by immaad » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Another possibility is to send your registration cards along with your documents which shows that you actually took the exam and these are your own documents. But you may not possess your registration card now ... ? Any other document? I remember there are a lot of small receipts and documents before a board level exam.
softlogic20 wrote:Hello Peeru2,

Regards,

inlondon2005

I GOT EC

Post by inlondon2005 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:01 pm

YES BY THE GRACE OF ALLMIGHTY ALLAH, I GOT EC today..

EC Applied: 13 FEB
Visa Stamped: 4 MAR
Passport Received: 11 MAR
ENTRY: HSMP Multi 2 years

Thanks for all the support and help, keep helping others..

back to london...

peeru2
Newly Registered

Re: I GOT EC

Post by peeru2 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:51 am

inlondon2005 wrote:YES BY THE GRACE OF ALLMIGHTY ALLAH, I GOT EC today..

EC Applied: 13 FEB
Visa Stamped: 4 MAR
Passport Received: 11 MAR
ENTRY: HSMP Multi 2 years

Thanks for all the support and help, keep helping others..

back to london...
Congratulations and best of luck. :)

inlondon2005

Thanx

Post by inlondon2005 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:59 am

Thanks to all

kkashif
Newly Registered

Post by kkashif » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:10 am

thnaks peeru

i will apply ec after coming back from canada, you are right we never know about processing time duration.

regards

kkashif

saby

Post by saby » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 am

Hello All,

I reached uk last evening.

I assure you guys that there is NO need for protector stamp. I did not have it on my passport and no one bothered. If you guys wanna waste money, time and energy going for it, be my guest but you will be fine without it.

Regards

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi Azfer,
Room rent is deferred from location wise, what I’m paying is 350 pound a month with everything like Internet and all utilities and its furnished off-course. It’s on west side in London. I sagest you to go to www.loot.co.uk that site will help you in every way of living in UK.
And bro you don’t worry about job now a day’s UK is a main HUB and I’m sure nobody takes long to get the best job of their lives. Until and unless one can demonstrate the right kind of work and knowledge in his/her field. Try www.reeds.co.uk and www.monster.co.uk I got some why don’t anyone else. Be positive buddy. But the main hurdle is EC I hope you’ll cross that line without much trouble. Good luck.

And dear mrrajawasim u have to submit every passport within 10 years. This is what Gerry’s told us, I have submitted my previous 4 passport.
Take care all of you.
Thanks peeru2, your response is much appreciated. Will explore the recommended websites.

Saby,

Please share your experience for job search and response from employer.

Regards,.....Azfer

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:19 pm

hi saby

can you please tell me from which airport in pak you departed??

also your EC took how many days ??

good luck

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Congratulations inlondon2005

Best of luck Saby

I have a question regarding tax documents. I have four documents to prove I pay taxes
1. Tax Deduction certificate from Jul'06 - Jul'07
2. Letter from employer stating how much tax I have paid since Jul'07
3. Bank statement showing salary credit equals tax deducted in pay slips
4. NTN Certificate

Do you think there is any other document I need to show how much tax I am paying. Please advise.

Thanks,
Nabsha

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:31 pm

You are paying how much tax is not the point in issue. First prescribed document in support of earning is tax return duly filed with the income tax department.None of four documents mentioned can be substitute of income tax return return.
Requirement of tax return can be waived only where there is no tax system.
Approval without a tax return would be a miracle.

nabsha

Thanks a ton JAMI

Post by nabsha » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:49 am

Thanks a ton JAMI for your crucial piece of advice. I have realized the importance of Tax documents from a few threads in this forum. I have this one last question in my mind.

I know I will sound a totally newbie but I would appreciate If anyone can help,

"How can I get the tax return document?", I live in Islamabad and I have recently made my NTN Number. I called the FBR office and there was a typical government job officer on the phone. I could not learn anything on how to help myself in this situation. The FBR site is also not very helpful. I am a salaried individual.
Thanks for any help.

Regards,
-Nabsha
Last edited by nabsha on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

majic

Post by majic » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:14 am

nabsha,

Since last year i.e. 2008-08 CBR (Central Board Of Revenue) advertised that Salaied individuals need not file an Income Tax Return if their employer files an annual tax return.

Therefore salaried individuals like me and you did not had to file a TAX RETURN. But if one wanted to he or she could file a tax return. I did file my income tax return only to use it as in evidence for HSMP.

If you did not file it last year i.e by 30 September 2007 than you cannot file a tax return now till Financial Year 08 ends in june and you employer files an annual Tax return in August. So u can only file an ITR in September 2008.

Need to fillup a form called ITR-2 attach along with it your employer's Salary certificate and file the return with the local CBR office in Islamabad.

Regards

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:36 am

This is form case workers' official guideline for assessing Previous Earning of an applicant:

##########
Required evidence

In order to demonstrate the total annual salary before tax the applicant should provide
both:

• Their income tax return covering their chosen period of up to twelve months
in the fifteen months either prior to Work Permits (UK) receiving their
application or prior to them commencing full-time study. If the tax year does
not cover the full period claimed, or the applicant has not yet received any tax
return, then other corroborating evidence is required for the period(s) not
covered. NB – In many cases a personal tax return covering the entire period
will not be available. Alternative documents from the list in Annex B will be
accepted. Self-assessment tax documents should not be accepted, as they are
not independent; AND
• Wage slips covering the entire period being claimed up to a maximum of
twelve months. Caseworkers should discard any allowances paid that are not
declared on the wage slip.
#######

I don't think you do not have a good chance of getting your case approved without an Income Tax return. You can mention in your application that for salaried individuals whose employers deduct tax from their salary do not need to submit Tax retrun as per CBR guidelines. But you have to provide other evidences i.e.

1) Original Salary Slips ( signed and stumpped)
2) Letter from the Employer stating your Gross and Net earning for 12 months period
3) Original Bank Statemetn

Best regards

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:43 am

Also please see Annex B of Previous Earnings guideline:

############
Annex B - Evidence Required in Support of Previous Earnings

Required evidence for those who have been in salaried employment

Both the following:

• Income tax returns covering the period claimed for;
• Wage slips covering the period claimed for.

Evidence for those who can produce only one of the above, or the tax return
does not cover the full period claimed

Either or both the following covering periods claimed for:

• Bank statements covering the period claimed for;
• Letter from employer stating salary.

Evidence for those who cannot produce the evidence above

Both of the following:

• Bank statements covering the period claimed for;
• Letter from employer stating salary
############

Best regards

UZS
Newly Registered

why Ec is getting late

Post by UZS » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:12 am

congradulation inlondon2005

I have applied for Ec on 12-02-08 but didnot recieve any call from them even no call to my office ,could u tell me wen did they call to ur office for verification or they did not at all.

Anyone who have applied a month ago and did not recive the call in the office yet.

inlondon2005

Imp

Post by inlondon2005 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:26 am

HI UZS,

BHC didn't call my previous employer at any stage. Most of the consultants think that, those cases in which one is switching his/her visa status HSMP in or outside UK by showing past earnings has required little verification checks as compare to current job/salaried individuals.
and in my case I was on Student visa.

hope that will help.

shah175

Please help me regarding the UK Postal order!

Post by shah175 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Assalamo Alekum

Please help me all u experienced people regarding the UK Postal order, How and from where to make UK postal order in KHI. Currently Im in Ethiopia doing job here, I want my wife to make a UK postal Order in Karachi and send me here so i can send my Application with UK postal order and all documents. Please also advice me is it possible or not or i will have to send application from Pakistan only as i m Paki citizen. Please advice

Thanks in advance.

peeru2
Newly Registered

Re: why Ec is getting late

Post by peeru2 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:01 pm

UZS wrote:congradulation inlondon2005

I have applied for Ec on 12-02-08 but didnot recieve any call from them even no call to my office ,could u tell me wen did they call to ur office for verification or they did not at all.

Anyone who have applied a month ago and did not recive the call in the office yet.
hi UZS, My apply date was 11 Feb, and I received inquiry call today in my office on 14th March.Don't worry they are late now a days in many cases.Unfortunately I was not in office today because of the strike in Karachi.I got update from my office administration.They asked about salary and time duration and as well as my designation.

Its not necessary that they call to everyone....hopefully you'll receive ur passport with visa stamp without any inquiry. anywayz best of Luck..

regards
peeru