ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past Earnings in Multiple Countries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Past Earnings in Multiple Countries

Post by daylebo5 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi I just want to confirm the below.
If during the 12 month I am considering for 'Past Earnings'; I was paid in Indian salary for 8 1/2 months and was on secondment abroad for the rest 3 1/2 months.
Hence in this case the Indian salary would be taken on pro-rata basis.
However would you have to take 9 months to calculate pro-rata for the india salary or will is be exactly 8 1/2 months ? (since for 1/2 month i was paid india salary while during the other 1/2, i got foreign salary)

Any ideas ?

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:57 pm

I would suggest you to call up the homeoffice and confirm this.
or send a mail to the homeoffice

rely

Re: Past Earnings in Multiple Countries

Post by rely » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:42 am

Prorate only 8 months salary.
rely

daylebo5 wrote:Hi I just want to confirm the below.
If during the 12 month I am considering for 'Past Earnings'; I was paid in Indian salary for 8 1/2 months and was on secondment abroad for the rest 3 1/2 months.
Hence in this case the Indian salary would be taken on pro-rata basis.
However would you have to take 9 months to calculate pro-rata for the india salary or will is be exactly 8 1/2 months ? (since for 1/2 month i was paid india salary while during the other 1/2, i got foreign salary)

Any ideas ?

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:09 am

thanks people for the replies...

rely,
If i prorata for the 8 months.. what would happen to the 9th month (i.e. where I get paid in two currencies..) i assume they would want me to include this in some salary...

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 am

In Tier 1 - General there is not pro rata on any type of Earnings. Please read Tier 1 guidance notes, page 10 paragraph 73.
You have to convert all your earnings in GBP and then multiply it with uplifting factor (for india it is 5.3) and add it up to get your salary for all currencies in which you have made your earnings.

Actually Para 66 to 144(of Tier 1 guidance notes) will help you a lot in doing these calculations.

(For HSMP case is different)

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:54 am

i'm not yet familiar with the detailed rules for tier 1.. so will give it a read..
thanks a ton..