ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is moving to UK from USA worth it in my situation? Help pls.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:25 pm

are u willing to take the risk, considering what it will cost you if things go pear shaped.

consider the possibility of coming here, initial visa costs plus later renewal costs if u decide to stay longer, relocation costs, job search costs, initial relocation expenses, insurance for the time you are unemployed, and if you dont get a job for many months or for almost a year like some people i know encountered (and mind you they were postgraduate doctors and had done very well academically abroad and hadnt thought that they would have difficulty getting jobs). can you bear the financial burden of being unemployed for many months (a likely possibilty) and imagine having to go back with a big dent in your finances. is that a risk you want to take.

if you want to take it then the world is yours, nothing stopping you. how ever if u dont want to take such risks then best to stay put and try to do better where u are.

u seem to suggest that at present u have more friends in london that whre u r. odd. may be u r just feeling low and thinking moving here will make it better. maybe it would be better if u made more effort at having more friends there. and u can still catch those cheap flights and see the world on short visits.

best of luck what ever u decide

plus points in uk- nhs, less working hours especially since u will be in nhs, more annual leave than in usa, closer 2 europe if u want to c more of europe and can catch short haul flights for extended weekends. u wont be able to do that often from usa at same costs. last but not the least what if it cliks with the man u r interested in. if u dont try uk then u might always regret it. the choice is yours

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:32 pm

come my friend enjoy heaven but u have to die

it is rightly said u can not enjoy heaven without death.

all those r from end 2003 to now 99 % have betryed by HO, no ILR

JUST PAY £££ FOR VISA ,once on visa no JOBS , British jobs for British people

notjobs for hsmpians

some r lucky but how many surely 1 in 10000 rest are just breathing with no life.

still u want die

welcome to heaven

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 pm

hey sunny, she is not looking to move here permanently like u. she just wants to see the world. so ILR issues wont bother her.

by the way many HSMPs have done well, many extremely well. yes the ILR issue is a downer and so is the retrospective rules. but shit happens, life goes on, hopefully the JR will change things, if not no worries atleast on my part, life goes on. i came to see the world as well and no regrets.