ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gah2000
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by gah2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi all,

May I please ask which email address of the HO are you sending these queries? I'd like to send one to enquiring about my wife's application.

I have had a mail acknowledging receipt of the application at the end of July and then had all the papers retuned back last week, 19th August. Biometric was done in early July and supporting documents were sent to Sheffield on 14 July. I am very confused and concerned.

Thanks.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi

From where your wife applied. Was it priority or standard application ??

You can contact UKVI through this link

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Email and phone calls are both paid services and give generic replies.

You can also ask your MP to get an update from UKVI.

Good luck.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi there,

Is anyone who applied in late 2016 or early 2017 still waiting for a decision?

I applied for a spouse settlement visa in Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision, so would like to know who else is waiting from this time period.

Thanks and God Bless everyone

TheDoc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TheDoc » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi Guys;

Seems like the majority, if not all - are applying via Sheffield.
Are there any folk that are not applying to Sheffield, I would like to hear from you your timelines.

Many thanks

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi Christ-Believer

I have been waiting since Jan 2017.

Stil no updates

Sara h
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Sara h » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Cherrypickle wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:50 pm
Sara h wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:31 pm
Hi,

These are the same question they asked me about my job as I have two jobs, my interview lasted 60 min this was on 28/06/2017 until now I haven't heard anything
A whole hour?!! Wow that's a scary thought.. how in depth did you have to go with your answers? Was it more about your second job or about both?

Hi cherrypickle
Yes my interview did last an hour, is was really scary and confusing at the same time my husband was being interviewed in India, I really thought they will be asking about our relationship but they didn't it was all about both off my jobs, they even asked me what web pages do I uses and what computer do we have at the job. At some answers I did get confused!

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi there,

I applied for a spouse settlement visa in Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision, so would like to know who else is waiting from this time period.

yes i applied on 19th january 2017 and still waiting for a decision.

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi hadeea and Mehmoods87,

What action have you taken whilst waiting?

Are you self-employed or employed and from what country did you apply from?

sol2uk
Newly Registered

Post by sol2uk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi Christ Believer,

I applied 19/12/2016 VFS New Delhi.
It is now 180 workings days since we applied.

Following increased calls and emails, which I think by and large are a waste of time and money, I got a unsatisfactory response to my escalation from UKVI today:

"Dear ******** **********

Regarding Visa Application: GWF**********(
For ******* **********

Thank you for your enquiry

As we advised you previously, following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved. The reason for this pause was to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement.
There are additional application requirements that may have not been met which also mean that the application is put on hold for this reason and we cannot disclose which aspect of the rules this has been placed on hold for.”
As a result UKVI was unable to process your application, now cases are no longer being placed on hold and we are working through these cases. Unfortunately there are many applications currently on hold and it will take some time to complete all the assessments. As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
FRG

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK"

----------

The only thing escalating is my blood pressure and number of grey hairs lol

I am starting to think that the Home Office are going to do what they want and on their own timescale despite our efforts and hardships. In fact they seem to be making some nice money off it and other visa applications according to an article published in the Guardian newspaper a few days ago.

I have gone through feelings of depression, despair, anguish and anger. I have decided that I just have to lower my expectations of a response for our case in the next 2 to 3 months while they work through the hold applications. As a believer, my conviction in my faith gives me patience and strength in times of hardship and I contemplate how unfortunately some people's life circumstances are much more challenging than mine, yet they hold their heads up high and smile in the face of adversity with courageous and patient hearts and I try to count my blessings day and night despite this personal challenge of patience caused by HO incompetence and incessant red tape.

I believe what is destined for us will reach us when and only when Almighty God decrees it and He always knows what is best for me and my wife, what is meant to ours and when. I leave my trust and my heart in His blessed Hands.
Wishing everyone of faith and no faith the best. Sometimes one decries the state of the world and the lack of humanity and compassion and love.

Sorry for the long, philosophical msg!

Ricky147
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by Ricky147 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:48 am

To all members who applied settlement visa for their spouse please don't give your money to these
Home office looters on emails and and phones as you only get auto responses you can't avail nothing apart from wasting money I applied on 25 augsut 2017 standard application and I am ready to wait at least 8 months before I ll contact my MP
If you applied wait and watch and be patient as the British home office is a big BKACK MAILNG company who black mail innocent people's so don't get black mailed by them and don't pay extra money to them

Please save you money I can only give a advice to all of you
We all together make difference don't pay them on calls
They create that system so they hold applications and make money by contact centre
If your case is genuine and right don't worry about that and wait
AT THE END YOU GET GOOD RESULT
please again don't waste you hard earned money to these BLACK MAILERS
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU READING MY THIS LONG MASG

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:22 am

Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm
Hi hadeea and Mehmoods87,

What action have you taken whilst waiting?

Are you self-employed or employed and from what country did you apply from?
hi,
my spouse applied from pakistan lahore in january. i m full time employed in a legal firm. i don't know why they delayed my application, may be cause is my recent marriage, i just applied after few weeks of my marriage.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 am

Hi,
We applied on 18th January Priority. We got the same stupid email response we are working through blaa blaa.. Waste money on this crap so many times. Spoke to solicitor, they even said nothing they can do...There is nothing other than wait I guess. Worst organisation ever encountered with..

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 am

frazy325 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 am
Hi,
We applied on 18th January Priority. We got the same stupid email response we are working through blaa blaa.. Waste money on this crap so many times. Spoke to solicitor, they even said nothing they can do...There is nothing other than wait I guess. Worst organisation ever encountered with..
Hi
I applied in January 18th too. Still waiting for a decision.
Did you get not straightforward email on march?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:27 am

Has anybody heard from HO who got a not straightforward email and a call aswell ??

Cherrypickle
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrypickle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 am

Hi cherrypickle
Yes my interview did last an hour, is was really scary and confusing at the same time my husband was being interviewed in India, I really thought they will be asking about our relationship but they didn't it was all about both off my jobs, they even asked me what web pages do I uses and what computer do we have at the job. At some answers I did get confused!
[/quote]

How long have u been working for the both jobs? Wow, that is scary! I don't pay attention to things like that, guess I should start! 😩

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 am

bham wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm
Hi to all

I applied in March 3 biomatric
Sent paper Sheffield on 14 march
Got hold and not straightforward email in may
Email last week about status reply from ho
U r application is being considered and currently awaiting for decision.

Anyone know how long will take after that
They send hold email but when we call ukvi
They never mention about hold
I think they just send people without any reason
Only because they want more time to take.
How come, did they ask you for any documents? It shouldn't take that long. You working two jobs? You have any kids? Documents, Two jobs, kids?

ChristinaBG
Newly Registered

Post by ChristinaBG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am

Hi, yes I m apply 19 December 16 in UK.... still awaiting a decision from 19 April...(((((( 8,5 moths..

Christ-Believer wrote:
Hi there,

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:54 am

ChristinaBG wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am
Hi, yes I m apply 19 December 16 in UK.... still awaiting a decision from 19 April...(((((( 8,5 moths..

Christ-Believer wrote:
Hi there,

That is a mighty long time, hope you get decision soon. Why is it taking so long? I heard that having kids can complicate stuff.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:04 am

ChristinaBG wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am
Christina you have applied for Flr FP from within UK which usually takes longer from what I have read so far here and Google searches. Most of the people who posted here have applied spouse visa outside UK which should not take longer than 3 months as per UKVI published timelines but taking longer past few months.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:06 am

Hi Christ-Believer

I am employed and have 2 jobs.

Yes I have my local MP involved. They said my income didn't look sufficient so that's why my application went on hold.

My MP has submitted my proof of income again. ( 6 months payslips/Bank Statments/P60/employers letter/HMRC letter) this is for both jobs.

Last email MP received was because the case has been put on hold, there's nothing they can do and will contact me once the hold is lifted!

Well now the hold has been lifted.. Let's wait and see what there reply is. Can take upto 20 days for the HO to reply.

So I will wait till this Friday.

Will keep u updated.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:13 am

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 am
bham wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm
Hi to all

I applied in March 3 biomatric
Sent paper Sheffield on 14 march
Got hold and not straightforward email in may
Email last week about status reply from ho
U r application is being considered and currently awaiting for decision.

Anyone know how long will take after that
They send hold email but when we call ukvi
They never mention about hold
I think they just send people without any reason
Only because they want more time to take.
How come, did they ask you for any documents? It shouldn't take that long. You working two jobs? You have any kids? Documents, Two jobs, kids?
Is your visa an FLR(FP), because those visa take longer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:34 am

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:13 am
Is your visa an FLR(FP), because those visa take longer.
Not sure why you assume it is an FLR(FP) application. All you had to do was look at users previous posts.
bham wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:38 pm
Settlement for Wife husband ILR

Application submitted standard(Online) : Feb 2017
Biometrics enrolled at VFS jalandhar , India: 03/03/17
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield (post) on: 14/03/17
Supporting documents acknowledged by Sheffield on : march17
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on: yes
Sponsor contacted by UKVI - NO
Interview done by UKVI: NO
Call ukvi few days ago reply awaiting.
Contacted with 'decision made' : NOT YET
Contacted for Collection : NOT YET
Collection made : NOT YET
Got two emails case not straight forward +hold in May. After that still waiting 5 months gone last month left not know what we can do next why hold email sent. Not any proper reason.
Anyone can help who got hold email after they got there visa plz advice.
Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:34 am
Not sure why you assume it is an FLR(FP) application. All you had to do was look at users previous posts.
He/she would have had to go back quiet a bit to find that post. Probably easier to ask again and I'm sure many other people were thinking the same question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am

usmanj wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:34 am
He/she would have had to go back quiet a bit to find that post. Probably easier to ask again and I'm sure many other people were thinking the same question.
Not really, simply click on a users name and it brings up their posting history. The piece I quoted was from a timeline topic and took less than a minute to find. It is not rocket science!

This is why these topics such as this one become so low value and tedious and end up running into 100s of 1000s of pages (I sure can dig up older topics that have run into more than 1,300 pages of mindless non value posts) and are often locked, with the same repetitive questions asked over and over and over again. Members simply too lazy to read or search before posting repetitive one liners like 'any updates', 'where you apply', 'nothing yet bro', 'don't know what to do...', 'pls post your timelines for us'.

And for anyone that actually DOES read every post, you will have seen I have posted a few times for people to say this topic is for spouse visa only not complex FLR(FP) posts or questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am
Not really, simply click on a users name and it brings up their posting history. The piece I quoted was from a timeline topic and took less than a minute to find. It is not rocket science!

This is why these topics such as this one become so low value and tedious and end up running into 100s of 1000s of pages (I sure can dig up older topics that have run into more than 1,300 pages of mindless non value posts) and are often locked, with the same repetitive questions asked over and over and over again. Members simply too lazy to read or search before posting repetitive one liners like 'any updates', 'where you apply', 'nothing yet bro', 'don't know what to do...', 'pls post your timelines for us'.

And for anyone that actually DOES read every post, you will have seen I have posted a few times for people to say this topic is for spouse visa only not complex FLR(FP) posts or questions.
I appreciate your forum skills and frustration but I think as a moderator you must remember that very few people on this forum are probably technical and thus won't really know what functionality the forum provides. Also the forum is full of highly emotional people who are going through a stressful time in their life, which we can't really do much about.