ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ripmygradschool
Newly Registered
Mood:
Thailand

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Ripmygradschool » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:52 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm
Ripmygradschool wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 pm
So I have phoned the International Enquiry Service 4 hours ago and get a confirmation that they have made a decision on my application (yeah!), but they might take 10 more working days for the decision to reach me (wtf!?).

I have applied with priority service from Japan on 17 September. Unfortunately, the Visa is being processed in the Philippines (wtf Japan? You are supposed to have everything) and there are like 3 public holidays during that period (just kill me).

Anyone has a similar experience or any idea why it would take another 10 days for they to process that Visa? The staff refuses to comment on anything other than the fact that they have made a decision on my application (sad) and that my information has been added on their database on 1 September.
bruv did you get an email that a decision was made? or you called then they told you? btw you meant 17 august right haha
Yep 17 August. I phoned them to ask for an update 5 hours ago.

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Ripmygradschool wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:52 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Ripmygradschool wrote:
So I have phoned the International Enquiry Service 4 hours ago and get a confirmation that they have made a decision on my application (yeah!), but they might take 10 more working days for the decision to reach me (wtf!?).

I have applied with priority service from Japan on 17 September. Unfortunately, the Visa is being processed in the Philippines (wtf Japan? You are supposed to have everything) and there are like 3 public holidays during that period (just kill me).

Anyone has a similar experience or any idea why it would take another 10 days for they to process that Visa? The staff refuses to comment on anything other than the fact that they have made a decision on my application (sad) and that my information has been added on their database on 1 September.
bruv did you get an email that a decision was made? or you called then they told you? btw you meant 17 august right haha
well if a decision is made it should be back soon no sweats on that. so the decision was made and sheffield/ur visa agent didnt drop you an email to notify you at all?

Alishba555
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alishba555 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:12 pm

I am also sailing in the same boat.
Visa application 17july
Biometrics. 31 July
No reply till now :(

sewanlewan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by sewanlewan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Ripmygradschool wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Ripmygradschool wrote:

I actually applied on a similar date. Can I know when you received the email saying "Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer." ? I got mine just 4 days ago so I don't think I'll be getting my visa soon

Alishba555
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alishba555 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:13 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:35 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:29 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:36 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:24 pm

communications@vfsglobal.com
what exactly u send them?
Basically what i've been saying here for the past month. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I don't know wt I'm supposed to do rite nw..
Aerobalag when did u applied.

Ripmygradschool
Newly Registered
Mood:
Thailand

Post by Ripmygradschool » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm

sewanlewan wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:13 pm
Ripmygradschool wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Ripmygradschool wrote:

I actually applied on a similar date. Can I know when you received the email saying "Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer." ? I got mine just 4 days ago so I don't think I'll be getting my visa soon
I actially got mine on 18 August.

Archeer
Newly Registered

Post by Archeer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Ripmygradschool wrote:

Hey Ripmygradschool (nice username btw :mrgreen: )

I have applied from Amman/Jordan with a priority service too. but mine was on 21 Aug. Can you give me the International Enquiry service phone number please? and how much it cost by min? btw did you checked the online tracker?

good luck. finger crossed. :mrgreen:

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm

helleravinas wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:35 pm
This is what my university told meh .I applied on July 19th

Dear Avinash

Thanks for your email and enquiry. I have contacted UKVI yesterday but I have just spoken with our account manager today who has advised she will have it escalated with their entry clearance team as soon as possible.

As soon as I have any further information, I will be in touch. As a reminder, please do not arrange any travel until you have received a decision on your visa application, confirmed that the information on your visa is correct and that you have have received your passport and documents back.
@helleravinas: You got any updates?

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Archeer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 pm
Ripmygradschool wrote:

Hey Ripmygradschool (nice username btw :mrgreen: )

I have applied from Amman/Jordan with a priority service too. but mine was on 21 Aug. Can you give me the International Enquiry service phone number please? and how much it cost by min? btw did you checked the online tracker?

good luck. finger crossed. :mrgreen:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Alishba555 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:13 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:35 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:29 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:36 pm

what exactly u send them?
Basically what i've been saying here for the past month. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I don't know wt I'm supposed to do rite nw..
Aerobalag when did u applied.
application submit= 9th july
biometric- 12th july
eco - 20th july
nothing after that

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by danielloso19 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm

anyone going to university of huddersfield who has received visa, i applied since 13/07/2017 from nigeria. and not received any feedback from ukvi

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:02 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm
helleravinas wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:35 pm
This is what my university told meh .I applied on July 19th

Dear Avinash

Thanks for your email and enquiry. I have contacted UKVI yesterday but I have just spoken with our account manager today who has advised she will have it escalated with their entry clearance team as soon as possible.

As soon as I have any further information, I will be in touch. As a reminder, please do not arrange any travel until you have received a decision on your visa application, confirmed that the information on your visa is correct and that you have have received your passport and documents back.
@helleravinas: You got any updates?
I didn't got any updates. Do u know any 1 who got uk student visa recently here in nepal

Mohamed Raouf
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mohamed Raouf » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 am

Hey fellas,

I have applied from cairo egypt since the 10th of july 2017 and i sent tons of emails to the university and the uk visa center customer service, they told me two things:
1- that my application is under progress , that a decision is to be taken and my that my patience will be highly appreciated
2- further investigations need to be made and that will take up to 15 working days (starting from 23rd of august 2017)

My course has already begun (4 sep 2017), i canceled 2 flight tickets and the accommodation contract.

Don't know what to do, nobody seems to help and now trying to survive through the 57th calender day. 8 weeks have passed and yet no reply. Hope this doomed situation ends soon .

Mohamed Raouf
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mohamed Raouf » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:11 am

danielloso19 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm
anyone going to university of huddersfield who has received visa, i applied since 13/07/2017 from nigeria. and not received any feedback from ukvi
I have applied since the 10th of july with no reply till now , but i applied from cairo egypt and i was plannign to go to heriot watt, edinburgh

Deyjavu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Deyjavu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 am

Yes guys
Just to update you.. I phoned up today and was told that my application has been decided since the 31st of August and the decision will be with me in 10days. Hopefully before then because I paid for pirority service. My university resumes on the 15th of this month. So hopefully so many applications will be decided before resumption for people a waiting

Feeling even more nervous now about everything.

Who else is going to BPP

KuldeepKB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KuldeepKB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:39 am

Deyjavu wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 am
Yes guys
Just to update you.. I phoned up today and was told that my application has been decided since the 31st of August and the decision will be with me in 10days. Hopefully before then because I paid for pirority service. My university resumes on the 15th of this month. So hopefully so many applications will be decided before resumption for people a waiting

Who else is going to BPP
Hey I am also going to bpp uni waterloo campus , which course you have choosen?

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 am

Deyjavu wrote:
Yes guys

Who else is going to BPP
Hi so your visa service provider (vfs or TLS) did not send you an email to notify you when the decision was made on the 31st

Mohamed Raouf
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mohamed Raouf » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 am

Deyjavu wrote:
Yes guys

Who else is going to BPP
hey deyjavu,

just a question , you applied for a priority visa since the 13th of july 2017 and you are expected to receive the decision made within the next 10 days ? so this means those who didn't pay for a priority visa won't be able to get the decision until a while later ?!!!!

this is massively insane , hope this strange situation gets well soon

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 am

@MUGATIYA DID u call them today...any updates bro?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:16 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 am
@MUGATIYA DID u call them today...any updates bro?
No and no...

lavey

Post by lavey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 pm

I have received email from Uni stating that UKVI has used my CAS.Can someone tell how much time it will take more?

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 pm

lavey wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 pm
I have received email from Uni stating that UKVI has used my CAS.Can someone tell how much time it will take more?
whats ur timeline

lavey

Post by lavey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:24 pm

14 july 2017 - Scanned and biometric

Mohamed Raouf
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mohamed Raouf » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:27 pm

arlo112 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:47 pm
muneebnaseem wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 am
Anyone applied before 14th July and still waiting for a decision?
Well yes!!

I applied on 10th of July still waiting... dang I'm done😆

Today I went to VFS to Check whether my passport has been returned by a chance, no luck at all 😫 And they were really helpless. They said you will be informed by mssg and email to collect your passport.

So what am going to do is wait... until they get back to me 😐.
Keep updating guys 🙌🏽
The same exact condition here , i applied on the 10th of july and no response. I sent a huge number of emails one time they told me that my patience will be highly appreciated and another time is that investigations need to be made . MY course has already started yesterday (4 sep 2017) and don't know what to do

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Mohamed Raouf wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:27 pm
arlo112 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:47 pm
muneebnaseem wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 am
Anyone applied before 14th July and still waiting for a decision?
Well yes!!

I applied on 10th of July still waiting... dang I'm done😆

Today I went to VFS to Check whether my passport has been returned by a chance, no luck at all 😫 And they were really helpless. They said you will be informed by mssg and email to collect your passport.

So what am going to do is wait... until they get back to me 😐.
Keep updating guys 🙌🏽
The same exact condition here , i applied on the 10th of july and no response. I sent a huge number of emails one time they told me that my patience will be highly appreciated and another time is that investigations need to be made . MY course has already started yesterday (4 sep 2017) and don't know what to do
try to contact your university and use the call line instead. emails are quite useless