ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:39 am

alphagear wrote:
leexian wrote:FLRFP partner & british child (10yrs)
Application sent..... 17/08/2016.
Application received ....19/08/16
Biometric letter received ---- 08/09/2016
Biometric enrolled ---- 09/09/2016
Additional information request--- 16/02/2017
checked online it was awaiting decision 12/04/2017
called my solicitor that its almost 1yr prior to my application. my solicitor write a letter to HO on 19/07/2017, and Requested more information on 02/08/2017.

Decision --- Granted 14/08/2017

just waiting for BRP.. goodluck everyone..
Did you meet financial requirement 18600?
This thread is for timeline. Members must refrain from asking questions in it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mister123

Post by mister123 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Application: british wife and british child
Submitted: 04/05/17

For the last 3 months its showing on online status checking updated on 09/06/17.

I checked today application status updated on 17/08/17.

Taking this positively that atleast there is some movement going on with my application.

Good luck to all of us who are still waiting.

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 pm

I've not heard anything from them, they did not respond to mine, my MP's or my solicitor's letter. I don't know what else I can do now, I've phoned them up and after waiting for about 45 mins I was told that there is no specific timescale for my case :x Should I send them an email too? Can someone please tell me their email address?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 pm

@koolkate, the only thing to do is to simply wait. I know it's very, very hard.

It is now... 1 year since application was sent (whohoo in a very sarcastic tone)

On Monday I called the HO who sent my details to the referral team - yet to hear from them.

Today had strong words with my solicitor as I don't know how much longer we can expect to wait.

She explained we have actually submitted an FLR FP based on the private life of my husband, however, we have varied it to a partner route so THIS may be why things are being delayed. As this is a discretionary type of application, we can apply for permission to work. If granted, this would mean an NI number, a bank account, a driving license and most importantly, good money in a skilled IT career.

The solicitor decided to call the HO then and there and put me on a conference call, they took our details and said they will either call or email back. She received a very generic response back from the contact centre stating the application is not completed yet and once a decision is made, we will be informed in writing. Day by day, we are waiting for news but I am not expecting anytime soon and I'm planning for a family soon. Happy to be the "man of the family" and earn for us until this is sorted.

It's been a very long wait especially when we applied a year ago today and expected something in Dec/Jan. 12 months on and the only thing we can do is WAIT and hope there is no stupid reason for rejection if we are rejected. I've always been told, no news is good news. But for how long will we walk down this road.. Hope everyone is doing well and please do post updates when you can guys. Much love.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Papasee
Newly Registered

Post by Papasee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:05 am

Hello .. I want to find out if people are able to work after applying for flr fp ..I've been waiting 5 months now and not staying at home is driving me crazy

imps

Post by imps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:34 am

Tamandua wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm
My application status is 'decided' but I haven't heard from the HO yet --It's been 15 days.
Is there anyone in the same boat?
Hi everyone...
Since 22th Aug 17 my flr fp application on 7 year child category online status changed as 'decided' any body facing the same please?

Butegs
Newly Registered

Post by Butegs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:01 pm

update on my FLR fp application
Also just checked my application status and it's showing 'decided' since the 24 August 2017. :lol:

Don't know how long I will get the decision letter looking at the timeline of others

J05h
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by J05h » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi guys,

Congratulations to those who have received your visa. However, to those who are still waiting for HO response like me, all I can say is to be patient. I share the same frustration for not being able to work and lead a 'normal' life. Below is my timeline for your reference:

FLR FP 10 YEARS (Private life as a Partner)
Application type: Premium Service (Inside UK)
Application date: 20/02/2017
Biometric and IHS all done on 20/02/2017
Result: Case not straightforward

Attended marriage interview on 30/03/2017
Additional information request: 03/04/2017 (letter dated 31/03/2017)
Additional information sent: 04/04/2017

Online tracker: Awaiting a decision (updated on 25/05/2017).

Contacted local MP for assistance on 13/06/2017. Received reply on 16/06/2017. MP made an enquiry to the HO. MP advised to get in touch if no news is being heard within 2 months.

HO replied MP on 05/07/2017 as saying that they were not able to provide a timescale.

Total waiting time: 6 months and 6 days.

If you are applying inside the UK and are trying to call 0300 123 2241 to enquire about the status of your application, please do not be anxious if no one answers your call. I tried calling at least 5 times a day since 26/05/2017 but to no avail. I only managed to talk to a representative on 18/08/2017 and that was to my surprise which I almost gave up calling them. Feedback obtained was 'to wait'.

NB: I am married to my partner who is a British citizen.

I hope my input helps some of you who are in the same boat with me.

Cheers,

J

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Butegs wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:01 pm
update on my FLR fp application
Also just checked my application status and it's showing 'decided' since the 24 August 2017. :lol:

Don't know how long I will get the decision letter looking at the timeline of others
Great news on that one, you should hear within 10 days of the application stating decided.

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

Butegs
Newly Registered

Post by Butegs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:05 pm

@ Bathanza thanks hope to also hear your update soon with a positive decision.

Will update my time line as soon I get my decision letter. good luck all

Abiy
Newly Registered

Post by Abiy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:01 am

bathanza wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 pm
@koolkate, the only thing to do is to simply wait. I know it's very, very hard.

It is now... 1 year since application was sent (whohoo in a very sarcastic tone)

On Monday I called the HO who sent my details to the referral team - yet to hear from them.

Today had strong words with my solicitor as I don't know how much longer we can expect to wait.

She explained we have actually submitted an FLR FP based on the private life of my husband, however, we have varied it to a partner route so THIS may be why things are being delayed. As this is a discretionary type of application, we can apply for permission to work. If granted, this would mean an NI number, a bank account, a driving license and most importantly, good money in a skilled IT career.

The solicitor decided to call the HO then and there and put me on a conference call, they took our details and said they will either call or email back. She received a very generic response back from the contact centre stating the application is not completed yet and once a decision is made, we will be informed in writing. Day by day, we are waiting for news but I am not expecting anytime soon and I'm planning for a family soon. Happy to be the "man of the family" and earn for us until this is sorted.

It's been a very long wait especially when we applied a year ago today and expected something in Dec/Jan. 12 months on and the only thing we can do is WAIT and hope there is no stupid reason for rejection if we are rejected. I've always been told, no news is good news. But for how long will we walk down this road.. Hope everyone is doing well and please do post updates when you can guys. Much love.

Hi Bathanza

same here, 12 months and 4 days since submission

contacted Solicitor and MP, they just said its a complicated route of application and falls outside the normal time frame (6 months). Called the home office and after 25 minutes of waiting they picked and take my details and promised they will call in 1-5 days about my case. They did call the next day; but the only thing they could tell me was my case is still in progress and i am expected to wait. I responded, how long from now am i expected to wait? their answer was " we can't say you just have to wait until decided".

Was wondering we could sign a petition on such clumsy mistreatment of our personal life?

please keep on sharing any updates.

Thanks

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:55 pm

imps wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:34 am
Tamandua wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm
My application status is 'decided' but I haven't heard from the HO yet --It's been 15 days.
Is there anyone in the same boat?
Hi everyone...
Since 22th Aug 17 my flr fp application on 7 year child category online status changed as 'decided' any body facing the same please?
Hi, my case is the same as yours. I've been waiting for over 2 years now and it's still saying awaiting decision updated May. Please let me know if there's any update on your case.

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:04 am

Hi everyone I'm new here :P and its nice to know that I can lessen my worry having some people on the same boat like me :D (as waiting game is a torture :roll: )

I applied for Flr FP British partner and British child we've been together since 2011 I overstayed as I came in UK in 2009 as student my beautiful daughter is 4 now and will start reception on the 6th of sept.I want to follow you guys as I'm preparing myself for a long wait now based on the waiting times that I've red here

Acknowledgement letter from Home office-July 27 2017
Biometric done. August 4,2017
Checked status online it says Awaiting a Decision

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:37 am

Why lie wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:57 pm
Tamandua wrote:
Why lie wrote:Hi , I was granted , 30 months under 5 year parent route yesterday , ( I was previously under the 10 year route )
I just checked the online tracking and still says awaiting decision . So please do not trust this website , it is not accurate . Thank you .

Congratulations you must be over the moon :D all the best

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Update: I called the HO again today. I was meant to get a call last week as I was referred. This was last Monday so they have 5 days to get back to me via a telephone call.

When I called, the agent said that the person who took my call didn't do it properly and will push it through the system. I wasn't too happy for yet again, another weeks' wait and wanted some escalation. He apologised and said that there has been new staff at the centre. I asked him if it's the same for caseworkers, as I have been waiting 1 year and 1 week for an answer.

He said there are thousands and thousands of cases on hold due to the court case this year. I said minimum income had nothing to do with my route but he said ALL FLR FP was affected and they are dealing with a backlog. And expect a 90-day processing time frame for each case again. I asked why aren't applicants notified of this, and he had no answer.

I received a call back from the case worker referral team and she politely repeated the same statement, the case is an out of time application and we must wait. Any questions on escalation, additional fees for priority or any other matters to speed up the process was denied and was "out of time" and we must wait. No timeframe, no update, nothing. She said the agent who advised me earlier was wrong in the court case ruling as the application does not meet that requirement as it's an out of time application.

I am not expecting a response from the HO this year, fed up of waiting and questioning them now. Can do nothing but wait, but have to say that those who have children involved that are from British Spouses, don't worry, the ruling favours you. My next update will be hopefully when I hear from them. But, considering submission of an FOI request to find out how many cases they have on at the moment and take it forward to the MP to formally complain.

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 am

bathanza wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm
Update: I called the HO again today. I was meant to get a call last week as I was referred. This was last Monday so they have 5 days to get back to me via a telephone call.

When I called, the agent said that the person who took my call didn't do it properly and will push it through the system. I wasn't too happy for yet again, another weeks' wait and wanted some escalation. He apologised and said that there has been new staff at the centre. I asked him if it's the same for caseworkers, as I have been waiting 1 year and 1 week for an answer.

He said there are thousands and thousands of cases on hold due to the court case this year. I said minimum income had nothing to do with my route but he said ALL FLR FP was affected and they are dealing with a backlog. And expect a 90-day processing time frame for each case again. I asked why aren't applicants notified of this, and he had no answer.

I received a call back from the case worker referral team and she politely repeated the same statement, the case is an out of time application and we must wait. Any questions on escalation, additional fees for priority or any other matters to speed up the process was denied and was "out of time" and we must wait. No timeframe, no update, nothing. She said the agent who advised me earlier was wrong in the court case ruling as the application does not meet that requirement as it's an out of time application.

I am not expecting a response from the HO this year, fed up of waiting and questioning them now. Can do nothing but wait, but have to say that those who have children involved that are from British Spouses, don't worry, the ruling favours you. My next update will be hopefully when I hear from them. But, considering submission of an FOI request to find out how many cases they have on at the moment and take it forward to the MP to formally complain.

Bless you its very very hard for all of us waiting,Bathanza im sure its all worth the wait but i know what exactly how you feel,i myslef feel sorry for my partner who is just earning money in the family I couldn't work I couldn't help him he spent a lot for solicitor and my visa fee plus the NHS surcharge all I'm doing now is praying that light will shine on us and bring all the positive results our way my 4 year old daughter keeps me going to face each day some days I feel so low

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am

bathanza wrote:

Did the caseworker referal team say the minimum income requirement affects flr fp?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 pm

alphagear wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am

Did the caseworker referal team say the minimum income requirement affects flr fp?
No, they didnt say anything about that at all. They have too much case load and not enough staff to process.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:17 pm

bathanza wrote:

@bathanza-sorry to hear regarding your disappointment with the HO. there is nothing really we can do but to wait.why is that so by the way you mentioned british children on british spouse favours the ruling?did the case worker mentioned regarding this?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:08 pm

mister123 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:17 pm
@bathanza-sorry to hear regarding your disappointment with the HO. there is nothing really we can do but to wait.why is that so by the way you mentioned british children on british spouse favours the ruling?did the case worker mentioned regarding this?
Hi guys - to be clear, I have not spoken to a case worker at all, it's whoever the referral case team are. Most FLR FP are successful when the best interest of children are involved in judgement, depends on each case - as well all know :)

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Papasee wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:05 am
Hello .. I want to find out if people are able to work after applying for flr fp ..I've been waiting 5 months now and not staying at home is driving me crazy
I think you can work if the visa is granted but can't work obviously while the application is on process
Last edited by Bencemia on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:41 pm

rankaseye wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm
bathanza wrote:
Tamandua wrote:
rankaseye wrote:my application status has changed since July 4 to decided and have benn checking my bank account since no refund and no letter received from the home office.. tried calling but they keep saying i should wait for the decision through the post.
That service is still in beta. When did you send your application? Did you apply as a partner, parent or private life?
rankaseye - do you mind posting your timeline? Generally, you should hear 10 days after the decision and as someone said before, watch out for IHS refund as that'll indicate rejection. Wish you all the very best.
yea sure,.
Applied for FLR(FP) partner, overstayed, on a visitors visa, husband is settled in UK, jus gave birth to a baby girl in April, 2017.
Application date: March 7th 2017
money deducted: 9 March 2017
Aknowledgement and biometrics received: 24/07/2017
checked status online: decided 4th July 2017
How many days you got your visa from the day you checked your status online that its decided?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Congrats to @waheedwaheed who has been granted his FLR visa, really pleased to hear some progress for some of us. Again, with a child in play, the visa should be granted (depending on circumstances)

imps

Post by imps » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi...flr fp refused on 7 year child,reason minimum income requirement was not met.
Very down.Son is now 8 and half, daughter close to 7, both born here never been abroad.I am living here since 2001. Although overstayed since 2009 always trying to regularized.
Any hope any how please?

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 pm

We had a phone call this afternoon from the Home Office "Croydon" asking if I would like to make an Asylum application. I said I would speak to my solicitor who's dealing my pending application. She gave me the phone number to call if I decided to apply for it. I rang my solicitor and he haven't got a clue at all he just said that it could be because they think my application meets the asylum criteria. But why would they asked me to apply for Asylum Claim if I already had an application?Is this normal? Does it mean my Flr FP application will be refused?

History
Overstayer since 2013 after civil partnership broke down(first partner), met my new partner back 2013 and been living together for more than 4 years now,

2014 applied for civil partnership dissolution and got the approval one year after(2015)

Timeline
24/09/16 -application sent for FLR FP unmarried same sex partner
19/10/16 - Biometric and Acknowledgment letter received. Dated 13/10/16
19/10/16 -Biometric done
Application status "awaiting decision " since April 11 with IHS number then "awaiting decision" with Royal Mail reference since April 21 .Not until 2 weeks ago the Royal Mail reference number all of a sudden can't recognised.