ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tracking the BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raspberrypi
Newly Registered
Sweden

Tracking the BRP

Post by raspberrypi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi,

I want to know if there is a way to track that my BRP has reached the post office or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tracking the BRP

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

No there is not.

Your arrival in the UK usually triggers the BRP delivery to PO process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raspberrypi
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by raspberrypi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Then why does the letter say that the BRP will be available from a certain date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:11 pm

The BRP is usually available from a certain date and one member posted that he picked it up within 2 days of arriving, others have posted that they have waited over a month to pick it up.

You cannot track it, you will need to go to your nominated PO and see if it is there, with your passport, once you arrive in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raspberrypi
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by raspberrypi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks CR001 for the reply.

I have another question related to this.

Because I am going to start my job in two months time due to my current engagements, I am visiting the UK on that 30 day vignette just to collect the BRP. I will not be able to stay there for too long to wait for it. My worry is that what if it does not arrive timely at the post office and I leave UK without it.

However, at the same time I have a UK visit visa (got it for the interview at the same company) expiring in two months time. My question is will I be able to enter the UK on that visit visa though my purpose would be to join the company based on Tier 2 visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:19 pm

No, you should not enter the UK on your visit visa and be stamped in as a visitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raspberrypi
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by raspberrypi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Just to share my experience.

Your BRP is sent to printing around the same date as of your decision. Also presumably sent to your chosen post office without being first let you make an entry into the UK. So in my opinion there is no connection between entring the UK before your BRP is triggered and sent to the post office. So it should be available from the date stated in the letter.

I collected my BRP the next morning after I arrived.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Some members have reported arriving in the UK and waiting upto or longer than a month to get their BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)