ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General, dependant English requirement 2017 - Help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Isti
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General, dependant English requirement 2017 - Help!

Post by Isti » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:17 am

Dear members of forum,
hope you are well!

I am on Tier 2 General visa and getting married on 14th April 2017 :shock: in India. Tickets booked and I return to UK on 5th May, hoping to get my wife with me (using priority service). I have the list of documents needed (thanks to everyone on this forum).

In a recent personal conversation with VFS India, they have mentioned its mandatory to prove English abilities but I have been through the policy guidance for dependants on UKVI and couldn't find any indication, even with the new English requirement from April 2017, which I believe is for extension of Tier 2 dependants. Is it for any Tier 2 dependants? Am I missing something?

I would be grateful if you can answer my questions below.

1. Does the dependant need to prove English abilities as a Tier 2 dependant applicant from outside UK from April 2017, if so, is there a UKVI reference please?

2. If English abilities are to be proven, are her qualifications sufficient to get NARIC comparison statement that concludes achievement of required English levels? I don't want to spend ~£150 on fast service to get a comparison statement that doesn't help us. My wife (to be) has B.tech and M.Tech from India (English medium).

3. If IELTS is the only route, then, will "IELTS for UKVI - General" be the right category? Available on 8th April (no slots earlier than that) but won't get the results until 21st. Time doesn't permit me to wait till then to launch her application. Any suggestions or alternatives? Is PTE considered by UK? Would you recommend PTE?

Thank you all lovely people, I look forward to your responses and suggestions!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General, dependant English requirement 2017 - Hel

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:30 am

Where (page number) in the policy guidance does it state Tier 2 G Dependents are required to meet the English requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Isti
Newly Registered

Post by Isti » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:Where (page number) in the policy guidance does it state Tier 2 G Dependents are required to meet the English requirement?
Hello Moderator,

That's my question no. 1 .. "1. Does the dependant need to prove English abilities as a Tier 2 dependant applicant from outside UK from April 2017, if so, is there a UKVI reference please?"

If you are referring to my statement "
even with the new English requirement from April 2017, which I believe is for extension of Tier 2 dependant
" This wasn't from policy guidance document. Might be for family route. I am looking for references where I saw will post once I get it.

Are you suggesting there isn't any change for Tier 2 dependants applying to prove language skills? I'll be happy if someone confirms this.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:12 pm

As far as I am aware, there has been NO change for PBS dependents regarding this. The changes from May 2017 are for FLR(M) extension in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Isti wrote:In a recent personal conversation with VFS India, they have mentioned its mandatory to prove English abilities but I have been through the policy guidance for dependants on UKVI and couldn't find any indication, even with the new English requirement from April 2017, which I believe is for extension of Tier 2 dependants. Is it for any Tier 2 dependants? Am I missing something?
No. Both VFS and you are mistaken. There is not and has never been any such English requirement. Advise you ask VFS India to cite the immigration rule where they are getting this from! When they backtrack and tell you they were wrong, I advise you complain about their bad advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Isti
Newly Registered

Post by Isti » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 pm

No. Both VFS and you are mistaken
:lol:

Agreed, but I was almost confident as I couldn't see anything on UKVI... I think I got it mixed up with an uncategorised article. Weblink of third party company removed by moderator

I will followup with VFS team.

But thank you both for confirming. Truly appreciate your time. I will do my best to contribute with proper references in the future.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:44 pm

ALWAYS only rely on official HO websites and information and please refrain from posting third party weblinks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chirag86
Newly Registered

Post by chirag86 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Isti wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 pm
No. Both VFS and you are mistaken
:lol:

Agreed, but I was almost confident as I couldn't see anything on UKVI... I think I got it mixed up with an uncategorised article. Weblink of third party company removed by moderator

I will followup with VFS team.

But thank you both for confirming. Truly appreciate your time. I will do my best to contribute with proper references in the future.

Thank you!

Hello Isti,

Can you please let me know list of documents that you submitted for Tier 2 dependant visa as I am also going to apply for same.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chirag