ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:18 am

usmanj wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am
Not really, simply click on a users name and it brings up their posting history. The piece I quoted was from a timeline topic and took less than a minute to find. It is not rocket science!

This is why these topics such as this one become so low value and tedious and end up running into 100s of 1000s of pages (I sure can dig up older topics that have run into more than 1,300 pages of mindless non value posts) and are often locked, with the same repetitive questions asked over and over and over again. Members simply too lazy to read or search before posting repetitive one liners like 'any updates', 'where you apply', 'nothing yet bro', 'don't know what to do...', 'pls post your timelines for us'.

And for anyone that actually DOES read every post, you will have seen I have posted a few times for people to say this topic is for spouse visa only not complex FLR(FP) posts or questions.
I appreciate your forum skills and frustration but I think as a moderator you must remember that very few people on this forum are probably technical and thus won't really know what functionality the forum provides. Also the forum is full of highly emotional people who are going through a stressful time in their life, which we can't really do much about.
1. Perhaps if members actually bothered to read the forum rules and guidance, things might be clearer for them, instead of just willy nilly posting for the sake of posting.

2. Don't assume that the moderators have NOT been through the immigration journey ourselves and that we don't understand. Seems a common misconception from certain members.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:18 am
1. Perhaps if members actually bothered to read the forum rules and guidance, things might be clearer for them, instead of just willy nilly posting for the sake of posting.

2. Don't assume that the moderators have NOT been through the immigration journey ourselves and that we don't understand. Seems a common misconception from certain members.
1. Most people don't read instruction manuals when they buy something, and same goes for forums.

2. I did not assume, however I was pointing out the fact that some are more emotional than others which can obviously be seen on this forum.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
No refund yet, how long will it take?
You should have got your refund by now? Did you check the account statement of the bank account you paid for your IHS fees from?

If you still haven't got it, you can write an email to the HO complaints department.

Also, have you filed your appeal yet?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am
usmanj wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:51 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:34 am
Not sure why you assume it is an FLR(FP) application. All you had to do was look at users previous posts.
He/she would have had to go back quiet a bit to find that post. Probably easier to ask again and I'm sure many other people were thinking the same question.
Not really, simply click on a users name and it brings up their posting history. The piece I quoted was from a timeline topic and took less than a minute to find. It is not rocket science!

This is why these topics such as this one become so low value and tedious and end up running into 100s of 1000s of pages (I sure can dig up older topics that have run into more than 1,300 pages of mindless non value posts) and are often locked, with the same repetitive questions asked over and over and over again. Members simply too lazy to read or search before posting repetitive one liners like 'any updates', 'where you apply', 'nothing yet bro', 'don't know what to do...', 'pls post your timelines for us'.

And for anyone that actually DOES read every post, you will have seen I have posted a few times for people to say this topic is for spouse visa only not complex FLR(FP) posts or questions.
CR001,

Could you please unlock my PM capability? You had previously mentioned that if there were no further infractions from us, you'd reinstate our PM capability. And I believe I have been a good girl all this while :D

Eka
Newly Registered
Burundi

Post by Eka » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi guys
sounds as if its a general issue all around, i made my spouse visa application on Feb 2016, at first the home office made a mistake saying that i had not fulfilled the financial requirements, yet i exceeded the amount of salary needed for someone to qualify in bringing their spouse. My case then went to the tribunal, where i won the case, (Case Withdrawn) that was the decision i received from the home office, and until now, i have not received any response at all from UKVI, all the inquiries i have made, i have been told that the VISA office is yet to receive the tribunal confirmation of the outcome, which am sure they did receive or otherwise they wouldn't have sent me that email confirming the withdrawal of the appeal. All the numbers and email addresses i have tried have all been in vain, none connects through, finally i contacted my local MP who has taken my case on but was told recently that it would be taking long.
Guys i know this could be happening to many of you, if there's anyone with some advice on how to contact please advice.
Many thanks

Eka
Newly Registered
Burundi

Post by Eka » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:45 pm

[quote=ChristinaBG post_id=1530337 time=1504600981 user_id=176549]
Hi, yes I m apply 19 December 16 in UK.... still awaiting a decision from 19 April...(((((( 8,5 moths..

[quote=Christ-Believer post_id=1530197 time=1504553238 user_id=177820]
Hi there,

Is anyone who applied in late 2016 or early 2017 still waiting for a decision?

I applied for a spouse settlement visa in Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision, so would like to know who else is waiting from this time period.

Thanks and God Bless everyone

Hello Christina
I applied on Feb 2016, up to now i have heard nothing from the home UKVI/Home office

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi everyone

i applied for my fiance on 1/5/17, the mp called me on 1/9/17 stating my application is in the final stages.

3/9/17 - i received email from sheffield decision making centre that application is in final stages and decision will be made soon.

5/9/17 - online tracker still not recognising GWF number - is this tracker working??

ChristinaBG
Newly Registered

Post by ChristinaBG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Yes , i have flr fp , but my friend, she applied spouse Visa inside UK, from Oktober 2016, and have granted her Visa just 15 august 2017, so she was waiting 10 months....
metanoia wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:04 am
ChristinaBG wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am
Hi, yes I m apply 19 December 16 in UK.... still awaiting a decision from 19 April...(((((( 8,5 moths..
Christina you have applied for Flr FP from within UK which usually takes longer from what I have read so far here and Google searches. Most of the people who posted here have applied spouse visa outside UK which should not take longer than 3 months as per UKVI published timelines but taking longer past few months.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:23 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:59 pm
Hi everyone

i applied for my fiance on 1/5/17, the mp called me on 1/9/17 stating my application is in the final stages.

3/9/17 - i received email from sheffield decision making centre that application is in final stages and decision will be made soon.

5/9/17 - online tracker still not recognising GWF number - is this tracker working??
Hi
The email u got on 3/9/2017 that your case is in final stage
Did u got that mail after u asked for an update ?

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Sydvir

Yes,

after my call from my MP - I emailed the enquiry address for an update - however this reply came directly from the decision making centre.
Sydvir wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:23 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi everyone

Hi

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:31 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:34 pm
Hi Sydvir

Yes,

after my call from my MP - I emailed the enquiry address for an update - however this reply came directly from the decision making centre.
Sydvir wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi everyone

Hi

Hi
That's great , u will get a good news soon :)
And have u got not straightforward email?
Any call from HO regarding employment?

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi All

I have couple of questions on my visa if any one can help. I did biometric on 2nd June 2017 and still waiting

1. I never recieve any mail even after 60 working days that my application is on hold. We really have no visibility as of now. Every one got on hold application after 60 working days ?

2. When we contacted our local mp office first answer was , Home office was waiting for your documents then in reply of that we send all the proof of scanning service we used to send documents. So they asked to wait for a week and now this week got answer that home office will reply to MP query between 28 Aug - 25 Sep that is 20 working days more. Going to solicitor will help in any case now ??

3. If I withdraw my application and go on visitor visa , and we will return back to India for good after that , as my husband is waiting for his citizenship so he can not return back immediately. Any chances of getting visitor visa refused ??

4. We just submitted our marriage certificate , nothing else as a proof of relationship. Can that be a reason of refusal but we do mention that we know each other from past 4 years and we met in UK only. Its not a arranged marriage

5. He is director of his company , we submitted all of his bank accounts , salary slips but did not mention how company details or anything . Is this the reason of such long delay ?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Eka wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:40 pm
Hi guys
sounds as if its a general issue all around, i made my spouse visa application on Feb 2016, at first the home office made a mistake saying that i had not fulfilled the financial requirements, yet i exceeded the amount of salary needed for someone to qualify in bringing their spouse. My case then went to the tribunal, where i won the case, (Case Withdrawn) that was the decision i received from the home office, and until now, i have not received any response at all from UKVI, all the inquiries i have made, i have been told that the VISA office is yet to receive the tribunal confirmation of the outcome, which am sure they did receive or otherwise they wouldn't have sent me that email confirming the withdrawal of the appeal. All the numbers and email addresses i have tried have all been in vain, none connects through, finally i contacted my local MP who has taken my case on but was told recently that it would be taking long.
Guys i know this could be happening to many of you, if there's anyone with some advice on how to contact please advice.
Many thanks
Feb '2016' or 2017? From what you have said, you will have to be a lil bit more.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm
Eka wrote:
Hi guys
Many thanks
Feb '2016' or 2017? From what you have said, you will have to be a lil bit more patient.

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 pm

no call at all,

my MP has been very active and did say sheffield were claiming they were very busy - thats why couldnt meet deadlines.
Sydvir wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:31 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:34 pm
Hi Sydvir

Yes,

Sydvir wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi everyone

Hi

Hi
That's great , u will get a good news soon :)
And have u got not straightforward email?
Any call from HO regarding employment?

Eka
Newly Registered
Burundi

Post by Eka » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:40 pm

M2sam wrote:
M2sam wrote:
Eka wrote:
Hi guys
Many thanks
Feb '2016' or 2017? From what you have said, you will have to be a lil bit more patient.

Yeah my initial application was in Feb 2016, then received an email in November 2016 with an attached letter from the Global Appeals service, indication that my appeal had been withdrawn. My next correspondence was when i rang their call centre and was told that they were " waiting our copy of the determination from the appeals team onshore, we can not proceed any further until we have our own copy, we are chasing this document but the applicant needs to wait for us to contact them"

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi
We are still waiting, applied early jan 2017.

My wife wrote to her MP to chase, Ho replied that hold have now been lifted and the applications are being progressed. However they cant give any specific timescale. 8 months and still waiting.....
Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi there,

I applied for a spouse settlement visa in Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision, so would like to know who else is waiting from this time period.

simba001
Newly Registered

Post by simba001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:43 am

hello everyone

applied in kenya for my wife

biometric january 23/2017
received uk visa & immigration on 24 jan 2017
not straight foward email on 24 feb 2017
waited all this time and suddenly last friday 1 sept 2017 received email saying decided and passport returning to where i applied.
monday 4th sept 2017 collected passport (visa refused)
and the reason for refusal is,, i do not meet the financial requirements.. because i have 2 children.. even though i did not apply for them, only applied for my wife, they refused. i earn 20,696 a year and sent everything to prove..
so they decided that because i have 2 children EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT APPLY FOR THEM that i have to earn 24,800
they say i have the right to appeal..
need help guys dont know what to do.
is there a RULE that says even if you are not applying for children, you must earn that amount??
has any1 come across this situation?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:36 am

simba001 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:43 am
hello everyone

applied in kenya for my wife

biometric january 23/2017
received uk visa & immigration on 24 jan 2017
not straight foward email on 24 feb 2017
waited all this time and suddenly last friday 1 sept 2017 received email saying decided and passport returning to where i applied.
monday 4th sept 2017 collected passport (visa refused)
and the reason for refusal is,, i do not meet the financial requirements.. because i have 2 children.. even though i did not apply for them, only applied for my wife, they refused. i earn 20,696 a year and sent everything to prove..
so they decided that because i have 2 children EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT APPLY FOR THEM that i have to earn 24,800
they say i have the right to appeal..
need help guys dont know what to do.
is there a RULE that says even if you are not applying for children, you must earn that amount??
has any1 come across this situation?

Hey how did they find out U have two kids....
The way they found out u have kids or u told them....
I am sure they must be thinking why u not applying for ur kids even through u have kids
By all means...... I still don't get why they fused when u didn't apply for ur kids .... but I am sure it's soemthing about where ur kids will stay in future or even through u have kids with ur wife ur not applying with kids.... so I think better choice for U is that go for the appeal

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 am

bittu11 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm
Hi
We are still waiting, applied early jan 2017.

My wife wrote to her MP to chase, Ho replied that hold have now been lifted and the applications are being progressed. However they cant give any specific timescale. 8 months and still waiting.....
Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi there,

Hey guys yap same here still waiting
16th Jan 17 applied then...
I was on hold
Still waiting to hear from them :(

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:41 am

All - We applied for my husband's spouse visa in March 2017 and still awaiting a decision. He was called yesterday to come into the visa center for an interview. Has anyone's spouse been through an interview, what type of questions were asked. The only thing they told him was that he didn't need to bring anything with him, just be present for an hour before the appointment time.

If anyone could advise, would be really grateful.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Simba001

Did u receive a hold email??

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 am

bham wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:31 am
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:12 pm
bham wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:52 pm
paulakh wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:54 am

HI BHAM
MY WIFE'S BIOMETRIC AT CHANDIGARH ON 9TH MARCH . WE RECIEVED EMAIL CASE NOT STARAIGHT FORWARD ON 2ND JUNE AND AND RANG THEM FOR UPDATES ,THEY SAY AWAITING DECISION SINCE 4 JUNE , CASE ESCALETED TWICE AND THEY REPLIED WE WORKING ON APPLICATION ,HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ON YOUR APPLICATION AS OUR APPLICATIONS NEARLY SAME DATED .AND R U SELF EMPLOYED OR EMPLOYED ?
THANKS
Hi paulakh
My husband employed we haven't received anything yet from Ho. Last update we send email got reply application is being considered and awaiting for decision .
We also try to invole MP as well. But he told no need to send email to go. Because so many people r waiting there decision. And he already called to go.
They said we have high volume of application and they r trying to clear in September. So MP advice to wait till September.
Hi
So are you trying to say that the HO has a deadline to finish all the backlog by September?

Yes our MP suggest to wait till September. Ho trying to clear in September other don't know but gonna be happen just hope for the best.
Hi Bham,
Will HO Clear all applications for people who have been waiting for over 6 months by September?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am

rocks4 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:41 am
All - We applied for my husband's spouse visa in March 2017 and still awaiting a decision. He was called yesterday to come into the visa center for an interview. Has anyone's spouse been through an interview, what type of questions were asked. The only thing they told him was that he didn't need to bring anything with him, just be present for an hour before the appointment time.

If anyone could advise, would be really grateful.
I read in other forum
They ask some security questions like marriage date, spouse d.o.b etc
And also they will ask about sponsor's employment details
Have u got case not straight forward email?
Does the sponsor contacted by the HO ?

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am

abhachandel wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm
Hi All

I have couple of questions on my visa if any one can help. I did biometric on 2nd June 2017 and still waiting

1. I never recieve any mail even after 60 working days that my application is on hold. We really have no visibility as of now. Every one got on hold application after 60 working days ?

2. When we contacted our local mp office first answer was , Home office was waiting for your documents then in reply of that we send all the proof of scanning service we used to send documents. So they asked to wait for a week and now this week got answer that home office will reply to MP query between 28 Aug - 25 Sep that is 20 working days more. Going to solicitor will help in any case now ??

3. If I withdraw my application and go on visitor visa , and we will return back to India for good after that , as my husband is waiting for his citizenship so he can not return back immediately. Any chances of getting visitor visa refused ??

4. We just submitted our marriage certificate , nothing else as a proof of relationship. Can that be a reason of refusal but we do mention that we know each other from past 4 years and we met in UK only. Its not a arranged marriage

5. He is director of his company , we submitted all of his bank accounts , salary slips but did not mention how company details or anything . Is this the reason of such long delay ?
Hi there
U wanna skip u r spouse visa and wanna apply for visitors visa. U previous on what visa in UK. If u overstay there. U can't get visitor visa easily. They also doubt on u r relationship if u try to withdraw u r application. Just wait for decision first and why u not send all proof of u r past relationships.