ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debooy2
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa UK

Post by debooy2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 am

Sorry I'm posting this on here Bec I think it's a bit related.

Can you please advice me on the best route to take on this matter.

My fiance who is a Nigerian is currently on 2 year visit visa (visa acquired by herself not through me). We planning on getting married early next year.

What's the best or less cumbersome route for her to live permanently with me in the UK? I'm considering the application for us to marry in the UK but unsure of the requirement.

The other one is the for us to wait till we are married next year and then apply. But not very sure of the requirements as well.

One the things I'm not sure about is if she requires EILT as she's a lawyer?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance Visa UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:51 am

Kindly refrain from tagging onto other members topics. I have split your post to its own topic.
My fiance who is a Nigerian is currently on 2 year visit visa (visa acquired by herself not through me). We planning on getting married early next year.

Having a two year visit visa does not mean your fiance can stay in the UK for two years. How long has she currently been in the UK?? Did she declare your relationship when she applied for the visa?
What's the best or less cumbersome route for her to live permanently with me in the UK? I'm considering the application for us to marry in the UK but unsure of the requirement.

She cannot switch to any other visa category while in the UK as a visitor. She has to apply for a fiance or spouse visa from Nigeria. To marry in the UK you both have to attend at an HO approved Registry office and give 28 days notice. You have to take your passports and proof of right to reside in the UK (not usually a visitor visa). The registry office then has to inform HO that you/she wishes to marry and this notice period can be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and possibly interview each of you separately before they either give you permission or not.
The other one is the for us to wait till we are married next year and then apply. But not very sure of the requirements as well.

Same requirements, however she cannot stay in the UK for 2 years on a visitor visa.
One the things I'm not sure about is if she requires EILT as she's a lawyer?
She must meet the English requirement. Where is her degree from (country)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Sorry I thought the topic was related and I didn't want to start a new thread. Thank you for replying.

She hasn't stayed in the UK. She visits and then returns. She has been visiting the UK before we met. So the visa was obtain by herself and no our relationship wasn't mentioned. We actually met after her last visa application

We are not looking to switch while in the UK. I wanted to know if as a fiancee of someone settled in the UK/ UK citizen she can apply from Nigeria to marry in the UK?

Please just to be clear, during the period of her 2 year visa and while in the UK on one of her visits, she is not allowed to apply to marry?

Her degree was obtained in Nigeria. And it's a law degree. I'm just assuming a law degree should meet the English language requirement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:11 pm

We are not looking to switch while in the UK. I wanted to know if as a fiancee of someone settled in the UK/ UK citizen she can apply from Nigeria to marry in the UK?
Yes she must apply from Nigeria for a fiance visa, valid for 6 months and you must get married within that time and then apply for the spouse visa within the UK. She won't be allowed to work on a fiance 6 month visa or use the free NHS.
Please just to be clear, during the period of her 2 year visa and while in the UK on one of her visits, she is not allowed to apply to marry?
I have already explained the process of what is required if you wish to marry. She would normally have to hold a visa that allows a marriage though.
Her degree was obtained in Nigeria. And it's a law degree. I'm just assuming a law degree should meet the English language requirement?
No, the degree on its own is not enough. She needs to do the UKVI red route ELA from NARIC for her degree.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Thank you so much for your advice. Much appreciated.

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 am

Hi,

I have have started to get some documents together for my application to be sent as soon as we got married.

Please I need your support or regard the documents I need to submit with my application and where would they be sumbited.

1) What documents does she need? She lives in Nigeria. We are planning to include her: academic certificates, payslips, NARIC certificate, photos, etc. But please if there is anything else can you kindly advice us.

2) as for me, I want to know where I need to submit documents in support of her application. And I am including my payslips, employment contract, rent contract, whatsapp call logs.

I look forward rto hearing from you

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:57 am

1) What documents does she need? She lives in Nigeria. We are planning to include her: academic certificates, payslips, NARIC certificate, photos, etc. But please if there is anything else can you kindly advice us.
Her payslips are irrelevant.
2) as for me, I want to know where I need to submit documents in support of her application. And I am including my payslips, employment contract, rent contract, whatsapp call logs.

You have not mentioned your bank statements, these must be submitted for 6 months minimum and correspond to your payslips. The online application process will tell you what to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi

Thank you. I will be including my bank statement.

I one of my payslips is missing but my bank statement should show that I get paid from my employer for that month. I would mention that in my cover letter. Would that be alright?

And you didn't mention where I need to send my documents to... She lives in Nigeria.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:33 pm

No, you must submit 6 months payslips with the 6 months corresponding bank statements. It is mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 am

Morning,

My partner is a lawyer and she obtained her qualification in Nigeria. All tgought in English language.

I am about to apply for Statement of Comparability for visa and nationality purpose with NARIC UK.

If NARIC comes back and says her qualification is equal to a degree in UK, woud she still need to do an Engkish Language proficiency test?

Secondly, I am still confused as to where to send the application to in the UK. She lives in Nigeria, how would the Home Office link the application if she send her docs from Nigeria and mine from here. I am looking at sending the application together from the UK. If that's allowed?

Thanks for your continuos support

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Morning,

My partner is a lawyer and she obtained her qualification in Nigeria. All tgought in English language.

I am about to apply for Statement of Comparability for visa and nationality purpose with NARIC UK.

If NARIC comes back and says her qualification is equal to a degree in UK, woud she still need to do an Engkish Language proficiency test?

Secondly, I am still confused as to where to send the application to in the UK. She lives in Nigeria, how would the Home Office link the application if she send her docs from Nigeria and mine from here. I am looking at sending the application together from the UK. If that's allowed?

Thanks for your continuos support