ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bham
Mood:
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by bham » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:22 am

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 am
bham wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm
Hi to all

I applied in March 3 biomatric
Sent paper Sheffield on 14 march
Got hold and not straightforward email in may
Email last week about status reply from ho
U r application is being considered and currently awaiting for decision.

Anyone know how long will take after that
They send hold email but when we call ukvi
They never mention about hold
I think they just send people without any reason
Only because they want more time to take.
How come, did they ask you for any documents? It shouldn't take that long. You working two jobs? You have any kids? Documents, Two jobs, kids?

Hi m2sam

No only doing one job. And no kids
U can check previous post of others
All are waiting maximum from December
Ho delay for some random person not on all applications.others are getting there visa in basic 3,4 months. Ho answering they try to clear application in September.

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 am

bham wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am
abhachandel wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm
Hi All

I have couple of questions on my visa if any one can help. I did biometric on 2nd June 2017 and still waiting

1. I never recieve any mail even after 60 working days that my application is on hold. We really have no visibility as of now. Every one got on hold application after 60 working days ?

2. When we contacted our local mp office first answer was , Home office was waiting for your documents then in reply of that we send all the proof of scanning service we used to send documents. So they asked to wait for a week and now this week got answer that home office will reply to MP query between 28 Aug - 25 Sep that is 20 working days more. Going to solicitor will help in any case now ??

3. If I withdraw my application and go on visitor visa , and we will return back to India for good after that , as my husband is waiting for his citizenship so he can not return back immediately. Any chances of getting visitor visa refused ??

4. We just submitted our marriage certificate , nothing else as a proof of relationship. Can that be a reason of refusal but we do mention that we know each other from past 4 years and we met in UK only. Its not a arranged marriage

5. He is director of his company , we submitted all of his bank accounts , salary slips but did not mention how company details or anything . Is this the reason of such long delay ?
Hi there
U wanna skip u r spouse visa and wanna apply for visitors visa. U previous on what visa in UK. If u overstay there. U can't get visitor visa easily. They also doubt on u r relationship if u try to withdraw u r application. Just wait for decision first and why u not send all proof of u r past relationships.
No i did not overstay there , i was on work permit and in fact we used to work there for same company and that how I met my husband , As i my work visa finished I chose to come back to India at that time and he decided to continue in UK. My sponsor at that time was A+ rated sponsor and a very big firm so no loop holes in my stay in UK and I chose to come 2 years earlier before the end of my work permit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 am

abhachandel wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 am
No i did not overstay there , i was on work permit and in fact we used to work there for same company and that how I met my husband , As i my work visa finished I chose to come back to India at that time and he decided to continue in UK. My sponsor at that time was A+ rated sponsor and a very big firm so no loop holes in my stay in UK and I chose to come 2 years earlier before the end of my work permit.
Unlikely you will be successful in getting a visitor visa after submitting and then withdrawing a spouse settlement visa. UKVI will doubt your intent to return to India as your intention to settle in the UK will be known and suspect you are using the visitor visa to circumvent the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello fellow UK spouse settlement visa applicants, is there anyone out there who has received a 'case not straightforward' email along the course of their visa process time but has successfully been granted their settlement visa in the end?

Many thanks in advance!

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:45 pm

LilyY wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:00 pm
Hello fellow UK spouse settlement visa applicants, is there anyone out there who has received a 'case not straightforward' email along the course of their visa process time but has successfully been granted their settlement visa in the end?

Many thanks in advance!
Lily yes, most people do, and do not worry, this is a generic email sent by HO, which means there is a delay and they cannot meet their service standards. Nothing to worry about. This means you have to be a little bit more patient :x They send this email after 3 months.

safeerahmed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by safeerahmed » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Raj86 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 am
bittu11 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm
Hi
We are still waiting, applied early jan 2017.

My wife wrote to her MP to chase, Ho replied that hold have now been lifted and the applications are being progressed. However they cant give any specific timescale. 8 months and still waiting.....
Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi there,

Is anyone who applied in late 2016 or early 2017 still waiting for a decision?

I applied for a spouse settlement visa in Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision, so would like to know who else is waiting from this time period.

Thanks and God Bless everyone

Hey guys yap same here still waiting
16th Jan 17 applied then...
I was on hold
Still waiting to hear from them :(

Hi Guys, im also waiting since December, applied for my wife and children, our passports were sent back with the suggestion to submit again upon the completion of Decision.

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm

M2sam wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:45 pm
LilyY wrote:

Many thanks in advance!
Lily yes, most people do, and do not worry, this is a generic email sent by HO, which means there is a delay and they cannot meet their service standards. Nothing to worry about. This means you have to be a little bit more patient :x They send this email after 3 months.
Oh phew! Thanks for your reply M2sam, much appreciated! I've waited 15 weeks now and all I wanted was to take my daughter to the UK before the winter started but looks like we'll be having an Indian Christmas this year too! :)

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm

LilyY wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm
M2sam wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:45 pm
LilyY wrote:

Many thanks in advance!
Oh phew! Thanks for your reply M2sam, much appreciated! I've waited 15 weeks now and all I wanted was to take my daughter to the UK before the winter started but looks like we'll be having an Indian Christmas this year too! :)
No worries. Hopefully yours will be done before that.

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am
rocks4 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:41 am
All - We applied for my husband's spouse visa in March 2017 and still awaiting a decision. He was called yesterday to come into the visa center for an interview. Has anyone's spouse been through an interview, what type of questions were asked. The only thing they told him was that he didn't need to bring anything with him, just be present for an hour before the appointment time.

If anyone could advise, would be really grateful.
I read in other forum
They ask some security questions like marriage date, spouse d.o.b etc
And also they will ask about sponsor's employment details
Have u got case not straight forward email?
Does the sponsor contacted by the HO ?

Yes we got a case not straightforward email in June and nothing since until calling my husband for an interview. I am the sponsor and have not been contacted yet.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:54 pm

safeerahmed wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 pm
Raj86 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 am
bittu11 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm
Hi
We are still waiting, applied early jan 2017.

My wife wrote to her MP to chase, Ho replied that hold have now been lifted and the applications are being progressed. However they cant give any specific timescale. 8 months and still waiting.....
Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi there,

Is anyone who applied in late 2016 or early 2017 still waiting for a decision?

I applied for a spouse settlement visa in Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision, so would like to know who else is waiting from this time period.

Thanks and God Bless everyone

Hey guys yap same here still waiting
16th Jan 17 applied then...
I was on hold
Still waiting to hear from them :(

Hi Guys, im also waiting since December, applied for my wife and children, our passports were sent back with the suggestion to submit again upon the completion of Decision.
Have you got kids? This could complicate stuff.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi all

Can you please tell how do you calculate the number of working days ... from the day of application or from the day of biometric

Femlij
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Femlij » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:30 pm

abhachandel wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm
Hi All

I have couple of questions on my visa if any one can help. I did biometric on 2nd June 2017 and still waiting

1. I never recieve any mail even after 60 working days that my application is on hold. We really have no visibility as of now. Every one got on hold application after 60 working days ?

2. When we contacted our local mp office first answer was , Home office was waiting for your documents then in reply of that we send all the proof of scanning service we used to send documents. So they asked to wait for a week and now this week got answer that home office will reply to MP query between 28 Aug - 25 Sep that is 20 working days more. Going to solicitor will help in any case now ??

3. If I withdraw my application and go on visitor visa , and we will return back to India for good after that , as my husband is waiting for his citizenship so he can not return back immediately. Any chances of getting visitor visa refused ??

4. We just submitted our marriage certificate , nothing else as a proof of relationship. Can that be a reason of refusal but we do mention that we know each other from past 4 years and we met in UK only. Its not a arranged marriage

5. He is director of his company , we submitted all of his bank accounts , salary slips but did not mention how company details or anything . Is this the reason of such long delay ?
My wife did her Biometric 1/June/2017
I receive not straight foward email 23/Aug/2017 so i havent heard anything from them eversince.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:31 pm

It's from date of your biometrics appointment.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 pm

metanoia wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:31 pm
Ok thanks !
Can you also advise what happens once you escalate your case ? What does it actually means

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:24 pm

rocks4 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:48 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am
rocks4 wrote:
All - We applied for my husband's spouse visa in March 2017 and still awaiting a decision. He was called yesterday to come into the visa center for an interview. Has anyone's spouse been through an interview, what type of questions were asked. The only thing they told him was that he didn't need to bring anything with him, just be present for an hour before the appointment time.

I read in other forum
They ask some security questions like marriage date, spouse d.o.b etc
And also they will ask about sponsor's employment details
Have u got case not straight forward email?
Does the sponsor contacted by the HO ?

Yes we got a case not straightforward email in June and nothing since until calling my husband for an interview. I am the sponsor and have not been contacted yet.
Hi was your case priority or non-priority?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 pm
metanoia wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:31 pm
Ok thanks !
Can you also advise what happens once you escalate your case ? What does it actually means
Please advise !!

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Ok thanks !
In an ideal world it should mean after an application has passed certain number of days/weeks/months an escalation will give a decision but to be honest I don't know much about it, based on what I have read here, they will request escalation of your case in system with a given timeline to you of 15 working days. In most cases applicant get an email requesting all details of the case. Some people did get quick responses after request of an escalation but for some they got emails of not straightforward or hold. Some even got phone calls enquiring about their job details.

Some when contacted after 15 working days found out their case was never escalated and cycle starts again.

I think there's no straight answer these days when it comes to HO. All we can do is chase and wait for a positive response.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 pm

metanoia wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:19 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Ok thanks !
In an ideal world it should mean after an application has passed certain number of days/weeks/months an escalation will give a decision but to be honest I don't know much about it, based on what I have read here, they will request escalation of your case in system with a given timeline to you of 15 working days. In most cases applicant get an email requesting all details of the case. Some people did get quick responses after request of an escalation but for some they got emails of not straightforward or hold. Some even got phone calls enquiring about their job details.

Some when contacted after 15 working days found out their case was never escalated and cycle starts again.

I think there's no straight answer these days when it comes to HO. All we can do is chase and wait for a positive response.
Thanks for your reply !! You are right .. it's only waiting and more waiting .... but one of my friend called to enquiry about his case( he didn't even pass his 60 working days) according to him he was on his day 50 ... the person on phone himself said that his application needs to be escalated and so he did that ... don't know what it means and now how long will it take ... he didn't get any " case not straightforward " mail so far

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:41 pm

rocks4 wrote:

What date in March did you apply?

simba001
Newly Registered

Post by simba001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 am
Hi Simba001

Did u receive a hold email??
yes i received a hold email aswell

simba001
Newly Registered

Post by simba001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:18 pm

yeah i told them i have kids as there are questions about kids,, and i also told them that they will be staying with their grandparents for a few years.
any1 know if there is a rulse that says even if you dont apply with kids and u have them, u have to earn 24800??

Raj86 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:36 am
simba001 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:43 am
hello everyone

applied in kenya for my wife

biometric january 23/2017
received uk visa & immigration on 24 jan 2017
not straight foward email on 24 feb 2017
waited all this time and suddenly last friday 1 sept 2017 received email saying decided and passport returning to where i applied.
monday 4th sept 2017 collected passport (visa refused)
and the reason for refusal is,, i do not meet the financial requirements.. because i have 2 children.. even though i did not apply for them, only applied for my wife, they refused. i earn 20,696 a year and sent everything to prove..
so they decided that because i have 2 children EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT APPLY FOR THEM that i have to earn 24,800
they say i have the right to appeal..
need help guys dont know what to do.
is there a RULE that says even if you are not applying for children, you must earn that amount??
has any1 come across this situation?

Hey how did they find out U have two kids....
The way they found out u have kids or u told them....
I am sure they must be thinking why u not applying for ur kids even through u have kids
By all means...... I still don't get why they fused when u didn't apply for ur kids .... but I am sure it's soemthing about where ur kids will stay in future or even through u have kids with ur wife ur not applying with kids.... so I think better choice for U is that go for the appeal

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:39 am

rocks4 wrote:

Hi rocks4
What date in March u applied because I also applied in. March 3biomatric in jalandhar vfs. 14 March we sent documents Sheffield. I get hold and not straightforward email in may. After that heard nothing.
Plz share u timeline. If possible plz share u r interview question. Thanks

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:47 am

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:17 am
givezemra wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 pm
GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:Hi All,

I have an update.

Please see previous threads to get the full history to my application. Quick recap is as follows:
VAC: Tirana, Albania
Biometric date: 13/04/17
Priority: Yes
Supreme court ruling letter: Yes - dated 27/04/17
Recieved call from HO: No

At the start I was communicating with UKVI by email and phone. As we know they do not know specifics case by case as they are only a third party operator. Eventually I managed to deal with the Visa Section where my application was being dealt with in Warsaw, Poland. Today they sent me the following email:

"Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the hold on your application has been now raised. Please expect our decision shortly.

Kind regards,
Visa Section
British Embassy Warsaw"

As soon as I have any immediate further update I will let you know.

FINALLY THERE MAY BE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Hello

This sounds like yours is definitely moving along!

I had a bit of news today from my MP. It seems my application was on hold because my application involved children (although my children are British and my spouse is not their biological father). Because my husband was removed from the country, the HO have said that they were looking to outright refuse the visa however because of the new ruling, they will be reconsidering it. The exact quote from part of the email is below:

Our checks into Mr & Mrs ***** circumstances, and especially Mr *****’s immigration history, suggest that he may not meet the requirements to be granted Entry Clearance as a spouse. As such, instead of the outright refusal of his application, we have placed it on hold to consider it in line with the finding of the Supreme Court.

Like I've said before, I'm expecting a refusal at first decision but to know that they have at least done a little work on it, hopefully I'll at least have a decision soon.

Sounds like there's been a lot of progress this week for lots of us so maybe they have a specific team working on the held applications.

Keeping you all in my prayers :)

Hi givezemra,

Please see update to my application I just posted now. There has been so many replies since we last spoke to wanted to keep you in the loop.

Good luck xx
Hi GeronimoBajramCurri

I'm praying for a good decision for you today. Please do share your decision.

God Bless you and best of luck xx

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 am

Bob777 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:41 pm
rocks4 wrote:

What date in March did you apply?
March 28th was when we applied. Case Not straightforward email on 14 June. Husband was called in for an interview today - 7th September. I have not been contacted yet. The case was non-priority also.

eternale
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by eternale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 am

I gave biometrics 8th of may and havent heard from them at all.. I applied with non priority. I am surprised because they normally send email after 60 business days. When our lawyer send email to them, we got auto responds which says nothing about my aplication. My husband contacted to his MP. this is their reply
"Information was requested from the Sheffield division on Friday but nothing has come back as yet. They are not sure whether eternale’s case is going to be referred for a Supreme Court Judgement. If it is then I’m afraid there could be a further delay. "

there is no kids involved, my husband earns much more than enough money than whats required and plus this just cant happen, they have needed to contact us..
i feel really lost and frustrated. Not only waiting for this long but we cant reach anyone for any updates :cry: