ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test - question about re-using this after a few years when re-applying for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

markuk
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test - question about re-using this after a few years when re-applying for BC

Post by markuk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Immigration Experts

Background:
We applied for BC in 2014 however due to a time gap we were refused this.
So I assumed we need to wait another 5 years and apply again in 2019 (we have already a permanent residency documentation issued in 2014 though).

So now the main question:
Can we apply for BC in 2019 and provide a successfully completed Life in the UK test from year 2014 then? Does it expire ? I hope it is not.

Let me know your thoughts on this and whether I understood the re-apply process properly?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in the UK test - question about re-using this after a few years when re-applying for BC

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:01 pm

LIUK does not expire.

Based on your previous post (click), you can apply in April 2019 and use the same LIUK. You will need B1 English SELT too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

markuk
Newly Registered

Re: Life in the UK test - question about re-using this after a few years when re-applying for BC

Post by markuk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:01 pm
LIUK does not expire.

Based on your previous post (click), you can apply in April 2019 and use the same LIUK. You will need B1 English SELT too.
Thank you for clarification.

Bye the way, does this B1 English SELT exam expire then or not? How long is this English language exam valid for then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:22 pm

English tests are valid for 2 years and it was changed in 2015 to the new SELT and electronic reference system. You must have at test that is on the HO approved list at the time you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.