ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent's original documents for MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longgapilr

Parent's original documents for MN1

Post by longgapilr » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi there, I got the ILR via the Tier 2 (General) but my wife and 2 kids are still on Tier 2 (General) Spouse/Dependant.

One of my kids was born in the UK so we are now applying for citizenship via MN1 because we first want to get the citizenship for the young one before applying for the ILR for my wife and the elder child.

Timeline for MN1 is 6 months max. Wife and elder child's current Tier 2 (General) Spouse/Dependant expires in mid Jan 2018. I am concerned that if I have to send any of my or my wife's original documents together with the MN1 and won't get them back by mid Jan 2018, we won't be able to apply for the ILR for my wife and the elder child before their current Tier 2 (General) Spouse/Dependant visa expires.

Could you please advise if any of my or my wife's original documents would have to be sent to the Home Office with the MN1 if we use an NCS route to submit the application? If yes, could you please advise what our options are if we don't get our original documents back from the Home Office before mid Jan 2018?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parent's original documents for MN1

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Apply for MN1 through NCS at the council. You will get to keep all your original documents and you can apply for citizenship and passport jointly at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

longgapilr

Re: Parent's original documents for MN1

Post by longgapilr » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm
Apply for MN1 through NCS at the council. You will get to keep all your original documents and you can apply for citizenship and passport jointly at the same time.
thank you very much!