ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Andi4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Questions

Post by Andi4 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello can someone help with my question regarding old passports. On the application it ask for all old passports to be sent in for my wife, she can't find her old passport when she moved out. And it has 2 tourist visa refusal on it 1 from Sweden 2012 and 1 from Norway 2015. What should we do about this?? We will declare the visa refusals but can't find the passport to send to them with the application.

vinny

Re: Spouse visa-re old passports

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Clearly, it's impossible to send what you don't have. Should explain in covering letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Andi4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial requirements

Post by Andi4 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Can someone help with this question. I work for a chauffeuring company as self employed, they email me my earnings by invoice each week. I print them of all for the relevant tax year but they are printed and the company says we don't stamp invoices. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do about this. The invoices match the income gone in my bank statements for the tax year.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Questions

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 am

Andi4 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:10 pm
Can someone help with this question. I work for a chauffeuring company as self employed, they email me my earnings by invoice each week. I print them of all for the relevant tax year but they are printed and the company says we don't stamp invoices. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do about this. The invoices match the income gone in my bank statements for the tax year.
You will have to write to their head office requesting and confirming the invoices arrangement on how they frequently they are sent and in what format. Secondly i would also request that they confirm your arrangements and maybe show an account statement from them to you confirming all payments. They would have to anyway for tax purposes so it shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this helps somewhat.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Andi4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Andi4 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks for the reply, they already issue me with the invoice each weak with the earnings and that figure matches my bank statement figure with my company name on the income shown on the bank statement. Do you think that would satisfy the question of where the income is coming from?

Thanks

Andi4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Living expenses - Spouse visa

Post by Andi4 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi there I've come across a question on appendix 2 regarding monthly living expenses my living expenses are £1200 monthly including mortgage and bills, and my income after tax is around £1500. I have around £300 a month after living cost for a month my wife will obviously want to work when she gets here she has a bachelors degree accepted in the UK. I meet the minimum income of £18,600.

Will £300 left for a month after living cost be grounds for refusal for spouse visa due to maintenance?? Really need some help on this please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 pm

HO are only interested in your income and evidence of it in the bank and payslips etc. They are not interested in where your money goes. There is no 'maintenance' requirement for spouse visa, you simply need to meet the income requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Living expenses - Spouse visa

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Andi4 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm
Hi there I've come across a question on appendix 2 regarding monthly living expenses my living expenses are £1200 monthly including mortgage and bills, and my income after tax is around £1500. I have around £300 a month after living cost for a month my wife will obviously want to work when she gets here she has a bachelors degree accepted in the UK. I meet the minimum income of £18,600.

Will £300 left for a month after living cost be grounds for refusal for spouse visa due to maintenance?? Really need some help on this please.
Also your income is counted as gross, so before taxes and NI are deducted.
Andi4 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm
Thanks for the reply, they already issue me with the invoice each weak with the earnings and that figure matches my bank statement figure with my company name on the income shown on the bank statement. Do you think that would satisfy the question of where the income is coming from?

Thanks
As your self employed you could show a self assessment return or a SA302 as it is called (I think), please note this is personal income you have declared.

Better to speak to your accountant. You could also show your business accounts.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.