ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband's spousal visa just got rejected

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:Who do you think you are? What I'm I doing justifying myself to you?

Admin, should I stay I should I go?
Everyone, just please remain calm as much as possible.

Wanderer, you & I have had some exchanges and I am very happy with you here.

If you wish to stay, please do so.

SYH just finally went over the top this week. It has been a pretty steady stream of abuse, and I do mean ABUSE, which I've tolerated for far too long.

I have very regularly allowed adults to play, and sometimes play rough, here. I still want to maintain as much free speech and the widest range of expression possible here.

But I've always asked that People : Just Play Nice. Try to be kind to each other. We are here to help each other.

But, viciously jumping on new members is one thing I've regularly asked members to refrain from. Very hurt and confused people show up here, often without knowing any of the basic things they need to try and figure out their situation.

Give them the benefit of the doubt for a week or two and their first dozen or two posts. They won't last in any forum if they can't get through that much learning curve.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

archigabe

Re: the facts

Post by archigabe » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Sarah D wrote:If there is anyone out there who has been through this then I would really appreciate any words of encouragement.
I think this post might bring a bit of cheer.

good news for spouse over stayers ???

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Dave_Was
Newly Registered

Post by Dave_Was » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Just keep strong and you'll find a way. I know it's easy to say but you have to try.

Look at it this way now you know why they refused the application. You can now go and make a water tight application showing why their decision was wrong.

Good luck.

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:32 pm

I have read most of the messages on this board, and I am very upset to read posts from SYH.

This poor person has just found out that the spouse has had his visa rejected abroad, and what she needs right now is help and support through a very difficult period, not someone jumping the gun and being too judgemental without first asking for all the facts!

The reason the poor guy is switching off his phone is because he is probably very upset as my husband was when his visa got rejected by Islamabad. I know how you are feeling because my husband and I just got married and we spent the few precious months we had together preparing for his case before he went to Pakistan to apply for his visa. We were apart a total of 1 year and 3 months.

I want to give you constructive advice here. When your hubby does get in contact with you, and he will...he's just upset at the moment...ask him to read out or fax you a copy of the refusal letter so that you can see the reasons why he got refused. They could be minor reasons and have nothing to do with the genuiness of the marriage. For example, it could be to do with a particular document which wasn't in the folder, or they may have queried a particular document which your husband had given them. You need to find out why they have rejected the visa and act apon it.

Try to get a solicitor if you can. I am not sure where you are living in the UK but the Immigration Adivsory Service in Glasgow does not charge a single penny and they can give you all the help and support you need. You need present the Reasons for Refusal letter to your solicitor who will advice you on what course of action is best. Normally they will ask the embassy in India to review you case again, without an appeal hearing. If the Indian Embassy still maintain that the visa should be rejected and a hearing is necessary, then the case will go to court and you and your solicitor will need to prepare for the 'big day'. I am telling you all this from experience, step by step. Both you and your husband will need to help one another through this whole process, and as long as you prepare your case well in accordance with the immigration rules on spousal visas, then you will have a very good chance or obtaining the visa at the appeal stage. You will hear time and time again about people who have applied through embassies and had their visas rejected, but when you get to the appeal hearing, an independant judge will look at your case properly and the reasons for refusal and make a decision. If for example they refused your husbands visa because you did not include bank statements, then you can submitt these to embassy for the review, and if they still refuse the visa, then your solictor can submitt the statements to the Home Office before the hearing and you can take them along with you to the court and the judge will consider any new evidence which wasn't in front of the ECO at the time. Or if the reason for refusal was because they doubted any evidence which you had already submitted, then you can clarify the matter in court. I am just giving the bank statements as an example.

Don't worry, my husband and I went through a very bad time, but we worked together for the appeal and supported each other as much as we could despite him being in pakistan and me in the UK. Within 10mins of the hearing the judge allowed the visa because we made our case strong. You must stay as strong as possible, get yourself together (I mean this in a nice way) and start preparing for his case! I know you can do it, and once you pick yourself back up and your husband does the same....you both need to work extra hard and I'm sure the next msg we see from you on this board, it will be full of good news!!!

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Just to add to my last msg, your solicitor, depending on the reasons for refusal, might advise you to re apply rather than go through the appeal process. Also, depending on your income etc, you may qualify for legal aid, shop around because some of these solicitors charge a bomb so be careful.

thesaint

matter of time

Post by thesaint » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Dear Sara
I will be quick and short in my comments
If your marriage is genuine and I think it is , nothing can stop you to be together here in the uk. its only a matter of time and money
so be strong and support your husband
Wish you all the best and remember soon or later you will be together