ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Extension Visa Application Query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asimkfarooq
United Kingdom

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Extension Visa Application Query

Post by asimkfarooq » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello All,

I hope you all are fine. Thank you for your inputs on different immigration topics which is very helpful.
I applied for my UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Extension Visa Application on 17th March 2017 and received complex letter on 18th April 2017 along with my biometrics which I gave by 21-22 April 2017.
Now its almost 6 months, I haven't heard from Home office. I did not receive any interview call or post. No body visited my company's office yet.
I have below questions if you can help me answer please?

1- Should I or my lawyer call Home office and ask them if they need any more documents? I am asking because I read some topics where people said they sent additional documents and they got their Ext visa?

2- After completion of my 6 months, should I contact my local MP and ask him to chase home office? My friend did it and home office responded to his MP and asked my friend to send more documents (office premises contract + company's contract of service with clients), which he did. Then he did not get any answer and asked MP again. MP office contacted home office again and they said decision will be sent this week and then he got his visa. So it took 6+2 months after he involved his local MP after 6 months of application.

3- My father had an accident last week, thanks God he is fine, just minor injury but I so wanted to go but could not. Now should I ask home office to decide my application since I have to go to see my father? here I have 2 examples, one of my friend's friend did that he asked home office he wants to go to see his ill mother and they gave him visa, this was in Nov 2016. But I heard that another person did the same that he wants to go for emergency back home and they rejected his visa on a small thing. Should I push home office or not?

4- Does anyone know why are they taking time? There are guys who got visa in 1-2-3 month but there are guys who are waiting from last 8-10 months and more. So those people waiting for more than 6 months did not contact home office through their lawyer or MP?

5- one of the fellow here got his visa rejected because employees had same job tilte. Now if I hired 2-3 telecom engineers to work for my clients. They will have their job title Telecom Engineer. So this reason is very weird? Do you guys agree? I have continuous contracts with Telefonica O2 and Huawei within last 3 years and on-going.

Please advise what should I do next? It is very stressful that you do not have your passport and you can't go anywhere if any emergency.
I am pre april 2014 and I got my original Tier-1 (Entrepreneur) visa in March 2014 and I received it in 2 weeks at that time.
I am a telecom consultant and employed 3 full times employees and 2 part time employees in past 3 years. I still have one employee continuing from last 2 years, all British nationals.

Kindly advise. Thanks so much

Regards

A K FAROOQ

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Extension Visa Application Query

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Unfortunately you cannot do much and you must wait to hear back from HO as it has been advised may many times on the forum. You are not alone and many applicants had to wait several months (one case was 16 months :shock: ) to get results. You can get your MP involved but there is no guarantee that it will be helpful. No one can tell you how long it will take or why it has taken so long as every Tier 1E application is different and will be decided on its own merits.
It is tough to get stuck in an immigration limbo but there is very little we can do unfortunately :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice