ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ZIM-BE marriage procedure

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giwuken
Newly Registered

ZIM-BE marriage procedure

Post by giwuken » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Tis is hwat the BE commune gave as info:
ZIM national needs to request:
- birth certificate
- proof of identity/nationality
- proof of not-being-married
- proof of domicile
(these docs have to be recent (max 1 year)

Those 4 go to the Belgian Embassy in ZIM, get certified, and then to the Foreign Affairs office of ZIM, al;so to get certified.

Then they get sent to Belgium, and first thing is to get them translated by an official translator.

With those docs in dutch, we can then declare our intent to marry. If you cannot be present, you can give me a Power-of-Attorney, but it has to be signed and notarized.

In the mean while the cominity informs the police (i.e. also immigration I guess), and they start an investigation. Thi smight be in cooperation with the police of your country of residence.

When they conclude the investigation, all is sent to the District Attorney, who can do 3 things:
YES
NO
POSTPONE (max 2 months), and then YES or NO

Whole procedure can take up to 6-7 months, without the postponing.

--------------------------------------

I'm trying to find someone who can tell me if the inverse (BE going to ZIM to marry there) would be easier, and the marriage needs to be then legalised in BE.

G