ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by silverchloride » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:33 am

Hi all,

Just a quick question about referees. Can they be my colleagues? I noted that on the passport application, it says that the referees can't be someone that has known you professionally.

Any guidance / advice very much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 am

silverchloride wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick question about referees. Can they be my colleagues? I noted that on the passport application, it says that the referees can't be someone that has known you professionally.

Form AN and passport form have separate requirements. If you apply using JCAP, no referees needed in passport form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mfreidin

Re: Past 5 years addresses in AN

Post by mfreidin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 am

alterhase58 wrote:
mfreidin wrote:Possibly asked many times, but cannot find straight away.

I lived in my current address for more than 5 years. Actually, I say this in 1.16 (From .....).

Do I need to reply to 1.17 then (your addresses for the past 5 years)?
I can fill in a From date, but there is no To date as I am still living in the same place.

Please can anybody help?

Thanks.
Same for my application - just fill in 1.16, ignore 1.17 - no issue.
Thanks for advise!

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:42 am

CR001 wrote:

Form AN and passport form have separate requirements. If you apply using JCAP, no referees needed in passport form.
Okie great, so the referees can be professional colleagues.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 am

silverchloride wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Okie great, so the referees can be professional colleagues.
Yes but they must be on the list of approved referees as professional, i.e. accountant (qualified and registered) for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Indguru90 wrote:
mahasam wrote:
What about if the absence days were put in error, I've just found out that it seems I didn't go on holiday (according to my bank statements for that period) but I was basing my conclusions on the dates pictures were taken in 2012, they had dates as names i.e. 01012012_083041 (last part is time).

Thank you!
Note down your absences as you can retrace them now.

Since there are some differences between your list of absences on the EEA(PR) form (some additional, some missing as in your case) and your actual absences as you can retrace them now, if you want some peace of mind simply write a sentence on page 22 of form AN, stating that you have slightly amended your absences. I wouldn't trouble myself with this issue too much if your total number of absences is well below 450 days during the 5-year QP.

(Also, for those having trouble reconstructing their travel history, an SAR request for entry/exit data including eBorders and advance passenger information data may be made to the Border Force.)
Hi Indguru90,

Thank you for your reply.

In my case - I had to refill the last 5-year travel history as my DCPR was issued in 2012 so DCPR travels didn't collate with the current 5 year period traveling.

I've added a travel that lasted around 5 days outside the UK and apparently I didn't take it as my bank statement shows some activity during the dates I've stated. My assumptions were based on the dates the photos had. Can this be treated as a lie or an attempt to mislead? (sounds a bit bizarre because who would willingly add travel dates, I guess some people would like to hide them :) )

Thank you in advance.

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Just a quick questions about employment form.
1. Do I need to write days like 01/05/2012 or moths and years are enough like 05/2012?
2. I worked for company (3 months) which has bankrupted therefore no money (and tax) has been paid. Should I skip that in history employment and carry on with next employer?

liren1
Newly Registered

Post by liren1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi
I have a question regarding a traffic offence that may seem ludicrous to you, I just want to be sure.
In the form I'm supposed to report all traffic offences with a conviction. I've been in the UK for 16 years, ILR for 11 years, and my UK driving record all this time has been squeaky clean, not even a parking ticket. However about 21-22 years ago, I don't recall the exact date and I don't have any documents, I was caught one time on camera driving through a red light (no, I don't usually do this, the red was for turning left, and green for going straight, so I didn't notice). This was abroad, in my country of origin before long before moving here. I pleaded guilty by post, and was fined about a £100 - I don't remember the exact amount, but it was not much.
I doubt this would cause an issue since 22 years have passed , and I'm not even sure they could find out about it, but who knows ? it's not considered a criminal record .
So should I declare it or just 'forget it' ?
Does the home office conduct this kind of searches abroad, going back this far ?
Thanks

hosey17
Newly Registered

Post by hosey17 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi

Do you need to mention it on your NAP from if you had a parking ticket?

Is that necessary?

Thanks

hellothere19
United Kingdom

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by hellothere19 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm

hello all!
Slowly getting ready for NCS appointment :shock:
A couple of questions re AN application
Name of my father, I assume first I write his surname, followed by all 4 of his first/given names as on his passport

When I then go and complete the British passport form as i will be submitting a joint application, it asks again parents details. However there is not as much space there as on the AN form, and I can't write down all his names (same goes for my mum) Should I just limit it on both forms to just the one first name, or it doesn't matter that I cannot state all his first names on the passport application?

section 5 on the passport form (re certificate of registration or naturalisation), I have to leave that blank I suppose as ?

Lastly, my employer will sign the passport application as the countersignature but I see that they also ask for my employers details, so it will be twice the same person? (Hmm, I work for a ltd company, so maybe I only need to give the company name in the last section?)

TIA
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

softy monster
Algeria

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by softy monster » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

hellothere19 wrote:hello all!
Name of my father, I assume first I write his surname, followed by all 4 of his first/given names as on his passport

When I then go and complete the British passport form as i will be submitting a joint application, it asks again parents details. However there is not as much space there as on the AN form, and I can't write down all his names (same goes for my mum) Should I just limit it on both forms to just the one first name, or it doesn't matter that I cannot state all his first names on the passport application?

section 5 on the passport form (re certificate of registration or naturalisation), I have to leave that blank I suppose as ?
Lastly, my employer will sign the passport application as the countersignature but I see that they also ask for my employers details, so it will be twice the same person? (Hmm, I work for a ltd company, so maybe I only need to give the company name in the last section?)
TIA
As you are applying through NCS (JCAP) you don't need to do the countersignature section for the passport application!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

softy monster wrote:
hellothere19 wrote:hello all!

TIA
As you are applying through NCS (JCAP) you don't need to do the countersignature section for the passport application!
Aha! I thought they had to confirm that they know me for at least 2 yr
so they sign the pics as well, and i leave section 10 blank

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:10 pm

BTW, I read in previous posts dated 2016 that we cannot add our mobile nr in section 2 (even though there is a grid for mobile nr and alternative nr)
do we still have to only fill it on section 8?

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 am

hellothere19 wrote:BTW, I read in previous posts dated 2016 that we cannot add our mobile nr in section 2 (even though there is a grid for mobile nr and alternative nr)
Please the below link and hope this will answer your questions, Also once you have booked your appointment with NCS you should see in the end the whole process or even by email I think! Do/Don't steps

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20051 ... rvice_jcap
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:11 pm

softy monster wrote:
hellothere19 wrote:BTW, I read in previous posts dated 2016 that we cannot add our mobile nr in section 2 (even though there is a grid for mobile nr and alternative nr)
Please the below link and hope this will answer your questions, Also once you have booked your appointment with NCS you should see in the end the whole process or even by email I think! Do/Don't steps

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20051 ... rvice_jcap
thanks for the info

I'm still unsure to add all my parents first names... as on the passport application there is not enough space for 4 first names as stated on their passport
I'll just write one first name on both applications and ask the NCS if they need all the name

bio67
Newly Registered

Post by bio67 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi, I am a little bit confused and I hope that you guys can help.
I am an EEA national and arrived in UK in December 2007. Started work as a self employed in April 2008 and worked until July 2011, when due to illness I had to stop. Went on ESA and JSA until August 2012. After that I didn't qualify for JSA anymore but still looked for work (didn't sign on). In March 2013 I started a course to become an interpreter. Started work as an interpreter in October 2013 (as a self employed) and also in February 2014 I became an employee,
This spring I have applied for DCPR which I got in May. The date when acquired permanent residence is April 2012 in the letter.
I'm just filling in my AN form and I don't know what to write in employment history for the period from August 2012 to October 2013.
What do you guys think I should write? My husband supported me that period, he has been a full time employee from day 1 we have arrived here.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm

bio67 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm
I am an EEA national and arrived in UK in December 2007. Started work as a self employed in April 2008 and worked until July 2011, when due to illness I had to stop. Went on ESA and JSA until August 2012. After that I didn't qualify for JSA anymore but still looked for work (didn't sign on). In March 2013 I started a course to become an interpreter. Started work as an interpreter in October 2013 (as a self employed) and also in February 2014 I became an employee,
This spring I have applied for DCPR which I got in May. The date when acquired permanent residence is April 2012 in the letter.
I'm just filling in my AN form and I don't know what to write in employment history for the period from August 2012 to October 2013.
What do you guys think I should write? My husband supported me that period, he has been a full time employee from day 1 we have arrived here.
Thanks
If you didn't work then write 'unemployed'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bio67
Newly Registered

Post by bio67 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm
bio67 wrote:
Thanks
Thank you very much for quick response.
Do you think I should submit any evidence like bank statements ?

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi all
On pager 19 of the AN form, where we attach picture so the referees can confirm, do i write my full name, of just first name+ last name, in my application I used the same 3 first names as on my belgian passport (same goes for what to write on the picture itself, is First+last name and DOB sufficient?)

thanks

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:45 pm

hellothere19 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:28 pm
Hi all
On pager 19 of the AN form, where we attach picture so the referees can confirm, do i write my full name, of just first name+ last name, in my application I used the same 3 first names as on my belgian passport (same goes for what to write on the picture itself, is First+last name and DOB sufficient?)

thanks
Hello,
Forename and surname should be sufficient. Same on the photo plus DOB so they know whose photo it is if it gets separated from the application

Regards

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 pm

bio67 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:13 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm
bio67 wrote:
Thanks
Thank you very much for quick response.
Do you think I should submit any evidence like bank statements ?
Any additional residence evidence that you have been present in the country will be beneficial for you. Chances are that they will want too see that you have been present during that "gap", so better send them along with cover letter explainig that period

Regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm

I would like to share my experience at NCS Aylesbury for my and wife's JCAP appointment.

Parking available diagonally opposite to Buckinghamshire Register Office in Aylesbury next to The White Swan Pub for £1/hr, max parking 2 hours can only pay for 1hr at a time.

Ours was 11 am appointment took close to 2 hours. Extremely spacious and professional facility, staff very polite and helpful.

My Case 5Yr on Tier 2 General Dependent and then 19 months ILR. Past 5 years as unemployed. Expired Passport and ILR obtained after 28th Oct 2013 (For English Language Criteria).
My Wife 5 YR on Tier 2 General and then 19-month ILR. ILR obtained after 28th Oct 2013 25th Oct 2013 (For English Language Criteria).

At the beginning of the appointment, the NCS caseworker went through the application and collected the originals, however, even though we have proven our English language criteria at the time of ILR after 28th Oct 2013 and the date on ILR BRP & Letter attests the same, she checked directly with the HO and they advised her that though they have all the records for both me and wife and it's true we do not need to prove again, they still would like to see our Original Degree Transcript. We did not have it at the time and hence were asked to go back home and deposit it after the appointment was over.

Since my passport expired in Feb 2017 and my application was made in Sep 2017 they wanted me to produce correspondence from Government department for each month, I did not have the same for two months and hence was asked to provide bank statements which have transactions local to my place of residence (i.e. address on the AN Form), Again these were provided to them later in the day when we went back to provide our degrees. Years ago while applying for HSMP I had obtained from our (me and my wife's) respective universities letters confirming the medium of instruction of degree taught in English. Hence also, provided the same.

They did not even accept my past (i.e. from 5 years prior to the qualification period) professional documentation or P60's etc. as the lady said NCS is in a contract with HO not to bulk up on paperwork until necessary.

Within two days of making the application our fees were deducted and the following day my wife received acknowledgement email addressed to myself. On probing the HO they have asked me to notify of the discrepancy in writing. I haven't received any acknowledgement whats so ever.

I hope it helps others, Thanks once again to Indguru for detailed responses.

cardiffer
Newly Registered

Post by cardiffer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi all

So, I got my PR card 12 months ago so I'm ready to apply for citizenship. When HO returned my documents they kept my 'Blue' and 'Yellow' Worker Accession Cards (for Bulgarians and Romanians).

Just reading the requirements for citizenship now and I noticed the below in the AN booklet (page 10):

If you are an EU2 national and claim to have acquired permanent residence by relying on
any period of employment between 1 January 2007 to 31 December 2013, in order to
obtain a permanent residence card you will need to show:
- that you obtained an accession worker card for that employment, making it lawful or

Does that mean HO should've returned my cards so I can provide them as proof for when I apply for citizenship?

I have photos and keep a record of each cards numbers, but is that going to be sufficient? Or is sending my PR card to HO be fine?

Appreciate the help!

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 pm

cardiffer wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi all

So, I got my PR card 12 months ago so I'm ready to apply for citizenship. When HO returned my documents they kept my 'Blue' and 'Yellow' Worker Accession Cards (for Bulgarians and Romanians).

Just reading the requirements for citizenship now and I noticed the below in the AN booklet (page 10):

If you are an EU2 national and claim to have acquired permanent residence by relying on
any period of employment between 1 January 2007 to 31 December 2013, in order to
obtain a permanent residence card you will need to show:
- that you obtained an accession worker card for that employment, making it lawful or

Does that mean HO should've returned my cards so I can provide them as proof for when I apply for citizenship?

I have photos and keep a record of each cards numbers, but is that going to be sufficient? Or is sending my PR card to HO be fine?

Appreciate the help!
You need to send just your PR card

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I am an EEA national (Bulgaria) and starting to fill out the form. I have two practical (and maybe somewhat stupid) questions.

1. What document should I use for the 'current passport/travel document number' (1.2 of the form)?
I am travelling back to Bulgaria later this year and I plan to replace my passport then which obviously will be in the middle of the application. Should I use my ID card instead?

2. Do I have to put anything in the 'Reference numbers used in your immigration applications' (1.1 of the form)?
Before I got my EEA PR card, I have previously applied for a yellow and blue card. Should I include the Case IDs for those applications or put N/A here?