ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse and Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanoram
Newly Registered

ILR for Spouse and Child

Post by nanoram » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone help me with the information for ILR family visa (applying from India).

I am currently holding ILR, applying for my wife and child who are not in the UK. I was on tier 2 general visa before i was granted ILR, my wife was with me on PBS dependent visa, child born here in the UK but we opted for Indian passport. Right now both my wife and child are in India (their visa lapsed a month ago), now i am planning to apply for family of settled person visa for them.

My question:
1. will my wife's previous stay in the UK considered for her continuous residency..?
2. will my child be eligible for naturalization (British passport) as now i got ILR and she was born in the UK (currently child holds indian passport and when child was born i was on tier 2 general).
3.To apply for partner (spouse + Child) visa should I submit SU07 form ( i am submitting a letter from the employer with salary details, my payslips, p60s, bank statements and i fulfill the financial requirement).

Many thanks for your help

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Spouse and Child

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 pm

1. will my wife's previous stay in the UK considered for her continuous residency..?
Depends, only if she left with valid visa and will return within 6 months
2. will my child be eligible for naturalization (British passport) as now i got ILR and she was born in the UK (currently child holds indian passport and when child was born i was on tier 2 general).
She is eligible to register as a British Citizen
3.To apply for partner (spouse + Child) visa should I submit SU07 form ( i am submitting a letter from the employer with salary details, my payslips, p60s, bank statements and i fulfill the financial requirement).
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Spouse and Child

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Not for ILR based on 5 years residence. She will need 5 years on spouse settlement visa to qualify for ILR on 5 years residence. Her time as PBS dependent does not count towards the 5 years. If she returns to the UK within 6 months of leaving, her continuous residence for ILR based on long residence will remain in tact and all visa categories can be combined.

2. As Zimba88 has already advised.
Form SU07 is NOT required for a spouse/child visa. It is for elderly adult dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.