ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sandal Ashraf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Irish spouse visa

Post by Sandal Ashraf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 am

Hi i m new to this form
I have questions to ask
I got married on skype 4 days back my husband is in ireland(pakistani irish
national) and i am in pakistan.we nevrer met face to face with each other
our marriage was decided and finalized by our families.he couldnt come to
pakistan so we had a skype marriage.now i want to apply for spouse visa for
ireland but they say to provide evidence of ur relationship that is relationship that is
pictures and face to face meetings but we both never met each other only we
had video calls
Now i want to ask what should i do in this case do they really need
evidence for face to face meetings or any soloution
Hoping for positive response

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Irish spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:37 am

You clearly don't meet the requirement then do you? If it wasn't needed, they wouldn't be asking for it :idea:
Evidence of your Relationship History
You must submit evidence of your relationship with your prospective spouse/civil partner, for example, evidence of your prospective spouse/civil partner having travelled to your country of residence on a number of occasions to visit you, evidence of correspondence etc.
Please note that for immigration purposes it is not sufficient for a relationship to have developed solely over the internet or by telephone/sms. A relationship must include a number face to face meetings (excluding webcam) between the parties. You must satisfy the Visa Officer that the relationship is bona-fide.
If either you or your prospective spouse/civil partner were married or in a civil partnership previously you must submit evidence of this:
marriage /civil partnership certificate
divorce/ dissolution of civil partnership certificate
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davenjoy

Re: Irish spouse visa

Post by davenjoy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi, as far as I can remember 2 years ago when I applied for spouse visa I submitted tons of evidences that me and my husband met face to face for example, meeting in my county 9 times, our flights together during our travels, his iterinaries to Philippines, communications like posted cards, web chats not considered I guess. Most importantly show them your pictures together and write the history of your relationship.

I suggest better to meet face to face cos that's the strong evidence that your relationship is strong enough to prove to INIS that it is not a sham.

Application of join spouse takes minimum of 6 months.

Good luck for your application.