ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for citizenship after successful PR - need to send worker registration cards?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cardiffer
Newly Registered

Applying for citizenship after successful PR - need to send worker registration cards?

Post by cardiffer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi all

So, I got my PR card 12 months ago so I'm ready to apply for citizenship. When HO returned my documents they kept my 'Blue' and 'Yellow' Worker Accession Cards (for Bulgarians and Romanians).

Just reading the requirements for citizenship now and I noticed the below in the AN guide (page 10):

If you are an EU2 national and claim to have acquired permanent residence by relying on
any period of employment between 1 January 2007 to 31 December 2013, in order to
obtain a permanent residence card you will need to show:
- that you obtained an accession worker card for that employment, making it lawful or

Does that mean HO should've returned my cards so I can provide them as proof for when I apply for citizenship?

I have photos and keep a record of each cards numbers, but is that going to be sufficient? Or is sending my PR card to HO be fine?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Re: Applying for citizenship after successful PR - need to send worker registration cards?

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:51 am

If you have permanent resident status/PR Card you should not be asked to re-evidence worker registration status. Although you were correct to keep copies- this is something you should always do (for life) with all immigration/citizenship documentation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.