ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! passport expiring FLR FP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simil
Newly Registered
Australia

Help! passport expiring FLR FP

Post by simil » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 am

Hi everyone
I don't know what to do. I'm loosing hope already, my application FLR fp is still pending with no decision since 26/10/2016 and my passport is expiring soon. If I ask for it back my application has to be cancelled and there's no way the embassy will renew without old passport. Can anyone please suggest what to do? Yes I have contacted both HO and embassy.

simil
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Help! passport expiring FLR FP

Post by simil » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Please anyone with information can you shed some light.
Thanks

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi mate I had gone through a same scenario...

I applied for SET M visa but it was refused and home office kept my documents including passport, then I applied for FLR FP but my passport was expired, unfortunately there is nothing you can do except wait for the outcome of decision from home office.

Once you get your Visa you can apply for a new passport from your local Consulate.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:47 pm

May I ask, why do you need to renew it whilst it's a pending decision? Many applicants go through this, you won't be able to travel without your passport anyway (unless there is a ruling for your country of origin where you can only renew whilst it's valid?)

If you need it for that reason, then write a letter to the HO with a letter from your embassy that you require it to renew and you'll provide it back to them and that YOU DO NOT wish to withdraw your application (I have read that by getting your passport back it'll invalidate).

I would personally deal with this after a decision and return of docs.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.