ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry about citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surf16
Newly Registered
Wales

Enquiry about citizenship

Post by surf16 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi I have a quick question
I had Indefinite leave to remain I got it after I finished 5 years as a refugee.
I will apply for naturalisation in 2018.
I heard some news that some people who enter to the uk illegally it means the person is not good caracters that's required to apply for citizenship.
Thanks in advance

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: Enquiry about citizenship

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:52 pm

What is your question exactly? Entering clandestinely can be considered an immigration breach and may or may not count against an applicant. Given that you were granted refugee status, I think it's unlikely that it will be held against you.

You might be interested in reading the discussion that was had about it a couple of weeks ago. There are links in that thread that may be of interest to you—though if you have any further questions, you should post them here in this thread, rather than the linked one.

surf16
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Enquiry about citizenship

Post by surf16 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Thank you for the reply.
In my 5 years in the uk I never break any laws and I never received any penalties or points in my licence. Just worrying about the issue of the entry to the UK and apply for asylum in same day in my arrival then I got my 5 years status after 3 months. Which expired in last April I applied for ILR which been approved in 29 August 17.
I will appreciate any more information.
Thank you