ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa to settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blok242
Newly Registered

Visitor visa to settlement visa

Post by blok242 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi

I am applying for a spouse visa entry clearance as a 'family of settled person'. I am a bit confused about the rules and could not find answers in google.

I am currently in the UK on a visitor visa which expires in Nov, do I have to apply for entry clearance after the expiry of the vise or can I apply before as well? I will be applying from outside the UK.

Also will having a visitor visa just before settlement visa cause any complication in the application? Any suggestions how to simplify the complication

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor visa to settlement visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 pm

No issue and you can apply at anytime if you meet the requirements.

Assuming of course that your stated in your visitor visa that you are visiting your spouse or at least mentioned your spouse as the purpose of your visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blok242
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa to settlement visa

Post by blok242 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks CR001